Thirsty Lizard

When Will we Next Play Ipswich in a League Game?

When Will we Next Play Ipswich in the League?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. When will we next play Ipswich in a League game?

• Season 2020/21 - we'll go straight back down - they'll come straight back up.
    • Season 2021/22 to 2026/27 - not straightaway, but it will happen some time in the next 5 years after that.
    • Season 2027/28 to 2039/40 - it's football - the wheel will turn eventually.
    • Never - Option 1 - that's it. The two clubs are now on irredeemably different paths - we'll consolidate, they'll go bust.
    • Never - Option 2 - Mankind will become extinct before we meet again in a League fixture

32 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Martin O'Neill's free kick in the last minute. Just about the best finish to a derby match , ever! 

I think the word pandemonium was invented about 1 second later

What a goal that was! And a very good one by Peter Mendham as well. 

1 hour ago, Rivvo said:

Westcoastcanary said a very similar thing before he disappeared from the forum

Has he gone? Shame if so.

Well those who want to see the demise of Ipswich into obviation have no concern whatsoever for all the staff and part-timers who rely on the club to make a living. Ground Staff, Catering, Stewards, Office Staff etc

When we went down to the 1st Div a relation of mine who had given loyal service for over  20 years was shown the door via an email before being given official notice

28 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

What a goal that was! And a very good one by Peter Mendham as well. 

I think Mendham score twice didn’t he ?

9 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I think Mendham score twice didn’t he ?

Yes - he did. A volley from the edge of the area and a header if I remember correctly. 

3 hours ago, daly said:

Well those who want to see the demise of Ipswich into obviation have no concern whatsoever for all the staff and part-timers who rely on the club to make a living. Ground Staff, Catering, Stewards, Office Staff etc

When we went down to the 1st Div a relation of mine who had given loyal service for over  20 years was shown the door via an email before being given official notice

Selective reading there, nearly everyone has said they’d feel for the non playing staff if they were to go into financial difficulties.

7 hours ago, Rivvo said:

Westcoastcanary said a very similar thing before he disappeared from the forum, personally I hate them with a passion and always have done ever since being spat at as a kid in the 70s visiting PR when we (unusually apparently in those days) ran out winners. I take great pleasure in seeing their demise and hope for future glorious relegations for them, I do however feel for the staff at PR who may not get paid or may be made redundant. Perhaps those canaries who didn’t grow up locally don’t feel it as strong as those that did, or perhaps they’re just more grown up 🤪

That's possible. I lived in Norfolk a large chunk of my life and in Norwich for a few years. Certainly if you experience hostility from someone/a group then you're more likely to feel it back.

My general point though was that I get the feeling that a lot of these local rivalries seem to be rooted in a general idea that you're 'supposed' to be rivals if you're nearby. Like, for me, I find Fulham and Aston Villa a lot more irritating than Ipswich, possibly more so towards AV after the weekend, although hopefully not! :classic_unsure: