CANARYKING

It could have been you .....

Pritchard - relegated

Josh Murphy - relegated

Jacob Murphy - not wanted by Newcastle

Ok...

but the Murphy boys have been an absolute credit to our academy, our club and their family. Both real stars in my eyes and they will have been overjoyed that we are promoted.

• Like 6

Yeah, given that we got very good money for them, and signed Hernandez and Buendia at a fraction of those prices, I don't see what the issue is. Realistically no footballer is going to turn down a Premiership move from a mid-table Championship club.

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Ok...

but the Murphy boys have been an absolute credit to our academy, our club and their family. Both real stars in my eyes and they will have been overjoyed that we are promoted.

Absolutely.

Young lads that tried to better themselves. We received an incredible return for them and they owe us nothing. I personally enjoyed watching both of them playing for my team.

Good luck to both in the future.

• Like 2

I'd take either of them back to be honest. We need a little competition in the advanced wide areas. It won't happen due to their clubs wanting more than we'd pay, but if they were available and affordable I'd have either back in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

Both were brilliant for us. Shows how difficult it will be next season.

• Like 2

If we brought a Murphy back there would be a huge sigh of relief in the dressing room.........at the arrival of next seasons scapegoat

• Like 1

Unfair on all three. Unlike Sammy 'rat deserting a sinking ship' Clingan, these guys didn't agitate for a move and were moved on by the club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Unfair on all three. Unlike Sammy 'rat deserting a sinking ship' Clingan, these guys didn't agitate for a move and were moved on by the club.

...I think Pritchard very clearly did !!?!...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...I think Pritchard very clearly did !!?!...

Not my recollection. I recall a book-balancing sale.

For years we lacked anyone in the side who could stick one in from long range against the run of play. We seemed to be doing well in many a game, only for said type of player to stick one in and suddenly we're trailing and never got back into the game.

When the Murphy's emerged they were the first time I could remember us having a player that could do that. Long range shooting and pace are always welcome assets

Id certainly have either of them back. They'd be very good competition for Hernandez and Buendia, and we've seen in recent games that if you dont have an able replacement for either during injury or suspension the team struggled. 

Both are homegrown players as well.

Personally, considering the vast riches that comes with membership of the Premier League, I wouldnt be unhappy if we bought them back for similar fees to what we sold them for.

Pritchard would also be useful in our system. Cracking little player but after waht Webber said about him, not sure I'd want him back.

Didn't Webber make a thinly-veiled comment about someone agitating that was roundly accepted as being Pritchard? 

Could be wrong, it just rings a bell. 

Edited by canarydan23

15 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Not my recollection. I recall a book-balancing sale.

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Didn't Webber make a thinly-veiled comment about someone agitating that was roundly accepted as being Pritchard? 

....it was a bit more than thinly veiled.....made it quite clear he wanted out as soon as January came around

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Think youre right Dan👍

Pretty confident we wouldn't take any back at the prices theirs clubs are likely to want, although may be worth looking at a loan for one of the Murphy's, need a quick wide player to back up for Hernandez.

Having said that I'm confident we will find someone atleast as good for a fraction of the cost.

9 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....it was a bit more than thinly veiled.....made it quite clear he wanted out as soon as January came around

Yes - Webber basically said that Pritchard had been out injured for quite a while - came back for a handful of games and then agitated for a move as soon as the January transfer window opened. 

Theres a good player in the murphys somewhere....if you could combine the best bits from either and merge them into one ...but both are erratic and I'm not so sure either are good enough for the premier league

..would have to be confident that there are better players out there for less money that we sold these 2 for?

....£22m for sale of these 2 and £3m to bring in Buendia and Hernandez was pretty good business.

I don’t know why but I never really took to Pritchard at all - whilst everyone loved him, he never felt like a City player to me, a player that was part of our club, and there was something about his demeanour that I just didn’t like, so yes, I will wave at him as we pass him by, and to be honest, until people mention his name then I honestly wouldn’t remember him here. 

The Murphy boys were really the first off the incredible current era academy conveyor belt and good luck to them. Beating Chelsea home and away to lift the FA Youth Cup - bloody brilliant it was. Pretty sure they both still love Norwich, so would be really surprised to hear a City fan slag them off as they’re both really nice lads and have never done us any harm. 

I'd have Jacob Murphy back here in a heart beat. Not for anything like the money we received for him mind. I'm not convinced he would make our staring 11 but I'm sure he could force his way onto our bench and he has that x factor if we need it.

Both Murphy's still have incredibly high chanced of having very good careers. They just aren't the finished article yet, but both buying clubs would have known that before purchasing. Cannot blame either for going on to bigger and better things at the time and I wish them all the best. 

Another moronic post (there's been a spate of these recently).

The Murphys gave their all for the club and were sold to help the club lay the foundations for this promotion season and to further their own careers.

That you feel it necessary to gloat about their current situation says far more about you as a supporter than it does of them as players.

Edited by kirku
  • Like 1