Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Parking at Villa?

7 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Anyone know where the best place to park near to the ground? 

Just behind Tim Krul. Car'll be safe there.

The leisure centre by the ground or park at Sutton Coldfield or Gravelly Hill and train in. 

Normally if you park at leisure centre nightmare to get out but I am working on the assumption that wether we win the title or not we will be given 10 minutes celebration time after the game, prior to their lap of appreciation. There will however be 46000 there so going to be busy. If you park on roads around the ground you will have kids / teenagers charging you to look after your car. Pay when you get back.

I have always used the car parking at the Star City leisure complex. Parking is free, plentiful and there are no time limits. According to Google it is 1.7 miles from Villa Park and a 25 minute walk (I reckon I walk it in less). It saves paying to park and avoids all the traffic near the ground. Getting away after the game is easy as well.

Shame my loyalty points were not high enough to be able to get a ticket!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

Last time I think I parked at an evangelical church who charged £5. Not sure if that will be available Sunday though !

It will if you go to church first 

• Haha 1

I parked in Star City in the end, which was ok, but a decent walk to the ground.

But my overarching impression of the said walk was the phenomenal amount litter on the Streets of Aston, my word we are so lucky to live in City such as Norwich, for many reasons......

2 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

I parked in Star City in the end, which was ok, but a decent walk to the ground.

But my overarching impression of the said walk was the phenomenal amount litter on the Streets of Aston, my word we are so lucky to live in City such as Norwich, for many reasons......

Yeah, it’s when you do an away game that you realise how lucky we are

I parked at a coach company 10 mins from the ground who charged £5 and were a friendly bunch of guys who were happy to point an away fan in the right direction! When I got back after all the celebrations there were only 2 cars still in the car park, mine and a family with young children who made it back at the same time.

but yes pretty untidy area you have to be honest!

Edited by It's Character Forming