Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

Play Off Dilemma

I can’t work out who I want to win the play offs.

Leeds - dirty cheats and I guess we’d all love them to fail

Aston Villa - arrogant fans, have tried to buy their way back and all we’re going to hear about on Sky is Grealish is a star

Derby - it will be the darlings of Sky, Frank Lampard this, Frank Lampard that

So guess I’m left with being a West Brom fan then.

What do others think?

I'd like Derby or Bristol. Possibly West Brom. I think Leeds and Villa would be able to give the league a real go with their finances.

14 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Aston Villa - arrogant fans, have tried to buy their way back and all we’re going to hear about on Sky is Grealish is a star

What do others think?

I would have supported West Brom until they brutally jettisoned Darren Moore. I want them to suffer for that decision. I want Boro to go up, but if FLDC end up in sixth then I guess I'll just console myself with the fact that three of the four teams are going to be awfully unhappy.

First world problems eh ?  Now we're promoted, who do we want to win the playoffs ?

I agree with the OP, all the favourites are unappealing.  I am therefore not bothered (do I look bothered ?).  I'd go for Derby just because it's the easiest trip for me 😆 but really my dear, I don't give a damn....

58 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

What do others think?

Great question. All things considered Boro. But it’s a bloody long way! 

Good news is only one of those four (add in Middlesbrough and Bristol) will go up.

A WBA v Bristol playoff final might be nice but like Drazen, really not bothered. 

Three of the four will fail, there will be plenty to laugh at.😀

4 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

My boro mate, wants them to not make it so they can bin Pulis😂

I think I would feel the same....,

Middlesbrough - Bristol - West Brom - FLDC - Villa - Anyone else in the universe - Leeds - Ipswich (only mentioned to demonstrate that they don't fall in to the anyone else category).

Of those in the frame, Boro, Derby and Bristol City are the least likely to push on next season, that said, Leeds are well short of Premiership quality and West Brom will need a rebuild, Villa have the momentum and are probably favourites at this stage. 

I'm just glad we're us......

Controversial but I actually quite like Leeds.

I think it dates back to watching match of the 70s narrated by Dennis Waterman. I likes their hardness and cheating but they really could play then.

I hate villa who will spend big, WBA have recent experience of prem and no doubt spend big, and derby will get Chelsea best young players on loan and I still haven't got over the floodlights incident.  So I want Leeds to go up, for their good loyal suffering fans(not the twats)

9 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Controversial but I actually quite like Leeds.

I think it dates back to watching match of the 70s narrated by Dennis Waterman. I likes their hardness and cheating but they really could play then.

I hate villa who will spend big, WBA have recent experience of prem and no doubt spend big, and derby will get Chelsea best young players on loan and I still haven't got over the floodlights incident.  So I want Leeds to go up, for their good loyal suffering fans(not the twats)

Slightly off topic but how did you manage to get twats through the swear filter?

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

Slightly off topic but how did you manage to get twats through the swear filter?

Hey, I did too! Pete needs to update his Bumper Book of Rude Words for Boys.

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

Same way you did, you just have to roll them up really tight.

• Haha 2

Bristol would be a fairytale, but sadly don't think they will make it

Boro, for no other reason than getting to see the latest installment of everyones favourite bearded oaf melting down on Boro TV after our latest 1-0 win!

13 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

First world problems eh ?  Now we're promoted, who do we want to win the playoffs ?

I agree with the OP, all the favourites are unappealing.  I am therefore not bothered (do I look bothered ?).  I'd go for Derby just because it's the easiest trip for me 😆 but really my dear, I don't give a damn....

Shouldn’t that read ‘Frankly my dear’

15 minutes ago, dj11 said:

Shouldn’t that read ‘Frankly my dear’

"Take a good look my dear. It's an historic moment you can tell your grandchildren about - how you watched the Binners fall into League One."