Sign in to follow this  
Harry53

Super Mario

Not super because he is scoring important goals, but for his all round game. He wins the ball and his intelligent delivery is simply awesome. 

Both him and Steipermann have been monster players for us this season. Who expected this from when they first arrived here? Unbelievable quality, and the Premiership should help them shine.

• Like 1

I have to eat my words from last year when I felt he really struggled. He is officially my favourite player and this year with so many to be proud of that is some accolade. Oozes total class in everything he does. Super Mario is right.

Thought he was good and his class obvious last season. Delighted that he stayed last summer despite half our fans not realising his ability and giving him undue criticism (and clubs were interested too). 

Seems like the sort of player that will enjoy the Prem, too.

Been immense this last half of the season, great looking bloke to boot! Gonna be naming the new dog after him when we get one 🙂 (think i'm being vetoed by the mrs for naming our first born so the dog will have to do!)

Started slowly but you could always see he had ability. Think he needed the time to adjust to the pace of the game but came on leaps and bounds. Arguably unlucky to have not played more this season.

He has a lovely languid style, hopefully he can reproduce it in the next league up.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Thought he was good and his class obvious last season. Delighted that he stayed last summer despite half our fans not realising his ability and giving him undue criticism (and clubs were interested too). 

Seems like the sort of player that will enjoy the Prem, too.

Vrancic’s agent was told that Mario was free to leave Norwich and offers would be welcome. No offers were received that met Norwich’s valuation so he stayed. 

Could have easily been a different story. 

I have no doubts that a player who was signed twice by Jurgen Klopp, has played in both the Champions League and Bundesliga, will have any trouble in the Premier League. It is there for all to see regardless, the bloke oozes class, calm, and composure.

14 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Vrancic’s agent was told that Mario was free to leave Norwich and offers would be welcome. No offers were received that met Norwich’s valuation so he stayed. 

I don’t doubt what you’re saying Bethnal but this must happen all the time mustn’t it ? 

18 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I don’t doubt what you’re saying Bethnal but this must happen all the time mustn’t it ? 

To Mario?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Wasn't that Stiepermann?

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

It isn’t uncommon. 

37 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Wasn't that Stiepermann?

It was both. I don’t think both would have sold though, but Norwich probably feeling their squad was midfielder too deep after McLean’s arrival. Which is probably accurate - Norwich have a big squad, particularly in midfield. 

His goal won us promotion. His goal secured the title. His contribution to this season has been unbelievable. He has improved so much since last year it is ridiculous. Last summer I literally said he had been signed as a stopgap not as part of the future planning. How ****ing wrong was I? Incredible player and well worthy of starting in the prem, he will excel there.

Right club, right manager, right time. 

Fate plays a huge role in the career of footballers. 

You have to be an exceptional player to really nail it at more than one club. 

We have a team full of technically gifted players who needed to be here and now. 

BTW when the players came out to receive the trophy Mario had put a black top over his shirt so he wore a yellow and green scarf to show his allegiance. 

When he got his moment to show the cup to the supporters he whipped the black top off to be seen in his shirt. 

That's respect! And class. 

Mario Vrancic, the most under-rated player in the Championship, skilful, cool, measured intelligent, the list is long. 

He now has his chance to shine on one of the world's biggest stages, I am sure he won't disappoint.

16 hours ago, AJ said:

Both him and Steipermann have been monster players for us this season. Who expected this from when they first arrived here? Unbelievable quality, and the Premiership should help them shine.

This , he's been massive for us in the run in... I will never forget the free kick against Shef Wed ... due to the quality, his coolness in the circumstances ... I think he's a must keep and sign up for longer

Edited by ROBFLECK

1 hour ago, ROBFLECK said:

This , he's been massive for us in the run in... I will never forget the free kick against Shef Wed ... due to the quality, his coolness in the circumstances ... I think he's a must keep and sign up for longer

Out of interest, how long is his contract?

6 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Out of interest, how long is his contract?

One more year left. 

Will be interesting to see if he is one of quite a few players who probably sign new deals this summer, or the club take a more cautious approach with Mario. He’ll be 30 next season and the club may not want to commit to him for much longer. 

There will be a few tough choices with several players with contracts expiring next summer. Stiepermann is in the same position. 

Maybe not for too much longer ... but I would think like 2-3 years ! He's deserved that imo... But the wages will be the main issue in the negotiations, we want to learn from mistakes we made in the past with giving extensive contracts to players

If he's only got a year, we need to make a decision over the summer. Letting quality walk out of the door is as bad as having expensive flops bleeding us dry.