Sign in to follow this  
beelsie

"Is it true? Cities been born again!!!

"As good as anything we’ve seen" and I for one agree.

So say Southampton, "needed a psychologist say’s Ashton and others". Including the ecclesiastical group now known as the Holy Trinity, by name as Mc Veigh, Ashton, and would you believe it Huckerby; who had previously proclaimed his right to the title as best footballer at the club, when only doing 70% of a footballers job. This was the proof that the excuse made by many, that our team needed time to gel, was cobblers, as the HT group above had not played together for six games; we’re told.

Amongst Worthy’s errors, and in my opinion there were a few, and many more of the same by managers more famous an reputable than him; was his inability to motivate the team.

Then, as if by magic, we have the huddle, adopted by those who have learned that there is a trick often preached by Worthy, of self-motivation.

There is also the possibility that the participators will find it more believable, when it comes from within.

It’s the same for hard work and playing for one-another, the players can move mountains as long as the platform of performance is designed by the performers themselves, after the goal is once recognised together as achievable. This goal has to be looked upon as a sweet pill of achievement; not the bitter pill to be swallowed, and born of sweat toil and tears.

No one ever climbed Everest easily nor has it been climbed by one lone star, It has to be done by the collective group of people who have recognised the old adage," that together we rise and divided we fall". Some are saying that the shrink gave them the motivation, I’m saying it was within their capabilities all the time, and remains so. Whatever are the reasons for this magic display, please lets have more of the same because it’s what you are capable of, and keep the huddle, it works like a dummy!! OTBC!!!!!

More good sense from beelsie. We CAN outplay every other team in this division, but the players need to try. If they don''t, we''ll be outplayed by every other team in the division. It''s not physical effort that''s needed, it''s mental effort, and too often our players haven''t been up to making that type of effort. Beelsie''s also right that Worthy''s made mistakes, and (crucially) that so have other managers. In fact, it''s fair to say that all managers make mistakes, it''s just that some have enough money to cover them up.

It seems to me that we have a higher-calibre squad than we had in the Premiership (though too many of them are loan-rangers, and it looks likely that we''ll lose Ashton), and I can see a plan behind it. However, it still all boils down to those players performing to their ability, and that''s the element we''ve missed.