Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Jarrett to return?

So, Hughes is out for a few weeks just as we hit the busy spell and need plenty of bodies.

Will Jarrett be recalled to the squad? If he is not then I suggest Worthington has probably finished with him.

spot on mate! i still think jarrett could be a really good player for us. he needs to get his confidence back and then he will be a great asset for as he was for wigan when they won  their passport to the premiership he was the MOM in that game

with safs off to anc in jan, that only

leaves dicko, robbo & jarvis left in midfield.  if he doesn''t

recall jarrett in this situation rude old then your assumption is

probably right.  I hope he does come back and show city fans what

he really can do.

i think he will return, yes. but certainly not before his loan has finished. having safri, robinson and etuhu is fine for now.

With no options beyond robinson, etuhu or saffers he should be recalled now - but will worthy see it that way?

OTBC

how long is the jarrett loan for?

maybe it finishes in time

Was reading in the ''Observer'' that according to one of the Plymouth fans he was a star player in the win against Palace. So maybe there''s hope he might still do it for us in future.

Depends DC - JJ only played a few games for us and never a full one.   With a confidence boosting time in Plymouth and actually playing in his preferred position it is clear to me that there is so much more to come from Jarrett.  

The question is whether we as  aclub can get the best out of him as plymouth clearly are...

OTBC

NO

The problem is he obviously doesn''t get on with worthington. So therefore wouldn''t be a good person to have around and has wasted his chances anyway. Plymouth can keep him.

The whole squad were doing extra training here, Charlies Dad! Don''t

forget that Jarrett supposedly signed for us because of his good

relationship with Worthy following their time together at Blackpool. He

arrived here to join a team whose morale was rock bottom and promptly

suffered an injury. Having got some self-confidence back at Plymouth,

I''d welcome him back into a rejuvenated City side rediscovering their

own self-belief.

He needed games (in a side where the fans weren''t on his back from the

first minute) and Worthy made sure he got them. Sensible management

& I''m sure he''ll be recalled if we need him.

[quote user="charlies dad"]Jarrett immediately set about extra training, voluntarily as soon as he got to Plymouth. So why didnt he do that here?[/quote]

Pulis arranged extra training because he did not think JJ was up to it, not JJ looking for it.   The way the player is managed makes a huge difference - it seems we cant get the performance out of JJ and only one person is responsible for that.

OTBC

I''d like some serious answers from the management regarding Jason Jarrett.  Why did we send him out on loan?  He''s obviously not settled into the club.  It can''t be that he''s home sick!  I wouldn''t be surpised if we never saw Jason Jarrett in a Norwich shirt again 

Why do we need Jarrett back - he''s been awful for us - when we''ve got young talent available like Rossi Jarvis? Sorry, I forgot, he''s young and doesn''t do marathon running or clapping.

where as i feel Jason Jarrett will return and play 100 games for us.. Rossi Jarvis will be playing for Darlington next season after Worthington lets yet ANOTER one slip through the net.

jas :)

sadly link you may be right... put the lad in.. how else are we going to gain them experience...  no wait until he is 30 then he may get a go..

I often wonder if svengarli was ever a young player or he started when he was in his late 20s

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="charlies dad"]Jarrett immediately set about extra training, voluntarily as soon as he got to Plymouth. So why didnt he do that here?[/quote]

Pulis arranged extra training because he did not think JJ was up to it, not JJ looking for it.   The way the player is managed makes a huge difference - it seems we cant get the performance out of JJ and only one person is responsible for that.

OTBC

[/quote]

yes and that person is JJ, who is very well paid, and contrary to opinion did have chances, his inability to pass the ball 5 yards, pull out of 50/50 challenges, motivate himself, or establish himself in a team with little competition is down to himself as a man / professional although I use both terms loosely

If you are never given a full game and played out of position where is the motivation to perform well in that?  WLYs confidence haswained when it has become clear whether or not he is MOTM heis likely to be dropped and blamed if the result gos the wrong way - and that can only be demotivating.

JJ has only made a handful of appearances for us and started a small proportion of those games.  I agree he has not impressed so far but he clearly should be able to do something for us and the only differentiating factor between us and plymouth is the management team.  Ours make him play like me and for plymouth he has been a match winner against two of the better teams in this league.

OTBC

and well done to Jarrett! he''s right.. its a football club not a marathon/olympic squad.. sure fitness is important but so is tactics, and the ability to play the game.

Well done JJ.. perhaps he might be the answer to our problems after all

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

and well done to Jarrett! he''s right.. its a football club not a marathon/olympic squad.. sure fitness is important but so is tactics, and the ability to play the game.

Well done JJ.. perhaps he might be the answer to our problems after all

[/quote]

yeah with that kind of forward thinking JJ for manager!!

Yet the first thing Pulis does is give JJ more physical training.

If Worthy is ONLY focussing on fitness at the expense of skills (a long ghel belief of mine and many others) why was further fitness training needed for JJ?  What part of training is being done successfully????[8-)]

It seems we can learn and deliver a lot more on the training ground.

I didnt know Jarrett had been put on extra training by Pulis, thought he had asked for more, but even so, I feel that the standard of his performance is down to himself, not Nigel Worthington. The only criticism I have of Worthington re. Jarrett, is why bring him here in the first place? I believe we already had/have better midfielders at the club. I can''t honestly see him coming back. He must be dreading it.

I think players going to Plymouth need extra work to be able to run around for 90 minites wearing those ridiculously long shorts. I suppose they also wear them right down on their loins and with the title on the elastic waistband of their underpants sitting a respectable 4 to 6 inches higher.

Jason Jarrett, don''t get carried away with the illiteration; a name does not make a player.