Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

'Sef Saf - early contender for player of the season?

Not only has he been the one who has shown real loyalty (Huckerby too and...um ,,,yes the board!) with his faith and commitment to us  bbut week-in, week out, he shows what a character he is. We seem to be more assured with him in midfield - all going back to Man Utd in my opinion - with THAT tackle on Rooney. The Doc is another reliable figure after being maligned on these boards. Ashton? One of the best ever centre forwards in a canary shirt - but to be short-lived?  Who else? I know its early days but on recent evidence, Safri is a strong runner. Where can we get more Moroccan flags?

The Doc for me. If Safri had played every game, then i''d give it to him by a mile, however Doherty has performed consistently well, and has been the true success story of the season 

i''d agree its the doc for me - after getting slagged, he''s come back

into the squad and played his best fooy for city.  been as

reliable as anybody in a side of inconsistency.

safs should never have played in the world cup qualifiers - coming back

injured. also looked ordinary fro 3-4 games on return - on sat though

waas pure class - equal to his performance last season when we trounced

man u.

Early is right !!   far far too early ... 

In my book,  the player of the season  should fulfil some designated criteria,   actually PLAYING for most of the season   should be one of them !  and Safri  has spent most of his time injured  so far , also he`s more than likely  to   sling his hook in the early new year .... which should leave some egg on the faces  of those  now mooting him for the award !! LOL

Well I can only go on what I have seen in the relatively few games ive attended, and in those Safri has been a class above. However if I had been to every game my opinion may be different.

Definitely Doc for me - now he''s playing on right side (his weaker games were all left-side CH) he wins every ball in the air, tackles solid, and is Mister Reliable. Even Flem played well alongside him yesterday, and Davenport was hardly missed. Player of the Month for last 3 months says it all.

It is early but half teh season has gone so we should be able to identify likely candidates surely?   Saffers has been inspirational when on the pitch and doc has been the model of consisency when n the right side of defence.  Those two stand out with probably ashton or green in third spot - which tells you everything about our season so far.

OTBC 

i''d agree with doherty. like previously said, he is a real success story this season. and going on who has won the most MOTM, surely he is way ahead?

I personally think its to early to say, but 1 thing is for certain, the Doc will be there or there abouts, because don''t forget, the club take into account the number of player of the month awards a player wins, and that contributes to a players overall total at the end of the season. The Docs total currenly stands at 3.

As I said I have missed most of the games, but the ones I went to earlier in the season everyone was criticizing doc! Including several people on here, whats changed? Is it just confidence? If he has been putting in performances like on saturday every week then good on him, and he would be a contender.