Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Sunday Sun

Rio Ferdinand friends with Ben Godfrey and are likely to recommend him to Manchester United £15 million seems cheap anyway. 

The prices being quoted for our players in the press are ridiculously low. Godfrey, Lewis, Aarons and Buendia will clearly leave at some point but I can't see any point in letting any of them go this summer. I just hope that none of them has an exit clause 

7 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

They may make a cheeky bid,even with a view to loan him back for a season ....... beware!

Very, very likely outcome for some of ours.

4 minutes ago, duke63 said:

The Sunday Sun, that well known font of all knowledge.

Unfortunately, you may remember that Rio Ferdinand has got a bit of previous with ‘assisting’ our young players out of Carrow Rd.

The Murphy’s.

21 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Unfortunately, you may remember that Rio Ferdinand has got a bit of previous with ‘assisting’ our young players out of Carrow Rd.

The Murphy’s.

Yes, must remember to thank him for the decent money on them, and the investment in the team it allowed afterwards.

We must invite him to Colney for a specially arranged reserve game soon, see what gems he can unveil :classic_biggrin:

1 minute ago, East Rider said:

Yes, must remember to thank him for the decent money on them, and the investment in the team it allowed afterwards.

We must invite him to Colney for a specially arranged reserve game soon, see what gems he can unveil :classic_biggrin:

Don’t get me wrong, at that point it really helped us. But right now losing your Godfrey’s, Aarons’s and Lewis’s is definitely not what we need.

As has been pointed out endlessly on here already - there is absolutely no point in Aarons, Godfrey or Lewis going to a team like Man Utd at this stage in their career and sitting on the bench week in week out when they can be playing Premier League football every week with us.

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Don’t get me wrong, at that point it really helped us. But right now losing your Godfrey’s, Aarons’s and Lewis’s is definitely not what we need.

I certainly have not got your sentiment wrong and agree 100%.

Rio 'the obvious talent spotter' Ferdinand, can sod off and leer elsewhere.

• Like 1

The reality is that they will go at some point to a bigger club, that will either be because we come back down to the Championship or they play well and help keep us up.

I’m hoping for the later of course but when taking big money now, a loan back and some kind of deal with a sell on clause/international call up etc etc wouldn’t be a disaster for the future of the club.

It is certainly a possibility that a sale/loan back could be on the cards for at least one player; there’s little point any of our youngsters actually leaving for one of the ‘big’ sides as they’ll never play (other than on loan somewhere) and a sale/loan back is a bit of a win-win.

They are right for some of it - Ferdinand has been all over Ben like a rash for the last few weeks now...

I don’t see it this year.

Utd won’t spend 15 mil on youngsters with no premier league experience - their defence is a shambles and they’ll spend big on proven players with European experience or at least top level experience - they need Van Dijk type signings,  not someone who has had one good season in the championship. 

Whilst Godfrey’s passing might make him attractive, there have been a few question marks over his defensive ability, and I can’t see a top 6 side gambling on him. Buy and loan back does happen, but not all that often and not usually for players who are going to command 15-20 million quid transfer fees.

If anything, I see Aarons as being the most likely to leave - Spurs, Liverpool and Man City all use attacking full backs, the workload on those full backs is immense and I imagine they’d all be on the look out for a young English full back with attacking ability.

Godfrey needs to prove that he’s defensively good enough in the prem before top sides will be interested in him. They’re more likely to “take a punt” on Aarons imo (although I don’t see that happening this year either).

Edited by Aggy

As Webber has said, all our young players have proved themselves very good at Championship level and that the challenge is to prove themselves again in the league above.

They'll only do that by playing and they'll only play regularly with us next season.

If our youngsters are sensible, they will stay knowing they will be getting plenty of game time to prove themselves! Look at the Murphy's, it isn’t all rosy to move On every time. The challenge will be to keep them if we fail to survive

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

As has been pointed out endlessly on here already - there is absolutely no point in Aarons, Godfrey or Lewis going to a team like Man Utd at this stage in their career and sitting on the bench week in week out when they can be playing Premier League football every week with us.

Other than a huge wedge of cash.

Two points.

1. I can't see any point in Norwich selling unless we get an absurdly high valuation. After a year in the PL, the players will be worth much more.

2. It makes DF's prediction that Godfrey has the attributes of a "world class" centre-back, a very good "spot," despite some of the doubts that were expressed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, duke63 said:

The Sunday Sun, that well known font of all knowledge.

I didn't even know there was a Sunday Sun. Sounds absolutely dreadful. But still not as dreadful as Talk Sport.

7 hours ago, Aggy said:

I don’t see it this year.

Utd won’t spend 15 mil on youngsters with no premier league experience - their defence is a shambles and they’ll spend big on proven players with European experience or at least top level experience - they need Van Dijk type signings,  not someone who has had one good season in the championship. 

Whilst Godfrey’s passing might make him attractive, there have been a few question marks over his defensive ability, and I can’t see a top 6 side gambling on him. Buy and loan back does happen, but not all that often and not usually for players who are going to command 15-20 million quid transfer fees.

If anything, I see Aarons as being the most likely to leave - Spurs, Liverpool and Man City all use attacking full backs, the workload on those full backs is immense and I imagine they’d all be on the look out for a young English full back with attacking ability.

Godfrey needs to prove that he’s defensively good enough in the prem before top sides will be interested in him. They’re more likely to “take a punt” on Aarons imo (although I don’t see that happening this year either).

Aarons and Lewis are already better than the full backs at Manchester United and Arsenal. Godfrey possibly needs a year more but needs to stay in the same position to avoid becoming another Phil Jones.  We should probably all enjoy it while it lasts. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Aarons and Lewis are already better than the full backs at Manchester United and Arsenal. Godfrey possibly needs a year more but needs to stay in the same position to avoid becoming another Phil Jones.  We should probably all enjoy it while it lasts. 

So are lots of others who already have experience of and have proven they can cut it in European football.