Sign in to follow this  
unique

Goodbye Quest.......

What a terrific job they do of covering football outside the PL. Colin Murray oozes enthusiasm and knowledge, and has sung the praises of the Canaries all season. The studio guests speak with a refreshing honesty.

As for next season......

I haven’t watched MOTD all season so I assume Linneker will be in situ with all his condescending comments and culinary gags.

I had the misfortune of catching part of Football Focus yesterday. Wow! Lawrenson still employed? If ever a pundit looked more disinterested, totally ignorant on the topic being discussed whilst slouched in his chair, I have yet to see. Perhaps the studio lights were affecting his facial makeup, but this dinosaur should never be anywhere near a TV studio. MOTD is unfortunately one of the downsides of promotion.

• Like 2

I saw Lawro passing comment on our promotion on Football Focus yesterday. He said he’d been impressed by our player recruitment, particularly by, and I quote, “what’s ‘is name, Pukki?”!

Match of the Day is very hit and miss.

The actual match highlights part of the show is  fantastic - but it is really let down by the analysis of any team outside the top 10. Very few of their pundits take the time to learn about other teams in the league, which is infuriating as it is their job to be experts on the PL.

Both 'Wrighty' and Shearer, while excellent players, seem particularly bad in this regard. I would back myself to be able to name more Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff players than either... and I'm no expert.

I can't stand Sky, but to be fair, I have been incredibly impressed with Rosenior. He seems to have a wealth of knowledge about all the teams and managers in the Championship. It helps that he still has a love of the game, unlike Lawro.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, unique said:

What a terrific job they do of covering football outside the PL. Colin Murray oozes enthusiasm and knowledge, and has sung the praises of the Canaries all season. The studio guests speak with a refreshing honesty.

As for next season......

I haven’t watched MOTD all season so I assume Linneker will be in situ with all his condescending comments and culinary gags.

I had the misfortune of catching part of Football Focus yesterday. Wow! Lawrenson still employed? If ever a pundit looked more disinterested, totally ignorant on the topic being discussed whilst slouched in his chair, I have yet to see. Perhaps the studio lights were affecting his facial makeup, but this dinosaur should never be anywhere near a TV studio. MOTD is unfortunately one of the downsides of promotion.

Never mind the fact that Lawrenson is still working for the BBC. Why was he ever employed in the first place? He would lose to Robbie Savage at Snakes and Ladders

7 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Colin Murray certaintly oozes his ego. Cringe.

He might come across a bit smarmy at times but I would say he oozes his love of all sport. I will miss the quest highlights, maybe it's just because we've been doing well so get a lot of focus, but, I was expecting tripe when it was announced and have been very pleasantly surprised. Shame we have to go back on MOTD as punishment for doing so well....

• Like 1

I can barely ever be bothered with MOTD even when we’re in the PL - much prefer the EFL coverage on whichever channel, and for those of us who’ll still bother next season, we’ll have to wait for the second hour to see the binners🙂😀!

The coverage on Quest has been outstanding; the best I’ve seen for the 2nd tier. They genuinely get to know what it happening at each club and present an array of informative stats and analysis. Colin Murray is entertaining too.

Bit of a shame we're going to be exchanging the knowledge and passion of Colin Murray with the sanctimonious **** that is Gary Lineker, but it's swings and roundabouts...

Very good coverage on Quest tonight, and for the whole season. I like Murray, informative but enough personality too. Too many ‘pundits’ just fed things to say with little or no knowledge of who they’re talking about. Deep breath, here comes Ian Wright and MOTD.

13 hours ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Both 'Wrighty' and Shearer, while excellent players, seem particularly bad in this regard. I would back myself to be able to name more Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff players than either... and I'm no expert.

I can't stand Sky, but to be fair, I have been incredibly impressed with Rosenior. He seems to have a wealth of knowledge about all the teams and managers in the Championship. It helps that he still has a love of the game, unlike Lawro.

Oh yes, Ian "and he passes to him" Wright. Can't wait. Lawro has been doing a parody of himself for years now, I especially like the punditry he does on Five Live where he's literally phoning it in, although it often feels like they've called him and he's not sure why.

Collin Murray has done a great job on Quest this season. His knowledge of the football league really comes across and the TNC podcast he did was a good listen too.

5 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Very good coverage on Quest tonight, and for the whole season. I like Murray, informative but enough personality too. Too many ‘pundits’ just fed things to say with little or no knowledge of who they’re talking about. Deep breath, here comes Ian Wright and MOTD.

This. 

Well worth a watch when it is repeated. 

Certainly won’t miss boring Dean Ashton I would rather watch paint dry

Dean was OK last night. Seemed genuinely pleased for us and has obviously watched and enjoyed many of our games. I would recommend he goes up a shirt size though. 

Well , I never listen to the ****ing pundits on MOTD as I tape the show. Very often only my sons watch it and even they like to fast forward the pundits ... says a lot don't it 
I have time for Dion Dublin on the Beeb  , but I think that's about it ... don't listen to self-righteous Gary Lineker or old dog Lawro...if at all possible.  I hope we can prove them wrong , as they certainly will be writing us off...I PRESUME...

Lawrenson has had strong opinions about us for years, I guess we must have upset him during his career. 

He forecast that we were 9 months from League 2 after we'd been relegated from the Championship, as it turned out we were headed in the opposite direction and we were a Premiership team 2 years later.