Sign in to follow this  
breaker

Don't Go Deano

I cannot quite believe the number of supposed City fans who appear to want Dean Ashton to leave in return for £6-8 million. We have a potentially great centre forward who is about sixth in the goalscoring chart in an awful season when he has not scored in nearly half of the games! What will he do when he, and the team, play well? And who else is available who could replace him, for £6-8 million? Lee Trundle? Robert Earnshaw? Marlon Harewood? etc etc

I would far rather use my energies to try and keep Deano at Carrow Road and build the team around him ''cos I don''t think we will be too far away from the playoffs come April. If we did go up I would rather be entering the Premiership with Deano than without him.

yeh definately. he is actually 4th now. only 3 goals behind 1st. amazing really.

i would love him to stay. if we dont go up, he goes, we go up, he stays. i think he would stay 6 more months in this division when he''s got the next 14 or whatever years in the premiership.

if he goes, it will be down to the board wanting to take the money, not because ashton is desperate to leave.

I''m not so sure that Southampton are particularly poor opposition. It seems that anyone we play well against nowadays is automatically the "worst team we''ve ever played against". Agreed, we have played (and badly actually) most of the teams below us but I''m not sure that the Saints are a team we should automatically be beating. I think credit should be given where it is due.

After the saints match was the happiest i have been all season to be honest.  They were decent opposition and we played bloody brilliant football to win the match.  It seems unbeleivable to me that McVeigh - who has had a big hand in the victories over saints and Crewe and the cov draw. has to wait this long for another start - treguarly he is behind brennan in the pecking order!?!?!?!

[quote user="pete"]Noone wants Dean to go its just the messages coming from Worthy, Neil Adams feels it is inevitable so do most realists i.e.the ones not getting carried away with 2 wins against poor opposition.[/quote]

But ''poor opposition'' who had the second best defensive record in the league when we played them. And made their defence look pants. You have to admit, we looked awesome for long periods on Saturday. But will the real Norwich City "please stand up!". Which was the real one and which was the imposter...

Agreed Amarillo  -  we did look awesome for long periods, just as we should all season.

Soton had a good record and we made them look very poor - they were demoralised by the end of the game as we showed what we CAN do.   All we have to do is deliver that consistently week in week out.   Even 45 mins of that each week would usually be enough to win most games in this very weak division...

OTBC

As regards Ashton potentially leaving..?
Would a deluge of well-wishing christmas cards/begging letters from supporters help in keeping him at Norwich..?
I vaguely remember when Fleck was going to re-sign for us that the EDP carried a story about a young lad who''d sent 50p to the Club in an attempt to help bring back Flecky, I can''t but help think that somewhere along the line that played a small part in creating a feeling of well being for the player to re-sign... 

Alternatively, how about an online petition/poll that could be presented to Dean unofficially to persuade him to stay...?

Any thoughts?

Pete, it is possible that the Saints lack of shots had something to do with our defence being effective for once. If Greeno has a lot to that is usually blamed on us playing badly so why can''t him having nothing to do be a sign that we played well for once?

I think that if a good offer came in than Dean would want to go that why he keeps saying"I AM A AMBITIOUS PLAYER".

Its not a just a question of Norwich wanting the money its what the player wants and the best time to cash in.

NCFC BOARD- PLEASE NOTE

What you need to reckon up is the difference between

1. taking the money for Ashton in January

against

2. the cost to NCFC of failing to get a quick return to the Premiership.

In my book, it''s a no-brainer. You should hang on to your best player - even if an unrepeatable offer comes along - because even one season in the Premiership is worth a minimum 2 or 3 times Ashton''s value.  A few performances like last Saturday''s and the play-offs may just beckon....

On that basis, please tell the world he''s ''Not for Sale'', not ''Give is your best offer and we''ll think about it...''

Perhaps you''d all benefit from a little session with this psychologist chappie you''ve brought in for the team....???  [:$]

[quote user="Oso Butch"]

NCFC BOARD- PLEASE NOTE

Perhaps you''d all benefit from a little session with this psychologist chappie you''ve brought in for the team....???  [:$]

[/quote]

If there`s one thing that might  cause any club  to pause and think hard  about parting with a few mil quid  , its that Deano  apparently needs a session with a psychologist  before  he knows what a goalmouth looks like !  ooooeer   [:^)]

He wants to go, and he should go if we can make a good profit. He''s always been semi-detached here. I would love him to settle here long-term but it won''t happen.

And don''t you love the sore winners - "three points against poor opposition: a very weak division: worst team we''ve played: etc., etc.". You wonder what enjoyment they can get from football if they can''t celebrate a good victory for the team they supposedly support. I guess it must niggle if you''ve nailed your colours to the mast and the ship doesn''t sink after all. 

If you had a reporter shove a microphone in your face and ask you questions such as Ashton was asked what would you say. He doesn''t know what the future holds so he made a non-committal answer. In the meantime he isn''t playing like someone who knows he is off or doesn''t want to play for Norwich.

Almost every club can lose it''s best players, Worthington is just making sure (I hope) that if we do sell then it is for serious money which for me would mean 7 milion plus.