Sign in to follow this  
Saint David

Predictions for Saints Match?

I think you''ll beat us 1-0 or 2-0, David. We''ve lost Davenport (back to Spurs after his loan) and the carthorse that is Craig Fleming is replacing him. he hates to play against pace, so our back four will spend 90 minutes familiarising themselves with the 18-yard line. Cue loads of pressure, with a goal or two coming in the final quarter of the game.

Please give us your secret on how to make your Manager walk away from the Club - PLEASE!!!! 

Have to agree with LinkNR9 I am afraid.  We have been here so many times this season with statements like ''all we need is a win to get our season started'' and then when we get the win what has happened.  The pace of the Saints front line will undoubtedly undo our rear guard and can see our defence sitting on the 18 yard line in order to not have to run that far to catch them hence telling the Saints to come at us creating tons of pressure.

Safri has a big role tomorrow protecting the back line and making accurate passes. Let''s hope he is fit and raring to go as he might just make the difference to a team sitting back.

Depends which team turn up, there are several players who need to prove a point, a few others who owe a good performance and two or three (on loan) who must surely be playng for their very future.Difficult to call, the best outcome would be a 4-0 thrashing follwed by NWs departure.But im going to stay positive and go for a 2-1 win with Huckerby at the hub of it.And who knows a Dean Ashton goal could transform the whole season.

I reckon there''ll be a few hundred + whatever Saint''s fans bring supporting Saints, and the rest supporting Norwich. Several of our fans are now supporting the opposition and would prefer to see us lose. I think they''d like Bassett to be our manager because then we''d sell no one, every signing would be a huge success and every player would play in the same position all season without getting injured. So, watch out because some of our fans will be after him (well, anyone really, they don''t have to be a good manager, they just want change.)

Me, I think our players will be up for this one thankfully and we''ll win, narrowly. I''ll be hoping for a win anyway, and supporting the team from the Barclay.

I find it hard to beleive you can defend the standard of football we are producing this year.  We have possibly the best striker we have had at this club since Bellamy and we can''yt even create chances for him - A disgrace..

I can understand why you still back worthy and i hope he turns it round..  But this season he has looked lost, uninspired, lacking any ideas so what does he do???   signs another clogger

I doubt worthy is a particuarly intelligent man and we will ever see him at a premiership club again.

As i have said the biggest worry is where the ashton money will go...

PR, from what I can see on this thread nobody is defending the standard of football we have produced this year. Simply trying to remain hopeful in the cr*ppy position we are in. And I think that you know as well as I do that even if we get beaten tomorrow Worthington won''t be going so it makes no sense to hope for anything other than an improved performance and 3 pts. Having said that, in answer to your question SD, I reckon it will be a draw unless your frontline starts to overrun our pretty sketchy ''new look'' defence or, fingers crossed, Hucks and Mcveigh get it together in providing us with some intelligent attacking flair.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

I find it hard to beleive you can defend the standard of football we are producing this year.  We have possibly the best striker we have had at this club since Bellamy and we can''yt even create chances for him - A disgrace..

[/quote]

Wrong. He''s had at least a dozen good chances, but hasn''t scored. He''s not quite on song, that''s all.

Regarding the result - if we play as we did against Man Utd last season, (no reason we can''t) we''ll thrash you 5-0. If we play like we did against Wolves it''ll be 0-5.

For me, it will depend on how many goals we leak in the first 10-15 mins.

If it''s only one then we''ll go on to win 2-1.

If it''s more than one we''ll be at the end of a heavy thumping.

In short - impossible to predict as who knows what team will turn up for each half!

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[/quote]

Wrong. He''s had at least a dozen good chances, but hasn''t scored. He''s not quite on song, that''s all.

[/quote]

CRAP - in the last four matches

millwall

At the other end Norwich were stringing plenty of promising looking attacks together, especially down the left flank, but there was precious little end product with the front two of Dean Ashton and Peter Thorne being largely starved of service.  Ashton sent a glancing header just wide from a Darren Huckerby cross on 14 minutes.

coventry

Three minutes later and Henderson swept an inviting cross into the danger zone where it was met by Ashton whose first-time shot flew narrowly over.

derby

Norwich City had so far only been spectators in the game with Ashton and Thorne living off scraps up front,

On 43 minutes City made a breakaway of their own and Ashton found himself with enough space and time to get off a left footed shot which derby keeper Lee Camp did well to save, diving to his left.
On 72 minutes Ashton had a shot blocked by man of the match defender Davies. The Norwich City faithful appealed for handball but nothing was forthcoming.

Crewe

Ashton was again making a nuisance of himself after four minutes trying an audacious left-footed shot from the edge of the area.

With the home side’s defence backing off Ashton had time and space inside the area to curl a shot which looked destined for the right-hand corner but unfortunately Turnbull again came up trumps to deny the City striker.

Yeah shed loads of chances and that was against 4 of the worsth teams in the division.....   I hate to say it but we are crap at the moment

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]For me, it will depend on how many goals we leak in the first 10-15 mins.

If it''s only one then we''ll go on to win 2-1.

If it''s more than one we''ll be at the end of a heavy thumping.

In short - impossible to predict as who knows what team will turn up for each half!

[/quote]

Its important we start well and score the first goal - so crucial toa reinforce a clearly fragile confidence.  Fingers crossed we can do it - Etuhu to score...

OTBC

First goal could well decide this - we have not lost from being infront this season ( not sure if we''ve been in front to often) but have come back from behind three times.

Shows what little character we have in the side doesn''t it?

Hence the reason why so few want Worthy out

Prediction 1-1

[quote user="james1966"]Depends which team turn up, there are several players who need to prove a point, a few others who owe a good performance and two or three (on loan) who must surely be playng for their very future.Difficult to call, the best outcome would be a 4-0 thrashing follwed by NWs departure.But im going to stay positive and go for a 2-1 win with Huckerby at the hub of it.And who knows a Dean Ashton goal could transform the whole season.[/quote]

Well not too far off was it.

Yes Dave Basset he really is that quick!