Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Luke Freeman

Supposedly looking at him for £5m along with Sheff Utd and Boro.

Worth a go?

Seems just the type to me to try make the step up. Clearly has the talent from being so young when he was originally sniffing round the arsenal first team squad and looked useful this season. Would be a versatile option that could it in any of the 4 attacking slots as well, I just wonder if he'd be good enough for the prem but I think that's going to be the case whoever we sign. Not forgetting he is young and English too so could be a real cash cow if we get him firing.

hes 27 apparently! Hadn't realised as he has a bit of the Theo Walcott "forever a wonderkid" vibe about him

16 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

He's 27?

honestly had him down as about 23 years old! Nevertheless, 27 suggests he is ready to hit his prime and still has a good 4 or 5 years in him at his peak

I would wager he doesn't fit our profile at all TJ. There are a bucket load of promising kids at the age of 18-20 who then get no higher than mid-upper Championship throughout their career. I just cannot see him being in Farke's sight line.

I’d not get caught too much on the ages of players - within reason, of course.  Clearly we’ve blooded some younger guys this year but Teemu and Mario are both 29, showing we aren’t wedded to one thing or the other on age...which is as it should be.

• Like 1

I think he would be a solid buy. Fits Webber's mould of being a player hungry to leave his mark in the Prem. 5m is a great deal in the modern age and would demand wages within our structure.

He can play out wide or through the middle too - we definitely need a player or two who can do a job out wide.

I think he’d be a great fit. He put in a great through ball for Buendia to set up Pukki in the home fixture this season. Clearly already on the same wavelength. Sign him up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never really been that impressed with him when I’ve seen him play. Also, for 5 million, I think we could pick up much better players especially from the non-English markets.