Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Relegated without Buendia?

In the 8 games Emi didn't start this season we got 7 points. That's the equivalent of 40 points from 45 games which is relegation form. 

• Haha 1

Ok. This sh1t has to stop. Have you spent any time watching all the videos of how much of a team we truly have generated. The fans are equally part of this team. Just imagine that you as a fan are invited Into the training ground and the first sh1t you spurt out is that tripe! 

Your thinking, you mind set and what you carry to a game is no different to what you ask of you team, be prepared, be focused, execute what you have been training.....

I suggest if this is in your thinking, you need to take a long hard look at your team,how they have come together and how you need to make a big step up as a fan to join the party... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Ok. This sh1t has to stop. Have you spent any time watching all the videos of how much of a team we truly have generated. The fans are equally part of this team. Just imagine that you as a fan are invited Into the training ground and the first sh1t you spurt out is that tripe! 

Your thinking, you mind set and what you carry to a game is no different to what you ask of you team, be prepared, be focused, execute what you have been training.....

I suggest if this is in your thinking, you need to take a long hard look at your team,how they have come together and how you need to make a big step up as a fan to join the party... 

Do you normally deal with facts you don't like by bullying people online? 

However wonderful you think the others are, the simple fact is that it doesn't work without Emi. 

• Haha 1

Yeah this is quite a stretch.

Correlation does not equal causation. Emi missed the first few games of the season where there were clearly more issues than missing him in midfield. 

Without him we probably wouldn't have finished top 2 but relegated is just mental.

• Like 3

Nobody will ever know, there is no I in team but there are two in idiot!

other players have proved they can step up during the season who says Buendia can be personally responsible for us being top two, possible but not probable.

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Do you normally deal with facts you don't like by bullying people online? 

However wonderful you think the others are, the simple fact is that it doesn't work without Emi. 

You can call it what you like. 

I would love you to answer my points. 

You get the chance as a fan to talk to the players... And what do you share!? How do you show your gratitude? How do you share your passion? 

My guess is how you post on here in a negative mind set is a reflection of your bad dog self... My opinion... 

Actually... I have really enjoyed hours listening and watching all the great media output since Sat night. Some amazing insights to our club and the journey we have started. 

The clearest message I heard was cultural change that was required through the whole club, something that can not happen overnight. Delia, Daniel & Stuart have stated just how important this cultural change is, has been and will continue to be. 

Can you honestly say that piping off that tripe is part,or should be part of the club's culture? 

We are all welcome here, as we are all free to post, and free to post what ever tripe you wish,my retort was never to bully, but challenge, and with that tripe you deserve to be challenged and you deserve a chance to respond to challenge back. 

If its not in line with the club's culture, you will just end up looking like a bin mans big dog. 

• Like 1

Back on topic 

the fans recognised Emi’s contribution my naming him 3rd in the canary player of the season

he is a big part of our promotion 

I have never read such a load of tripe in my life. Try responding with some facts or reasoned arguments. Is there really anyone out there who couldn't see the difference without Emi during his 3 game suspension?

I am merely trying to point out that however good a team is there will always be one or two players who can't be replaced. Emi is the best example of that I've seen for a long time. Without him I don't think we would be anywhere near the top 2. That's not being negative, it's an opinion which is supported by fact. 

Not only do we need to celebrate this extraordinary player, we need to be doing everything we can to encourage him to stay as long as possible. 

• Haha 1

I think relegation is a bit of a stretch, but the wider point (that we aren’t the same without him) is a fair one. I do think we’ll look to bring in some more creativity up top next season because we have looked a bit short of ideas at times without Buendia.

We could all see the difference but you were either trying  to stir people up by being extreme or you are of below average intelligence with little knowledge of football so sit down, take some pills and have a sleep dear boy!

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I have never read such a load of tripe in my life. Try responding with some facts or reasoned arguments. Is there really anyone out there who couldn't see the difference without Emi during his 3 game suspension?

I am merely trying to point out that however good a team is there will always be one or two players who can't be replaced. Emi is the best example of that I've seen for a long time. Without him I don't think we would be anywhere near the top 2. That's not being negative, it's an opinion which is supported by fact. 

Not only do we need to celebrate this extraordinary player, we need to be doing everything we can to encourage him to stay as long as possible. 

There is no point in responding to such an absurd OP with "facts or reasoned arguments", it's far better to call a spade a spade; or in this case, idiotic negative b*llocks. 

27 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I am merely trying to point out that however good a team is there will always be one or two players who can't be replaced. Emi is the best example of that I've seen for a long time. 

I have to say that he's the most exciting talent I've seen in a yellow shirt, that said,  you could have written this last year about Madison and yet, a year later we're promoted without him. 

37 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If you're honestly surprised at the reaction then here is a suggestion- you're likely to get better responses by not claiming  the team who are likely to finish top would have got relegated if it wasn't for one player.

• Haha 1

Like saying if Wolves didn’t have Neves or Jota or Bennett or Ruddy (keeping it Norwich themed) they wouldn’t have won the league last season. Pure conjecture.

If a tree falls in the woods with no one around to hear it does it make any noise??

If we’re relying on Buendia to be playing to win then we’re in big trouble next season.

And no, we wouldn’t have been relegated without him.

This is nuts. Buendia was an important player but if you're going to pick one it would surely be Pukki.

But why?

Getting these players was part of the transition started the previous season. 

If people still don't get the importance of the collective, after this season above any, then they deserve all the ridicule and derision they get.

• Like 7

The reality is that Emi is our Talisman, he’s an outstanding player who fits our system, compliments the squad and generates more chances for others as he’s normally targeted by opposing teams as the main threat.

But without him we’re still a damn good side which has really shown quality, even without him we would have been comfortable mid table.

Emi missed the start of the season where we were playing well but not quite getting the results and the three games he missed recently were against teams on great run of form playing for survival, not easy games.

As a whole credit to Webber, Farke and the coaching team in cutting out those who were not contributing to the new style & system, credit to all the players including those who lost their place in still giving it all and credit to Delia & MWJ, for changing the structure.

Great season, hopefully the summer will see us keep the core squad and key players to build on for a successful premiership campaign.

I suspect if Daniel Farke wasn't part of this team (and was sacked last Sept ish) we would have been in the brown smelly stuff.

But just one player? No chance.

• Like 1

It's what got us through Kirku. If we finish above Sheff Utd it will be because of the games where we dug in and rescued points. We only took one point off them.

What a tiresome way to say that Emi is important to us.

You have to exclude the first 6 games from any analysis - why? - just look at our line-ups for those matches - we had Husband, Pinto and Marshall as full backs, and Pukki as the number 10 in various combinations.

While Emi was banned we still didn't lose, and scored 5 goals in games where we were nervy and the players were having to adjust to a major cog being absent.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The best way to answer the point you raised is to look at how the team adapted to the loss of Maddison and the Murphy's under Farke. Sure the short term is obvious, the three game ban did have a negative impact on team but to suggest Farke couldn't come to terms with  permanent or long term absence of a key is unfounded due to his and the coaches professional abilities in "finding another way to win" with the loss of the aforementiond "flair" players.

In the two home games in which EB was missing w could have won convincingly. That we had to rely to equalisers or had last minute goals against us is noteworthy but did not show the pattern of the game.

We dominated Sheff Wed for most of the first half and should have been done and dusted by half time except for luck. Against Reading we had chances and again they just did not fall for us.

Wigan? Well it was a good hard earned draw in my opinion.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

In the 8 games Emi didn't start this season we got 7 points. That's the equivalent of 40 points from 45 games which is relegation form. 

I feel sorry for you

• Like 1