Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

Davenport

So whats the opinion on us needing to spend £2m on Davenport ?? I though Flem was brilliant.

WHO?

Fleming was good, we also have shackell. On loan would be good but we cant afford him permanently. we need to spend what money we have on a couple of attacking players. A winger would be good.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]So whats the opinion on us needing to spend £2m on Davenport ?? I though Flem was brilliant.[/quote]

''Brilliant'' is a bit generous. Anyway, one good game does not make Fleming a good player. Over the past 18 months I think he has been one of our worst players and I was relieved when he was finally dropped. I don''t believe he still has what it takes to consistently perform as a first-teamer.

On the other hand, unless we sell Green or Ashton, £2m is too much to spend on one player. Priority for me would be the right wing followed by an attacking midfielder.

[quote user="Matt"]WHERE DID THE CASH GO WE WERE GONNA SPEND ON MORRISON?????????[/quote]

something has to cover the loanee''s wages...

besides we already buying our midfield in january

will we really improve that much if we buy him? i know it will make us stronger, but we had him for 3 months, and look where we are. its not a huckerby situation, we do not desperately need him. so i dont think we will buy him.

[quote user="Matt"]WHERE DID THE CASH GO WE WERE GONNA SPEND ON MORRISON?????????[/quote]

Do you not read the Pink ''Un? There was never a 2 mil bid, only 1.25. And even then we will never know whether that was to be staged or in one go. We do know that of that money, some has gone on loan players wages, the rest is committed to the transfer fee and wages for Etuhu.

Hopefully that answers your question.

BLIMEY. WELL HUSH MY MOUTH I KNOW NOTHING. APOLOGIES FOR ASKING.

If we are spending any savings we have on loanees wages then we obviously wont be buying anyone in January....unless we sell Ashton and then that money will pay for ooooh how many months wages by your reckoning?  Blimey we are trying to sail a financial shipwreck by the sounds of you!  I know we have never been rich but christ how negative. If we had bought morrison instead of the loan signings we would barely have a team of 11 on the pitch!!

Neil Doncaster said in the paper there was never 2 million available for Morrison.... and we would of had to sell in January should we want to sign anyone.... because the money was used up with the pre season signings.

Roger Munby then comes out and says that the £750,000 for Etuhu is "nigels budget commited for the season".. so as we have signed him then we wont be getting anyone else in.

all this despite the fact we made a loss....

This is partly the reason why i take what the club says with a pinch of salts.. and also the reason that I dont believe that Worthy is on a 12 month "rolling" contract.. considering he signed an EXTENSION to his deal in 2003... a rolling contract does not equate to an extension.

jas :)

I think that sums it up. BELIVE NOTHING! i guess thats just the nature of the transfer market though. Nobody tells it like it really is. Bluff and double Bluff.  Only time will tell. We wait with hearts in mouths for the funfair that is THE JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW.

Back on subject though i would like Davenport.  Dont know who else there is that is tried and tested and proved as good for about 2 million.