When they say the season ticket sales ‘just misses the 12000 mark’, they mean by about 10352, right?

Looks like they have lost most of the goodwill their new super hero PL had built. They describe under 12000 as massive support lol

15 minutes ago, Well b back said:

They describe under 12000 as massive support lol

TBF its not bad for league one, not as good as us or Sunderland but not bad.

I bet that figure includes anyone who has not yet cancelled their direct debit so will go down rather than up.

To be honest though just missing out on the 12K is the best result for the sc*m financially, not that their fans who are bleating about how Evans should give them a discount anyway realise that. They should look no further than our "rebate" to see how a few hundred grand can make all the difference at that level. No rebate = no Holt. The irony of their fans moaning about not getting a discount whereas our fans donated money to the club to fund the signing of Holty is not lost here. You get what you deserve. 

49 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Looks like they have lost most of the goodwill their new super hero PL had built. They describe under 12000 as massive support lol

a mouse with a hernia appliance has a bigger support 😜

41 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I think the opposite.

They have literally swallowed the whole PL public relations exercise and having built an understrength Leeds in the final game it has boosted their STs to 11 -12,000 odd. Despite them being dirt cheap.

However, they have no money to spend and it will be a summer of discontent down there as far as transfers go. They would be better off actually supporting their team during the first 10 games at least and not (when the going gets tough) start bringing out the icons of the 60s and 70s, as is their default down there.

Lambert to be gone by the new year is my predicament. 

However, who really gives two fu4k5 about them? Probably the most underperforming, boring and predictable long ball team in the top 3 leagues!

Crackpot idea. More complicated than Line of Duty and, for a club losing millions in television money next season would surely have been seen as shooting one's self in the foot should there have been sufficient numbers to bite.

I got the impression that the whole nonsense was pushed through at Lambert's insistence, with Evans biting his tongue as he got out his card reader to assess the standing of his bank account and giving way aware of the former's reputation for jumping ship at the slightest whim. PL has schemed himself into a situation where, by getting the fan's on his side, he can now rule the roost. 

It will be interesting to see just for how long Marcus Evans holds his nerve next season, if he has to. It is highly likely to be a frustrating one for the binners, imo, and any talk of storming that league is surely rather premature in view of the obvious squad, financial and managerial limitations at the club.

46 minutes ago, East Rider said:

I think the opposite.

They have literally swallowed the whole PL public relations exercise and having built an understrength Leeds in the final game it has boosted their STs to 11 -12,000 odd. Despite them being dirt cheap.

However, they have no money to spend and it will be a summer of discontent down there as far as transfers go. They would be better off actually supporting their team during the first 10 games at least and not (when the going gets tough) start bringing out the icons of the 60s and 70s, as is their default down there.

Lambert to be gone by the new year is my predicament. 

However, who really gives two fu4k5 about them? Probably the most underperforming, boring and predictable long ball team in the top 3 leagues!

The comments on the article seem to indicate a bit different with some noting that this announcement has been made prior to the 1st direct debit being taken and most slamming the decision.

The figures as quoted elsewhere are

"10,000 x £381 = £3,810,000
11,748 x £333 = £3,912,084 "

which suggests that lowering the price does not necessarily equate to a higher overall take, and there is also a suggestion that these figures assume all previous ST holders will renew

this is the problem for us whereby some seem to imagine that while increasing the seats the prices will stay the same - they don't

there is always an optimum figure that is achieved by supply divided by demand (cross price elasticity to the wise)

and in the pauper's case they will need casual tickets to hold up at last years price and numbers to simply stay where they are as far as ticket income goes

however this seasons total ticket income will reflect exceptional high away support as with us and Leeds plus bigger Championship clubs bringing a 1000 plus fans..... can you see the likes of Accrington, Fleetwood and Rochdale doing that ?

"Lee O'Neil, the General Manager of Football Operations at Ipswich Town said

"There’s a large amount of money that is going to be lost going into League One,"

"Nearly £9 million, which is a large amount of money "

Especially off a previous budget of £17m, I think this certainly merits an...

oh dear

Luckily they have other threads that are giving them some solace, such as the one about where are they in the all time UEFA rankings for European competitions and the one about their local rivals bus breaking down during their parade celebrating their promotion to the Premier League, great times to be an Ipswich (R) fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was amused by the following misguided TWTD gem on us letting Pukki go before the start of the Prem season:

I would imagine the most likely scenario under which he leaves is that Norwich decide he is unlikely to be good enough and someone like Derby offer big money for him in the Championship rather like was the case with Rhodes several times.”

Edited by Grando

This tickled me, where has this guy been for the past ten years to think this is even the remotest possibility?

The conveyor belt of gullibility never stops moving does it?

image.png.39db567bf9d8b88895151beaa29395ad.png

4 hours ago, Bill said:

The figures as quoted elsewhere are

"10,000 x £381 = £3,810,000
11,748 x £333 = £3,912,084 "

which suggests that lowering the price does not necessarily equate to a higher overall take, and there is also a suggestion that these figures assume all previous ST holders will renew

this is the problem for us whereby some seem to imagine that while increasing the seats the prices will stay the same - they don't

Good figures Bill, I was trying to work it out in my head. While it may not make extra money through ticket sales, the agenda appears to be to increase attendances creating a fortress at PR.

Of course, they won't be discounting merchandising or food and drink which they get a cut from, so money to be made there.

It all seems like very small beer but we're talking 1p5wich, in League One, everything else has been sold, and they have to finance a 95 million pound debt. 

The ground, while adequate, and the pitch, will at some point need maintenance if not a complete upgrade, again, not cheap, whether these longer term costs are even being considered is open to question.

If Lambert manages to turn this around, get them promoted (twice) clear the debt and put them on a secure financial footing, he'll deserve a statue. Frankly even Guardiola would struggle with that. 

If you look at their figures for merchandising/drink sales etc they don't amount to that much in the grand scheme of things, so any extra there will hardly add much.

General maintenance on the stadium and pitch seesm to be getting deferred year on year which suggests Evans is not investing for the long term but merely keeping the club's head (just) above water

And given that the talk is off maybe a couple of players coming in to perhaps add 'muscle' to the youngsters expected to be the mainstay I would doubt if their attendances will hold if they are not around the top four.

Their budget is projected as being almost half of what it was the season just ended. And they do not have the £8m or so (?) transfer income they had last summer from the sale of three players.

They will need to cut back drastically to cover the loss of up to £9m in income. The dimwitted farmhands don;t seem to have grasped the magnitude of the plight...imagining that with a few ST's sold they will now achieve success, at last, by storming L1.

As a betting man I would put my money on old  mother hubbard rustling up a three course meal from her cupboard then I would the paupers getting promoted next season

• Like 1

The thing in their favour is that they do have a good U23s side. If he can find a couple of strikers they will probably be there or thereabouts next season even with cuts. As with us, going down does them a favour in a way as it provides an excuse to clear out all the dead wood. 

the thing not in their favour in comparison with us is that we had Martin and Hoolahan and signed Holt meaning we had the firepower to win any game by outscoring the oppo. They don’t have that at the moment and create very little.