I can't help but smile when I read comments on various sites where geniuses tell us Norwich will be straight back down. 

Statistically, it is likely and I hate losing multiple games but beyond that I know Norwich City will not be burdened with disinterested prima donnas on crippling wages and will be in a good position to go again in The Championship. 

And money and media exposure aside there is more to enjoy in the Championship than the EPL outside of the top 8 clubs.

We are not going to win the EPL but just look at today's occasion. Money aside how much fun has it been following say, Southampton in recent years. 

There are so many games in the Championship and so many famous clubs. It is a supporters league. 

And so,  there is no fear in relegation. The only fear is in failing to be true to ourselves or in not doing ourselves justice. 

We can go into the 2019/20 EPL season and enjoy ourselves. We have an identity and an ethos. We will continue building strong club foundations and if we lose players we will get a proper recompense. 

We have defensive weaknesses and this season overcame them by more attacking to preoccupy the opposition. We will need to evolve. Crucially, we need Buendia for most of the games as his link play and play in tight marking situations is the difference. 

Just have a go. Never Mind the Danger. And who knows, our qualities might just spring a few surprises. 

• Like 4

Can't argue with much of that, tbh I dislike the Premiership intensely, it's killing football as a sport, it's just a money League the top six have most of it.

It's like a game of monopoly, where you start with nothing and your opponent has hotels on Park Lane and Mayfair. 

Still, I know that we have to be there, I just enjoy the journey more than the destination. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Ramrod said:

I can't help but smile when I read comments on various sites where geniuses tell us Norwich will be straight back down. 

Statistically, it is likely and I hate losing multiple games but beyond that I know Norwich City will not be burdened with disinterested prima donnas on crippling wages and will be in a good position to go again in The Championship. 

And money and media exposure aside there is more to enjoy in the Championship than the EPL outside of the top 8 clubs.

We are not going to win the EPL but just look at today's occasion. Money aside how much fun has it been following say, Southampton in recent years. 

There are so many games in the Championship and so many famous clubs. It is a supporters league. 

And so,  there is no fear in relegation. The only fear is in failing to be true to ourselves or in not doing ourselves justice. 

We can go into the 2019/20 EPL season and enjoy ourselves. We have an identity and an ethos. We will continue building strong club foundations and if we lose players we will get a proper recompense. 

We have defensive weaknesses and this season overcame them by more attacking to preoccupy the opposition. We will need to evolve. Crucially, we need Buendia for most of the games as his link play and play in tight marking situations is the difference. 

Just have a go. Never Mind the Danger. And who knows, our qualities might just spring a few surprises. 

Agreed Ramrod, good post, I hope we play without fear and we keep the core of our young players (I have a suspicion we may lose Ben or Max in the January window, I hope I'm wrong). We will keep the majority of the rest of the squad, and as such relegation should hold no fear either.

I agree we have nothing to fear. We have great technical players who should be capable of stepping up and I look forward to seeing us do so.

the encouraging thing is that too me our defensive weaknesses are fairly obvious and also ought to be fixable on the training ground rather than requiring us to spend lots of money. 

The slight worry though is they are issues that have dogged us for two seasons really and whilst in the mid section of this season we tightened up a bit, Farke has not yet fixed them. 

Agreed Jim , they need working on and I think we will be signing (a) player(s) to further adres these problems. Both Farke and Webber alluded to the fact that we actually got promoted ahead of schedule...ie the transfer periods needed to get everything in place.
We don't have anything to fear and we will have a right old go at it, I am sure! 

If Burnley and Brighton can take root then we definitely can ... and nearly did in our Lambert/Hughton era.

Nothing to fear.

The lads will give it their all.

Enjoy the rollercoaster!

• Like 1