Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

Lets be honest...

Not just Farke, some were calling for the board, the sporting director as well as DF to go because they would never sort the club out.

I wonder if they still think it needs sorting out.......

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Not just Farke, some were calling for the board, the sporting director as well as DF to go because they would never sort the club out.

I wonder if they still think it needs sorting out.......

Fair comment!! After the Leeds game I thought it was time up! I'm happy to eat my words, DF has done an amazing job and realised pukki was the striker and not a man in the hole 

I said we'd win the league with 94 points. I'm just trying to locate the evidence... 😕

Edited by Fuzzar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was always pretty consistent in wanting to keep him. My dad wanted rid of him early doors this season and I almost got poisoned with it but the furthest I shifted was to sit on the fence.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

Boring now. Let’s just recognise that some    supporters got it right and some got it wrong.

• Like 4

Similar for me.

i was desperate for it to work as I liked him.  He was different and not the same old names chucked about . I never did like AN even after winning at Wembley, I just couldn’t warm to him.

i got worried he was going to fail when he kept rolling out the stats of % of this and that .

i so look forward to watching him trying to suss out the PL  .

Tbh I don’t think there is necessarily a straightforward right and wrong in these things - there’s often fine lines between success (eg late winning goals) and failure.  Sometimes giving a guy time proves right, sometimes not....

...but I never thought we should get shot🙂

I was very much a supporter of the new football philosophy last season but felt we had too poor a squad. I was not entirely pleased with the summer recruitment but prepared to give the players the benefit of the doubt at the start of the season. After the West Brom game I was convinced that the club was going backwards: we were still making the same mistakes as last season, missing chances, failing to do the basics of tracking opponents or maintaining a good defensive shape etc and our transition play was still woefully slow and predictable. After the Ipswich draw I did suggest tha Daniel might need to Farke off. Happy to admit I was wrong.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I was very much a supporter of the new football philosophy last season but felt we had too poor a squad. I was not entirely pleased with the summer recruitment but prepared to give the players the benefit of the doubt at the start of the season. After the West Brom game I was convinced that the club was going backwards: we were still making the same mistakes as last season, missing chances, failing to do the basics of tracking opponents or maintaining a good defensive shape etc and our transition play was still woefully slow and predictable. After the Ipswich draw I did suggest tha Daniel might need to Farke off. Happy to admit I was wrong.

I said all along that Farke was brilliant . I also predicted we would get exactly 94 points , win the league and The Binners would be relegated . Before a ball was kicked . End of. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

Who called for Farkes head earlier in the season?

TIL 1010, did.

I was never in any doubt.

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I said all along that Farke was brilliant . I also predicted we would get exactly 94 points , win the league and The Binners would be relegated . Before a ball was kicked . End of. 

Well f*ck me backwards with a bicycle pump! You to? I thought I was the only one.

OTBC

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Petriix said:

This.

• Like 1

We all see things so differently because I thought we were really good in that WBA game. We hit a standard that we didn't beat many times at home. Far better than Forest which we celebrate for the last few minutes. But of course we lost. 

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

We all see things so differently because I thought we were really good in that WBA game. We hit a standard that we didn't beat many times at home. Far better than Forest which we celebrate for the last few minutes. But of course we lost. 

Absolutely Nutty. I came away from that game saying that if we kept playing like that this season we'd be fine. I couldn't really believe that we'd lost we'd dominated the game so much - and that against a team which had been in the Premier League the season before and had kept it's squad together. 

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

We were ‘really good’ for a lot of last season too, apart from where it actually counts (scoring, winning, clean sheets etc.). Our issues were pretty much captured in the microcosm of that game with the way we conceded and the chances we missed.

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I agree that large swathes of this game were very encouraging and we missed a penalty and Krul dropper a clanger but while the attacking play was great we were defensively all over the place. Last season Farke had the same issue: look good going forward, useless in defense or look solid defensively with a toothless attack. It was the imbalance that he managed to balance after that dreadful August. He got the team selections right and it clicked to showcase what his philosophy was all about.

If you saw that in the WBA game well done. I didn't. I only saw the same issues we had last season with our negative goal difference and low points tally. I was wrong and so very happy about it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Petriix said:

We were ‘really good’ for a lot of last season too, apart from where it actually counts (scoring, winning, clean sheets etc.). Our issues were pretty much captured in the microcosm of that game with the way we conceded and the chances we missed.

That's pretty much the story of this season though. It's just as the confidence grew we mostly found a way to win by the odd goal. 

I doubt we'll see another season like this one. It was amazing🙃

• Like 1

There would've been no point sacking him after the Ipswich game. Last season was purely a season of transition to lay the ground work for this one, so for that reason he had to be given the entire season unless we were in a relegation battle, when needs must.

Did I want Farke out after the Ipswich game? Not for a minute. But honestly, did I expect us to even challenge for a playoff place? Also no. But there was no point wasting an entire season setting things up (2017/18) to then abandon this project before it was given a chance.

6 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I wanted him sacked early on. Do you get a special prize if you backed him all the way?! 

No I posted this to see what people thought from early on and see how many people felt he wasnt the man.. I can get a special prize if you really want

2 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Who called for Farkes head earlier in the season?

Not me. I had just accepted that we'd be a mid-table side, given our finances and having to sell Madison etc. I didn't think that they'd be anyone better than Farke out there willing to jump in and I didn't think that there was a multi-millionaire waiting to through uch of their cash at Norwich any time soon either !

• Like 1

I never wanted him out, I also didn't predict this........ but......

.....Meh.... time to leave it alone now, EVERY city fan knows Farke is awesome now.

• Like 2

I was very confused...as we started the season badly...I thought we had a chance to be a play off contender...but I was not convinced. Then after a few games I admit that I was losing the faith a bit...(to put it rather mildly...)

Yet I did not think that booting out Farke was the remedy...

There is only one Daniel Farke...!

I never wanted him out and was always happy to give him this season to see if we continued moving in the right direction. Never in my wildest dreams, and I have some very wild dreams I can tell you, did I expect such a wonderful fantastic season as this one. 

Oh god are we doing this again?

Would have been happy for him to go towards the end of last season, thought he had earned more time after Leeds at home this season.

Shall we do one on who thought we should keep Alex Neil next?

I was sat with Glenn Roeder at Newmarket Racecourse the day we lost to Leeds,

I'll hold my hands up, I'd have swapped Daniel for Glenn at that point.

• Haha 1

I've got to admit I wasn't sure we were anywhere near the play offs after letting Maddison, Pritchard and Murphy leave whilst replacing him with some nobody called Teemu. All worked out okay though!

14 hours ago, Petriix said:

Very much this but it was after the 3-0 loss to Leeds for me. 

I was happy to continue with Webber and the board and I though we were heading in the right direction offt he pitch. I just though tactically we were not progressing.