Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Sky Sports News

Headlines - Frank Lampard’s Derby clinch sixth place !

Oh and by the way Norwich City are Champions

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Headlines - Frank Lampard’s Derby clinch sixth place !

Oh and by the way Norwich City are Champions

It was the same on the Beeb. Both are now planning their acres of airspace devoted to FLDC & JTAV.

I hate Derby but sky sports have given us plenty of recognition today

BBC sport headlines, no mention of us winning the title but FLDC get a Playoff place.

I’m not really fussed, though it’s a little strange that the Derby news supersedes the ultimate prize in the Championship - the League title!

FB803CC4-70DF-42F1-876F-455EC2DE1B30.png

We must be on last so that can show the troops presentation as a wrap up to their coverage 

To be fair, the news story on the Championship today is who has made the play-offs, since the automatic places were decided a week ago. And even so we are the main story on the Beeb's Championship page.

20 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

To be fair, the news story on the Championship today is who has made the play-offs, since the automatic places were decided a week ago. And even so we are the main story on the Beeb's Championship page.

Agreed. Outside of Norwich and Sheffield, nobody really cares who comes first or second and nobody will remember this time next year anyway. For example, when we won the Playoffs in 2015, Watford and Bournemouth were the top two but I can't remember the order.

The main story from a national point of view was the last playoff place. There's no need for us to have a chip on our shoulder because we're just little ol' Norwich.

Also agree with the above. The main story would have been Middlesbrough or Bristol making the playoffs as much as Derby. With relegation and automatic promotion already decided, it was the main thing left undecided, the title whilst nice and fitting, doesn't really matter.

Who cares  ? been like this with the media since iv'e been following the club (1971) we have done it,in style and we are happy,job done,lets enjoy today as i am with a few Stella,s 

6 minutes ago, yellow 63 said:

Who cares  ? been like this with the media since iv'e been following the club (1971) we have done it,in style and we are happy,job done,lets enjoy today as i am with a few Stella,s 

Me also 😂