Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Next Academy Graduate

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Adam Idah is an extraordinary player for his age. If we manage to hold on to him we will sell him for a huge amount of money. He is already being watched by Scouts representing the biggest clubs in Europe. Unfortunately it is difficult for forwards these days with most teams playing one up front. He will count as home grown next season so we may get to see him in the first team

Let’s hope we hang on to him and he gets a chance to prove himself 

Have to admit i'd not heard of Kiaran Jones until the recent article? Any views on him from regular academy watchers? Idah obviously a big hope for the future but then Aarons is a good example of a player slightly under the radar (although i'm sure avid U23 watchers knew he was good) suddenly emerging and perhaps developing faster than anyone could have anticipated.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Out of interest what would you expect the average first teamer to be on for us? I'd guessed between about £10-20k a week but if 17 year old academy guys are on £4k then maybe I'm too low.

I think you are probably right in the £10k - £20k area.

Youth player wages have been creeping up in recent years, and I can see Norwich and especially Webber, who put a priority on youth being prepared to offer decent wages to get what they see as decent talent. The disparity with first team players is getting smaller across clubs. 

The moroccan lad that we got recently from spain is reported to have the potential of being the next big thing from what I’d heard, Gassan Ahadme.

Check out the YouTube clip of him against Man Utd, he’s a big lad and got great feet.

Having said that I’ve not heard much about him since?!

2 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Next year might be fairly quiet. The next big thing sounds like Adam Idah, but at 18, they'd probably try to find him a loan at some point next season.

I'd missed that Adam Phillips had already left

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2019/february/phillips-and-aransibia-contracts-terminated/

Loan wise Diallang Jaiyesimi and Sav Morgas were getting decent reviews, but had horrible season-ending injuries, and Simon Power needs more game time.

So I can't see anyone really pushing to get in.

Cheers – I'd also missed that Phillips and Aransibia had left. Phillips was rated very highly at Liverpool, but guessing he never really recovered from the injury he had that cost him his place there...

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Compared to Arsenal’s or Chelsea’s academy £4K is pretty meagre. 

all relative though. Their first teamers are on an average of about £100k per week. Even some of the lot that don't make it will sell for a few million as well. Most of ours that don't make it will leave for peanuts if that.