Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Sheffield Utd congratulating us πŸ‘

Takes a bit of class to do that after the disappointment of missing out on the trophy on the last day, so fair play to them πŸ‘. They can be proud of their performances this season too, and I’m pleased it was us two that went up and not the most overrated team in the league, Leeds... talking of which, you will see nothing on WACCOE even mentioning the battle for the title, but then I guess that’s what you get when you lose to 10 man Ip****e πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/congratulations-norwich.72090/

They were relentless all season and stayed strong when Leeds fell apart.

totally deserve their promotion.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

They were relentless all season and stayed strong when Leeds fell apart.

totally deserve their promotion.

Totally agree, Ricky. Massive part of being a quality side is having necessary composure when you need to get towards the line. We managed it, Sheff Utd too. And that’s why we’re the top 2 teams in the league. I don’t care what anyone says, Sheff Utd and us were the standout sides - Leeds a playoff team. I really think Villa will take the Playoffs, and after the way they graciously carried themselves towards us today, I hope they do it πŸ‘

You've got to give Wilder a lot of credit, getting 10 points from their last four games after being in this position. I still can't get over how Leeds imploded though (1 point from 4 games, losses to Wigan , Brentford and Ipswich)

image.png.5a411835ff7b967f9fe9ca3d00deb7a7.png

Β 
Β 
Β 
20 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

You've got to give Wilder a lot of credit, getting 10 points from their last four games after being in this position. I still can't get over how Leeds imploded though (1 point from 4 games, losses to Wigan , Brentford and Ipswich)

image.png.5a411835ff7b967f9fe9ca3d00deb7a7.png

I didn't have you pegged as new to this football lark IS!

One of their posters saying that farkes interaction with the crowd after our games was cringe.Β  I don't agree with that at all.Β 

Billy Sharp's sock puppet celebration was probably up there with one of the cringiest things I've seen in football.Β 

Having said that, both us and Sheffield United fully deserve promotion.Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Chelm Canary

6 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

One of their posters saying that farkes interaction with the crowd after our games was cringe.Β  I don't agree with that at all.Β 

Billy Sharp's sock puppet celebration was probably up there with one of the cringiest things I've seen in football.Β 

Having said that, both us and Sheffield United fully deserve promotion.Β 

Β 

Β 

I think it’s more that the poster doesn’t realise this is how German managers celebrate with the supporters. It’s not specific to Farke, Klopp does this in England too.

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Someone has just said that Paul Warne has sung OTBC whilst being interviewed for radio

The things people will do for a job in football......Β 

Wilder's done a superb job there. And in the midst of our celebrations I would spare a thought for Bolton fans. Through no fault of theirs they face a very uncertain future. At best relegation to League One, with the distinct chance of a large points penalty that could see them drop another division, and at worst the future of the club in doubt.

• Like 1

Out of all the visiting teams to Carrow Rd this I think I was more impressed by Sheff Utd than any of the others. When questions were asked of them they answered them, and over the course of the season thoroughly deserve their promotion.

Tbh I'm not sure who I hate more out of Leeds and Ipswich so quite fitting they are where they are. Leeds have a made a late charge for the play-offsΒ and must be low on confidence now and can only hope that Derby choke to even get to the final.

Sheff Utd and Wilder have done a remarkable job but I was listening to a ridiculous debate on Talksport about who has done the most impressive job this season. The answer is Farke by some distance by any logical measure.Β 

We finished 1st, they finished 2nd, we were 5 points better. They climbed 8 places on last year's position, we climbed a gargantuan 13.Β  They finished 9 points ahead of us last year, which means there has been a huge 14 point swing in our favour. We spent less and sold more.Β 

There is no contest, not even close to their being one, but only Adrian Durham was in Farke's corner, the other "pundits" all argued for Wilder. Jingoism.Β 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Out of all the visiting teams to Carrow Rd this I think I was more impressed by Sheff Utd than any of the others. When questions were asked of them they answered them, and over the course of the season thoroughly deserve their promotion.

Tbh I'm not sure who I hate more out of Leeds and Ipswich so quite fitting they are where they are. Leeds have a made a late charge for the play-offsΒ and must be low on confidence now and can only hope that Derby choke to even get to the final.

I'd have to say Leeds at CR.

I knew we were going to lose before we'd even kicked a ball. I predicted a 3-1 loss, so wasn't that far out. At the time, they were just much better than us.Β 

Yep, congrats to the Blades for promotion, well deserved. Aside from us, also the most consistent in the division, playing good football to. Just look at the 5 teams below us from 3rd to 7th, all of them likely were fancied above us and Sheff. Utd to get auto promotion so its awesome to see both clubs finish top of the pile. Wilder's team pushed us all the way, kept us on our toes right until the final day. Happy of course that we are the Champions, but promotionΒ  was the real goal and for both clubs its job done and onto the Prem. See ya next season Blades!

Leeds at carrow road were immense, deffo the best team performance against us this season.

Edited by Darth Canary1

28 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

Leeds at carrow road were immense, deffo the best team performance against us this season.

Leeds were immense, but thought Sheff United were very good too.

However, the best team I have seen at Carrow Road, without a doubt...……………...are the CHAMPIONS

Well done Norwich

Superb season

• Like 1