Sign in to follow this  
Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People

Start of the season

Come Sunday another season will have been completed. The Premiership beckons. Very few of us would have predicted the emergence of some exciting academy players coming through and players that many thought were ready for the scrapheap stepping up. 

My question to everyone is. What would your lineup look like going back to the Brum game look like obviously not knowing how pivotal players like Aarons, Godfrey, Steeps have been. 

Mine

Krul

B Marshall   Klose   Hanley    Lewis

Tettey      Leitner

Buendia       Vrancic     Hernandez

Rhodes

1 hour ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Come Sunday another season will have been completed. The Premiership beckons. Very few of us would have predicted the emergence of some exciting academy players coming through and players that many thought were ready for the scrapheap stepping up. 

My question to everyone is. What would your lineup look like going back to the Brum game look like obviously not knowing how pivotal players like Aarons, Godfrey, Steeps have been. 

Mine

Krul

B Marshall   Klose   Hanley    Lewis

Tettey      Leitner

Buendia       Vrancic     Hernandez

Rhodes

Do you mean the team for the Birmingham game, or our strongest XI in general at the start of the season?

Assuming it's the latter, I'd probably say my strongest team would've been:

Krul; Pinto, Klose, Hanley, Lewis; Leitner, Tettey; Buendia, McLean, Hernandez; Rhodes.

Although we knew McLean was going to be out for a while, so I'd either put in Vrancic as a direct replacement, or I'd put Trybull alongside Tettey and move Leitner forward.

If you look back at the highlights you will see that our back four was Husband, Klose, Hanley and Marshall, with Pukki as the no 10.

Then it changed to Lewis, Klose, Hanley and Pinto. Our season really didn't get going until Zimmerman, Aarons, Buendia and Stieperman came in and Pukki moved up top. The rest , as they say, is history.