Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Parking tickets from stoke

Anybody else had one for parking at the harvester? Both me and my mate paid for match day parking just before 1 and then left straight after the game. Both of us have now had parking tickets for ‘exceeding the maximum time’ or some ****. Not a chance am I paying it when I paid for parking and displayed the ticket correctly.

If you have received a 'parking charge notice' from a private company then .....

The first thing to do is to check the company behind the charge is a member of an accredited trade association - such the British Parking Association (BPA) or International Parking Community (IPC).

If they are they can ask the DVLA for your details meaning they can take you to court.

According to Citizens Advice companies not part of a trade association can only take you to court if you get in touch with them.

If the company is part of a trade association then it is recommended that you write to them directly - this is called an 'informal appeal'.

In this letter you must include any evidence you have, such as:

• A valid parking ticket
  • Pictures of signs that are hard to see or are misleading
  • A letter from someone who was with you explaining what happened

If the company rejects this informal appeal then you can submit a formal appeal to an independent regulator.

If the company is a BPA member then you have to appeal through Parking on Private Land

Appeals (POPLA). If they are with the IPC then you have to go through the Independent Appeals Service.

Appeals through POPLA can take up to 28 days while appeals through the appeals service can take up to 21 days.

Thanks Bill - the appeal process is outlined on the notice. Whole thing is ludicrous - I paid for match day parking, and then they are trying to fine me for parking for the duration of the match Ridiculius. Like I say, they aren't getting a penny from me!

4 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Thanks Bill - the appeal process is outlined on the notice. Whole thing is ludicrous - I paid for match day parking, and then they are trying to fine me for parking for the duration of the match Ridiculius. Like I say, they aren't getting a penny from me!

I shoud imagine this has come from a camera...registration number recognition, which is a bit bizarre as it was pay and display I assume.

A bit of a bind but I would advise appealing with evidence, but firstly contacting the manager at the Harvester and ask him to sort it out...as that is what the local paper has said you have to do before they will run the story ! ahem

let him do the running about, that's what he is paid for.

ps I hope no one from Norfolk didn't get caught out by thinking it was a combine harvester parking 😆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Was he the brother of biggus dickus?

in this weather ?

• Haha 1

If it is a private company then check whether it is a summons or an invoice that they have sent.

I have had an invoice made to look like a summons from a private parking company which I returned to them writing NO CONTRACT on it and heard nothing more from them since.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Wel, I don't like reading a forum where people are abusive for the sake of it. Simples. Too much of it around on social media and I don't like seeing it on here. 

I may've misconstrued  KIOs message Lakey but I don't think he wanted or needed a reply. 🤦‍♂️

image.png.d39673d7e8b4fe0eb44f43920d72a67c.png

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Wel, I don't like reading a forum where people are abusive for the sake of it. Simples. Too much of it around on social media and I don't like seeing it on here. 

I'm far more offended by grown adults saying 'simples' than any language the OP used.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I may've misconstrued  KIOs message Lakey but I don't think he wanted or needed a reply.

Yeah I mean KIO wasn't very clear but I think he was subtly trying to suggest a lack of interest in what Lakey has to say....

• Haha 1

Just now, hogesar said:

Yeah I mean KIO wasn't very clear but I think he was subtly trying to suggest a lack of interest in what Lakey has to say....

Lakey is such a part of this MB, it's a shame to be harsh  but if he sees a scab, he has to keep picking it.

I'm quite fond of LDC, but he does have a grating effect on some. He is what is known over here as a 'Contrary Mary'. Which is fine, as long as you accept that he WILL NOT back down. For those that he upsets,  we have the ignore button.

The upshot is that, in order for the PCN to be enforceable, they would have to prove that you knowingly and willingly entered into a legally binding contract to pay whatever amount they are trying to charge you. If you could reasonably expect to have known that you were overstaying a clearly displayed time limit or something similar then you might lose if taken to court, otherwise a judge would be unlikely to find against you. The fact that you paid on entrance should supersede any small print on signs, but it is worth telling them that you contest the charge for the obvious reasons noted, just in case it ever goes to court. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I may've misconstrued  KIOs message Lakey but I don't think he wanted or needed a reply. 🤦‍♂️

Just explaining myself to anyone who looks in.  I like Stoke as a place, have friends who live there and have had some great chats with Stoke fans too over the years, so I don't like seeing someone shout their mouth off about a place just because of a parking ticket.

Oh...I see the op has been edited. Well done to kio, unless it was edited for you.......

17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Just explaining myself to anyone who looks in.  I like Stoke as a place, have friends who live there and have had some great chats with Stoke fans too over the years, so I don't like seeing someone shout their mouth off about a place just because of a parking ticket.

Oh...I see the op has been edited. Well done to kio, unless it was edited for you.......

The whole thread seems different. I can't see your 'simples' post now either.

Hi

I read on social that Harvester is aware of this, and have had the tickets canceled.
The Suggestion was to call the Harvester (think the guy was called Neil) who has been busy with the calls all day, and get it confirmed over the phone

• Like 1

It's the modern world, there's no point getting hot under the collar about it.  I had a parking ticket recently from a hotel despite having filled in my reg no when I checked in, I had to phone up and get it cancelled.

I also got hit with one at the Boro game, which shows that parking next to locals doesn't guarantee it's safe to park there.  For that one I coughed up the £60 because it was probably valid and I didn't have the time to scrap about it.  Plus it was worth it to be there for the win !

5 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

this is best advice, DO NOT ignore the ticket

post and ask any questions in this thread on MSE, there are some experts on there

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Edited by city4eva

1 minute ago, city4eva said:

this is best advice, DO NOT ignore the ticket

No intention of ignoring it. I’ve already contacted to explain that it is wrong and I will not be paying it, in no uncertain terms!

Edited by kick it off

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

No intention of ignoring it. I’ve already contacted to explain that it is wrong and I will not be paying it, in no uncertain terms!

that prob wasnt the best thing to do altho i am no expert, but its best not to say who  the driver was, i have added another link, there really is some top advice on there

2 minutes ago, city4eva said:

that prob wasnt the best thing to do altho i am no expert, but its best not to say who  the driver was, i have added another link, there really is some top advice on there

There’s no way it would stand up if they pursue it, and it sounds like they’ve already realised these have been sent in error. I’m not concerned. I’d imagine they have it on cctv anyway.

Edited by kick it off

To be fair to KIO, Stoke is a complete s hithole.

Glad you managed to sort your fine. I’m always really paranoid when I park on any street and desperately look for any signs 😂. So far, so lucky.