Sign in to follow this  
morty

Moaners

well... u all know my stance on worthy etc.. and it hasnt changed...

but he did get it right yesterday and we played well... now the test comes if we can keep it going

jas :)

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]anyone who moans at the moaners is no better than the moaners who started the moaning in the first place!

I agree, moaning for the sake of moaning is negative.

However, constructive criticism is relatively positive and i''m sure worthy would like to hear the truth rather than flattery.

The fans have delivered their opinions in recent weeks, now its down to him to prove people wrong, and if he does it then good luck to him because he will have deserved it

[/quote]

Are you moaning at me for moaning about the moaners? Hee hee

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I never thought I''d say this, but I have to agree with Morty on this.

With sincere apologies to my WO friends.

[/quote]

It must be Christmas if Wiz is agreeing with me now!!!

[quote user="ridgeman"]I just hope you are equally satisfied when you purchase other substandard products because what we have watched so far this season and most of last is substandard yesterday proved it.[/quote]

Well mate if you don''t like the product then don''t buy it again. I''m sure there are similar products on offer elsewhere if this one isn''t to your liking.

Ok ridgeman, looking at most of last season and all of this one so far with a broad green and yellow brush I agree, we have been a fair bit less than we might have been. But hey, we won yesterday, Ash ended his 10 game drought in fine style, and personally I gotta say I''m well chuffed we won at all after the now traditional go behind almost as soon as kick off start to the game. And given that Flem was playing, pleasantly surprised. Cynical me felt less than hopeful with the unzippy Flem coming in for the vacated Davenport place, and for some reason my abiding memory from the Sheff Wed game (there weren''t many competing ones in that sorry performance) is early on when they played a routine forward ball and there was Flem already trailing the pesky rotund object not to mention the Sheff Wed bod by a distance. Of course I was bamboozled at why Flem was playing at right back to begin with but there we go.

So while this time we haven''t exactly gone top of the league at Pratman Road in our last  pre-xmas game, I reckon things are looking as promising as, no cancel that, better than they''ve looked since before the season started. Dean scoring goals, three goals for City in a single game!, Leon back, Squiz in form.......OTBC, and off we go to Sheff Utd to make it three wins out of three - of course I''m not joking, why not win up there?

Morty - this is my first visit to the Message Board today, so I''ll respond to the query. I took issue with you because you you inferred that Worthy was some sort of tactical genius because we beat an absolutely dire Saints team. I think that DDIM summed it up well when he posted "2 games doesn''t make up for the rubbish Worthington has made us put up with this season." It was great to win yesterday but I believe Worthington is not the man to take us back up again; if I''m wrong then I''ll gladly admit it and eat platefuls of humble pie.

However, we''re talking about a man who, this season, has brought players like Jarrett, Hughes, Etuhu and Lisbie to the Club, on loan or otherwise. All poor players; what will Worthington do with the money he''s is given from the Ashton sale - it doesn''t bear thinking about?

If, in August, you were told that the team would be in the bottom half of the table at Christmas, would you honestly have been pleased? I don''t think so.   

Apart from the first 15-20 minutes when we were pretty hopeless yet again we finally played like we should have done from the start of the season. For once Worthington seemed to know what he was doing but it will take a fair few more results like yesterdays before I have confidence in him. What is important as that we build on these two results (no matter how poor the opposition were) and try and get a run going. Three very tricky fixtures coming up though so can''t say I''m overly confident that we can get 6-7 points out of the next 3 matches.

[quote user="morty"]Come on then moaners, where are you, let''s be having you!!! [/quote]

Another great addition to pathetic one up manship. Well done.

[quote user="ob1"]

[quote user="morty"]Come on then moaners, where are you, let''s be having you!!! [/quote]

Another great addition to pathetic one up manship. Well done.

[/quote]

Thank you for your contribution to the debate. I guess we''ll have to agree to disagree, I''ll keep my half full cup, you can enjoy your half empty one.

I still believe that Worthy should go. saturday''s performance was a massive improvement but I still think that this is papering over the cracks. Motivation should come from within the current set up and not from a bought in sports phsycologist. This demonstrates that the current management set up cannot get the best from the players. Whilst I did not hear any Worthy out cries I also only heard Delias green and yellow army, no mention of Worthy''s.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

Morty - Don''t talk out of your backside.

When we get beaten by Sheffield United (i.e., a

decent team) next week, will you and Twerp (sorry, Herb) be

so over-excited then?    

[/quote]

You were spectacularly wrong again, I wonder if you''ll have the balls to admit it this time?

If you''re going to get into name calling, try to think up some good ones - the above just makes you seem like a kid.

Well done Worthy and the team!!

I have already said that i have had a change of heart, and said that worthy is the man for the job. Although  i never blamed him, the players werent playing for him so he had to go. But well done worthy, youve turnede it around.

Yep Well Done Paul McVeigh you have saved the job of a manager who didnt want to play you - lets just hope Andy Hughes is out for a long time so you can keep your place in the team.

Thanks WLY for rejuvination our season-  despite the best efforts of our astute manager.

Herb - I am more than willing to accept I got yesterday''s result prediction totally wrong. It was a great win against a good team, so well done to the team and Worthy. However, this does not change my opinion of Worthy, based on the rest of this season (and last season); I still feel that he''s not the man to get us back into the Prem and keep us there. (Again, if I get that wrong, I''ll be the first to admit that I was wrong).  

Paul Rankin - A very astute observation there, Paul, with which I totally agree.

If we are to make the play offs we need to win 16 games out of 21 giving us 48 pts added to the 32 we have giving 80 pts do you really think we can go on that type of run ???

The moans we have is due to the substanded cr@p we watched in the first 22 or so games Worthy was tactically nieve playing players out of position ahead of players who could have done a better job.

Now we cant have Burley ,Worthy is probabley the best option for us so for all our sakes I hope he dont go back to the negative games of pre December keeps pickin his form players resists in selling Deano our one real hope of escaping this division (if we have to sell get rid of Green as we have ampel back up of keepers)

[quote user="ncfcrooferman"]

If we are to make the play offs we need to win 16 games out of 21 giving us 48 pts added to the 32 we have giving 80 pts do you really think we can go on that type of run ???

[/quote]

Well to be honest you only need about 73-75 points most seasons for the play-offs, and probably 70 will do this season as its so open.

Cant believe we are only five points off the play-offs, and people are still trying to convince themselves it cant be done!

Infact ive had a look, if we Beat Burnley tomorrow we will only be three points off the play-offs at most..

i agree - i think worthy has had a nitemare season up untill now and has made lots of mistakes and poor signings.  as burley has gone the obvious replacement is no longer around and we have begun to play a lil better.

a player he does not want to play has helped turn his season.  i still worry the sale of dean ashton could be a killer blow to us.  with a worthy style jonaton johanson coming in to replace him.

worthy is not a great signer of good players look at the ones he admires

Andy Hughes
Linvoy Primus
Jonaton Johanson
etc etc

and the sale of ashton will kill our season look at his affect in all 3 goals yesterday

Bloody hell, i a partly agree with Paul Rankin. i am also worried about how worthy will spend any money from the sale of ashto.

Call me mad, but I''m "keeping the faith" in Ashton too.

The club showed faith in him with a new contract, lets hope he repays

the supporters by giving us ''till the end of the season at least.

In truth, the only advantage to him joining a Prem club in Jan is the slim possibility of getting a late call-up to WC2006.

In reality though, we all know thats not going to happen. Sven is

notorious in sticking with players he knows and I''d say both Defoe and

Vassel would be ahead of Ashton in Sven''s thinking.

Stay with us Deano, we''ll be back where we belong next season! :)

[quote user="ncfcrooferman"]

[/quote]

We are now but three points (Albeit still a few clubs) from the play-offs. Do you think we can go on that type of run to get in there? Are we going to need 15 wins out of 20? Is relegation certain?

4Watford261143
5Crystal Palace241138
6Wolverhampton26938
7Burnley26538
8Luton26338
9Stoke26-437
10Preston25635
11Cardiff26435
12Norwich26-235

Out of the teams above us there arent any teams that have impressed me greatly. Watford are catchable too.

to be honest trent, for this season finishing top 6 is the lowest acceptable point. as you say none of the sides above us look any good really (bar reading) so our position is pretty crap at the moment anyhows.

In the end trent this league was entirely winnable with some good summer signings, and we have had to put up with some terrible decision making from worthy up until this point.

Also I will start gloating about norwich WHEN we are in the top 6 not when we have played 26 games are 12th in the league and have a negative goal difference with the likelyhood being that our star striker is going to leave.

Well nowhere was I gloating, having been a Worthy outer.

Was just pointing out to those people that still believe the play-offs are out of reach that it is very possible. Also just pointing it out to those people that kept saying how we are definitely going to get relegated (Wiz I hope your saving up for that tenner!), how league one beckoned, and other hysterical rubbish such as that.

Having been a Worthy outer (although having declared that a bit later than most), I dont see how I could be gloating?! But nevermind...