Sign in to follow this  
morty

Moaners

They''re all busy eating extra-large helpings of humble pie.

Or drowning their sorrows at our victory (you KNOW who you are!)

[quote user="Herb"]
[/quote]

Depends, the posts are coming through a bit slow tonight, so they may be lost in the queue. But perhaps they are just upset because we won. Ive been a worthy outer recently, but I can recognize a good performance and give credit where its due.

Oh right, just because we have won two games on the trot everything in the garden is rosy. We are STILL way off the position we should be, I don''t want to hear any comparisons with Southampton or Crystal Palace because all I care about is us. Of course I hope we can build on these wins and climb up the table because that is what any fan wants, nothing would please me more than you being able to say "I told you so" as we celebrate promotion at the end of this season. I just dont think that will happen, I still have the same grave doubts about NW (yes, I am a Worthy outer) I have had for 18 months, two wins on the trot will not change that any more than the win against Man Utd last year changed it.

I am though basking in our victory because I live down by Pompey and my daughters boyfriend is a Southampton fan !!!!!!!!!

Mark .Y.

morty im not moaning but why oh why cant we play like we did second half every week ????

if we did that I sure there would be few people on here moaning but 45 minutes dont make a season does it ???

the points from games played don`t lie does it unless the table is wrong we are still in 13 place which with players we have got is not good enough

If this run continues over Christmas and into the New Year no one will be more happy than me but will this happen only time will tell !!!!!

at least we can all have a little smile this week leading into Christmas :)))

Yep, it was great to be there today.

Difficult for anyone to argue now that either a) Worthy has lost the dressing room or b) Worthy has destroyed Ashton.

True, we''re not out of the woods yet and it will take several weeks of good results to recover a decent league position and put us in with a shout of the playoffs, but you can''t argue that the players are not responding to Worthy....

Two interesting things today: the fact that the Saints fans were not behind their team, and were criticised DURING the game by one of their players. And now, the three relegated teams are toghether in 11th, 12th and 13th positions.

[quote user="Herb"]They''re all busy eating extra-large helpings of humble pie.

[/quote]

I assume you mean me Herb?, firstly I''m dead chuffed City won, why shouldn''t I be?, and it is the best I''ve seen them play all season so far (not hard) Secondly, I still don''t like Worthy okay?.

I will agree the team and manager did well today, but two straight wins doesn''t change my opinion on NW, hell, five straight wins wouldn''t either!.

Although six might start me thinking a bit![;)], and being close to promotion would also help, neither are in sight yet, but, all these things are irrelevent, I, like you and 24,000 others, no doubt are just relieved City won again, and pleased Deano at last answered his critics, its a pity Worthy''s has virtually said publicly ''come and get him''!.

Never ever assume I''m too cowardly to stand up for what I believe to be true, or will hide (like many of the KTFers have) when City DO win, its not my style, today City won, and I''m really happy, just live with that matey, happy Christmas to all!.

Did anyone see what kicked off the whole incident with the player and the fans? I think it was Prutton, and from evidence of his verbal assault on that referee last season he is clearly a headcase. But I still didnt see what started it. but as you say, their fans were very quiet.

I have every right to be "smug" as you put it, just how smug would all you worthy outers have been if we''d lost today?

[quote user="morty"]I have every right to be "smug" as you put it, just how smug would all you worthy outers have been if we''d lost today?[/quote]

But would we have taken the p**s out of you Morty? No.  I think it''s very short sighted of you to get on the moral highground after just two good results.  We''ve put up with crap for 3 months.  A week won''t make me change my mind

That display is what we are entitled to expect for the money paid out on players.

It is what Worthington is entitled to expect too, I am amazed he put up with the rubbish for so long.

If this is what we are truly capable of then I am furious that we have allowed so much of the season to get away that we find ourselves underacheiving and liable to lose players as we have no good expectations of promotion.

Well done to Worthy and his team but where the hell have you been?

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]

[quote user="morty"]I have every right to be "smug" as you put it, just how smug would all you worthy outers have been if we''d lost today?[/quote]

But would we have taken the p**s out of you Morty? No.  I think it''s very short sighted of you to get on the moral highground after just two good results.  We''ve put up with crap for 3 months.  A week won''t make me change my mind

[/quote]

I didn''t realise I was taking the p*ss out of you DD. And I can''t really understand "so called" fans being unable to enjoy their team playing well and winning, then getting all hissy because Worthington may be starting to prove them wrong!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I assume you mean me Herb?, firstly I''m

dead chuffed City won, why shouldn''t I be?, and it is the best

I''ve seen them play all season so far (not hard) Secondly, I still

don''t like Worthy okay?.[/quote]

Not you in isolation, anyone who stoops so low as to hope our opponents win.

I don''t care if you like Worthy or not, theres a big difference between that and hoping we lose.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Herb"]They''re all busy eating extra-large helpings of humble pie.

[/quote]

I assume you mean me Herb?, firstly I''m dead chuffed City won, why shouldn''t I be?, and it is the best I''ve seen them play all season so far (not hard) Secondly, I still don''t like Worthy okay?.

I will agree the team and manager did well today, but two straight wins doesn''t change my opinion on NW, hell, five straight wins wouldn''t either!.

Although six might start me thinking a bit![;)], and being close to promotion would also help, neither are in sight yet, but, all these things are irrelevent, I, like you and 24,000 others, no doubt are just relieved City won again, and pleased Deano at last answered his critics, its a pity Worthy''s has virtually said publicly ''come and get him''!.

Never ever assume I''m too cowardly to stand up for what I believe to be true, or will hide (like many of the KTFers have) when City DO win, its not my style, today City won, and I''m really happy, just live with that matey, happy Christmas to all!.

[/quote]

Have you forgotten already Wiz ?    your hex on Soton ??   well ,   it bleeding worked for a change !   now get a grip on  Sheff U   .....

...well done chaps! As an interested bystander can I just say this - you both care passionately about NCFC - enough said! Say what you think - that''s why we read these forums instead of match-day programmes. A team under no pressure to perform from those who care just ticks over and well, ends up struggling - so keep the heat up, kep the pressure on and just, maybe just, we''re round the corner and on the march - OTBC!!!

1st Wizard wrote "I''m dead chuffed City won today, why shouldn''t I be?"

Erm....maybe because you have been suggesting, ad nauseam, that City losing would be welcome because it would contribute to Worthington getting the sack.  

Morty - Don''t talk out of your backside. We''ve won a massive two matches in a row - wow! The first against the team next to bottom and today against a manager-less and desperately poor Saints team. I can''t believe that people are getting excited about a 2-game winning streak!

Have you forgotten the crap that''s been served up in many of our other performances this season? How about Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday, Millwall and Derby over these past few weeks. When we get beaten by Sheffield United (i.e., a decent team) next week, will you and Twerp (sorry, Herb) be so over-excited then?     

The lads won today in spite of Worthington, not because of him. Being 13th in the League at this stage of the season is not something to be proud of; the sooner we get rid of Worthington, the better.   

Silly question I know, but what will you do if we win the next two games? If you are still saying "get rid of worthy" then it will look like tour opinion is based on a personal dislike and not on what is good for the club. (it looks a bit like it now I M O.)Devil [6] but everyone is entitled to their own views on what is best for the club (are''nt they?)Embarrassed [:$]

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

Morty - Don''t talk out of your backside. We''ve won a massive two matches in a row - wow! The first against the team next to bottom and today against a manager-less and desperately poor Saints team. I can''t believe that people are getting excited about a 2-game winning streak!

Have you forgotten the crap that''s been served up in many of our other performances this season? How about Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday, Millwall and Derby over these past few weeks. When we get beaten by Sheffield United (i.e., a decent team) next week, will you and Twerp (sorry, Herb) be so over-excited then?     

The lads won today in spite of Worthington, not because of him. Being 13th in the League at this stage of the season is not something to be proud of; the sooner we get rid of Worthington, the better.   

[/quote]

So then link, how many games do we have to win before you give the team or the manager just a little bit of credit for a job well done? I don''t know if you were at the match today but what I saw at Carrow Road was 1000% better than anything else I''ve seen there this season. Looking at the passion the players played with it''s obvious that they are working hard for each other and, more importantly, working hard for the manager, and if they can continue to apply such hard work I think we''ll win a lot more games.

I''m not getting carried away or even "talking out of my backside" as you put it, what I saw today was football in the style of the promotion winning season, slick passing and pacey attacking footy. If it wasn''t for the saint''s keeper playing a blinder it could have been 6. I left FCR with a smile on my face yesterday which, in spite of the moaning minnies on here, is a good thing I think. You stay in your doom and gloom mate, I''ll enjoy the win and hopefully an upturn in fortunes for my team.   

"So then link, how many games do we have to win before you give the team or the manager just a little bit of credit for a job well done? "

A hell of a lot more than 2 Morty!  3 months of rubbish Vs 2 games?  Doesn''t quite add up does it

"The lads won today in spite of Worthington, not because of him. Being 13th in the League at this stage of the season is not something to be proud of; the sooner we get rid of Worthington, the better.  "

So when we lose its down to Worthington, but when we win it has nothing to do with him....

Link, from what I can remember you have continuously been running on about not living in the past. This seems to apply when it suited your case, but for now it seems as though the team has it together quite well and, whilst I agree this proves nothing, why not try following your own advice and live in the present. Less of the "Have you forgottens" that you seemed so opposed to when people were simply trying to mention that Worthington has actually done a lot for this club. For me, the jury is still out on Worthington, there is still a lot to prove before I''m satisfied, but to say that the players won yesterday in spite of Worthington seems absolutely groundless!   (and pointless)

[quote user="morty"]If you don''t like it DD go support another team, key word here being Support![/quote]

Excuse me?  Becuase I dare to criticise the team when they play badly and praise them when they play well, I''m suddenly a bad supporter?  All I''m saying is that you shouldn''t say all the worthy outers are wrong after 2 good results.  Yes I''m delighted we won and if we carry on I''ll be more than happy.  But 2 games doesn''t make up for the rubbish Worthington has made us put up with this season.

anyone who moans at the moaners is no better than the moaners who started the moaning in the first place!

I agree, moaning for the sake of moaning is negative.

However, constructive criticism is relatively positive and i''m sure worthy would like to hear the truth rather than flattery.

The fans have delivered their opinions in recent weeks, now its down to

him to prove people wrong, and if he does it then good luck to him

because he will have deserved it