55 minutes ago, Grando said:

He was immense against Sheff W - and that was a huge point.

He was so immense that he was beaten by a shot from 35 yards (yes, even Allison gets beaten from that distance - and is criticised for it) and was bullied by Fletcher for the second goal which he probably should have claimed. He made two fantastic saves to keep us in the game. And therein lies the problem; one second awesome, the next dreadful.

The fact that we are not allowed to suggest that Krul is not a great goalkeeper on a discussion forum, because that somehow detracts from our support is simply nonsense. He is clearly a huge part of the team and does his best to lead and support his younger teammates, but that doesn't make him a great goalkeeper. He has had good games and he has had poor games, and he has had bad patches in otherwise good games and good patches in otherwise bad games. He has won us points and he has cost us points.

Yet it can't be a coincidence that a great number of both Norwich fans and independent onlookers consider him our weakest link. He just about features in the lower ranks of the stats for the top 10 keepers in the league this year and that simply isn''t solid enough for the PL. Football is ruthless, particularly at PL level. Krul did get better as the season went on, but in terms of dominating his 6 yard box, he is still weak and his positioning is inconsistent which leads to him letting in goals which a better goalkeeper would save.

He has been a fantastic signing, and a massive part of our success this year and I have no doubt he will get to start the season as our first choice goalkeeper. But we need a credible alternative because if he doesn't continue to improve in his weak areas, we will suffer. 

Krul has been a huge influence with bags of experience this season.

However, he does struggle to get down like he used to and there’s a few this season that I think he should have got closer to. I’m not sure the ball at his feet is entirely comfortable for him either.

I’m not sure he’s good enough for the Premier League and I think this is an area we need to improve.

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

He was so immense that he was beaten by a shot from 35 yards (yes, even Allison gets beaten from that distance - and is criticised for it) and was bullied by Fletcher for the second goal which he probably should have claimed. He made two fantastic saves to keep us in the game. And therein lies the problem; one second awesome, the next dreadful.

Whilst I agree with the majority of the rest of your message. This part is rubbish. Neither goal against Wednesday was Krul's fault. He does make mistakes (everyone does), but these were not examples.

• Like 2

Goalkeeper  is a position where we traditionally punch above our weight. Forster, 2 Gunns, Woods, Ruddy, Keelan etc whereas Krul is probably about right for our available resources. 

we want to be careful what we wish for in trying to replace Krul with a younger, fitter model.

Krul has had to cope with a very cavalier defensive strategy this year, acting as more of a sweeper keeper type. Some goalkeepers may have had less errors this season but no doubt they are with sides like Boro who play very rigid, organised and defensive football. Randolph wont have had anywhere near as much to do as Tim Krul. The job Krul has done has been vastly underrated in my opinion. I'm not saying we can't find better, but it would be very hard to.

• Like 2

I put my faith in our management team to set our prioreties for new players.

13 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

we want to be careful what we wish for in trying to replace Krul with a younger, fitter model.

Krul has had to cope with a very cavalier defensive strategy this year, acting as more of a sweeper keeper type. Some goalkeepers may have had less errors this season but no doubt they are with sides like Boro who play very rigid, organised and defensive football. Randolph wont have had anywhere near as much to do as Tim Krul. The job Krul has done has been vastly underrated in my opinion. I'm not saying we can't find better, but it would be very hard to.

Very much this. We won many games this season by one goal and scoring 2 or more. 

Vindaloo football is going to see your GK beaten a few times.