Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Thank you Nigel and the Boys

Despite my veiw''s on Worthy, credit where credit is due.  I have to offer him a big thank you for giving me the office bragging rights over my Saint''s supporting coleugues for at least 8 months!

Seriously though I have clocked up 4,800 miles travelling to home games this year and more for the away games but Saturday, despite my fears it was well worth it.  The best I have seen City play for a long time.

Have to agree with you Saint.  It was the best game all season, simply due to playing to our strengths and supplying Ashton with crosses.  It still could be better, Deano getting more balls to feet through the middle, but a huge improvement on hit and hope.  Also, McVeigh was great, where has he been all season?  Despite Deano''s hat trick, my man of the match was Safri, some sublime passing in centre midfield and also ball winning duties not neglected.  I fear we will miss him badly while he is away - some of his passing on Saturday reminded me of Crook, a long time since we have had someone this capable in midfield.  Why, oh why wasn''t he used more last season.

We have to build on this performance and enhance it, by starting from minute one, not waiting for the opposition to score first.  Would be nice also to see some fluid attacking football away from home too.