Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Interesting Table

West Brom were nailed on 4th by the looks of it!

51 minutes ago, Bill said:

weird-coffee-table-weird-coffee-table-fu

You wouldn't want to sit too close to the corners.

1 hour ago, Daz Sparks said:

image.thumb.png.7bd09eaf8abdfa8b05a22793ba71d88f.png

Proof it were ever needed that teams very quickly gravitate to near enough the position that they will finish in.

I had a look at the table after a third of the season and most finished very close to where they were then. The big exceptions were Villa and Hull who both had exceptional runs after a poor start.

I especially like how our 20 days in 17th place are our third most (after 1st and 2nd). Also of note is how Sheffield Utd spent just 80 days in the top 2 compared to 186 for Leeds. Boro' nearly matched this with 77 and only spent 38 days outside the top 6.

I like the fact that Leeds spent more time in the top 2 than any other club!! Just not when it mattered!

And basically once once we got to the top, from then on we spent most of our time in top spot 😎

It also highlights how Middlesborough blew being in the playoffs. Shame, as they play such an attractive brand of football...

That was a very confident season from Ipswich.
They firmly stood their ground and made 24th spot theirs.

4 hours ago, Petriix said:

I especially like how our 20 days in 17th place are our third most (after 1st and 2nd). Also of note is how Sheffield Utd spent just 80 days in the top 2 compared to 186 for Leeds. Boro' nearly matched this with 77 and only spent 38 days outside the top 6.

Maybe we were 17th during the International break, that would account for 14 days. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only day Leeds were tenth would've been the Friday night the season started and the only time they were 17th was the following day. They didn't play their first game until the Sunday, which they won to go second: and never dropped out of the top five since.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

8 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only day Leeds were tenth would've been the Friday night the season started and the only time they were 17th was the following day. They didn't play their first game until the Sunday, which they won to go second: and never dropped out of the top five since.

But they are not bottlers - it's all a conspiracy. 😂

I heard a rumour Bielsa is going to ask for a 40 game season next year.

• Like 1