Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Colin's boys starting to choke.

I get a strange feeling that the perennial play off members, Sheffield United, will be competing in this lottery of matches at the end of the season, again.

The teams below them are pretty average so it might be a club some distance behind (like Palace) who puts a strong run together and takes second place.

I also get the feeling that something low, like 76 points, will be enough for second place due to the general inconsistency of this league.

I am in no way suggesting Norwich have a prayer just that Colin will be doing a lot of ranting, referee abusing and FA fine paying before this season is out before finishing something like third, and third place teams tend to do badly in the play offs.

Sheff Utd. will probably compound the situation by being competetive in the FA Cup as usual.

Reading are renowned for this, also. What price Betty Boothroyd''s Boys to finish top?

Glory Hornets and Nanny Elton back in the Prem? Well at least we could follow a team in yellow!

[quote user="Northern Canary"]who is colin?[/quote]

It''s an anagram of Neil Warnock - Colin W...... Can you work it out?

Apparently all the referees call him Colin too!

I get a strange feeling that the perennial play off members, Sheffield United, will be competing in this lottery of matches at the end of the season, again.

The teams below them are pretty average so it might be a club some distance behind (like Palace) who puts a strong run together and takes second place.

I also get the feeling that something low, like 76 points, will be enough for second place due to the general inconsistency of this league.

I am in no way suggesting Norwich have a prayer just that Colin will be doing a lot of ranting, referee abusing and FA fine paying before this season is out before finishing something like third, and third place teams tend to do badly in the play offs.

Sheff Utd. will probably compound the situation by being competetive in the FA Cup as usual.

So, perhaps the ''I want Huckerby and Ashton'' comments were just Colin trying to fire up his team. Why did he feel the need to do this? His team are in second place by a mile. Or is something amiss at ''The Lane?''

Someone, not Norwich, is going to catch Sheffield United. Colin does not know and does not have the mentality to manage success. He is feeling the pressure and yesterday it showed.

Football is a physical game played out in the mind.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]For the benefit of the half dozen or so people who don''t know Colin W***** is an anagram of Neil Warnock.[/quote]

Ahhh! Makes sense now...I couldn''t work out why, in the match thread you said Worthy would shut Colin up.....what had our right back done to get Worthy to do that?!?!!! [:^)]
I''ve clearly been gone too long - which reminds me..are you a relative newbie (since September) or are you someone else in disguise?

I am a newbie on message boards but have been following the Canaries all my life. Didn''t realise until recently how much fun this is...surely no-one takes it too seriously: it is just an outlet and I personally prefer it to any of the ''official columns'' for an enjoyable read. Well done to all contributors, including those who take themselves too seriously, and happy New Year to us all.