Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Come on Ipswich Town - We're Waiting!

I'm assuming that the delay in Ipswich doing the same thing is because Paul Lambert is currently working on the congratulations speech which he is going to personally deliver from on the pitch at the Wes/Russ testimonial.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It might be the Sheffield clubs belong to the same city

whereas our neighbor aren't a city and not even from the same county - why would they be congratulating us or us sympathizing with them

I don't really understand the OP

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, The Great Drinkell said:

whereas our neighbor aren't a city and not even from the same county - why would they be congratulating us or us sympathizing with them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humour

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Great Drinkell said:

Whoosh.........

Did City put a statement on the website to congratulate L1pswich when they were last promoted.

Actually, did clubs have websites then … ?

Did the internet even exist ?

Perhaps a statement could have been put out on the wireless.... or we could have sent them a telegram maybe.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I'm assuming that the delay in Ipswich doing the same thing is because Paul Lambert is currently working on the congratulations speech which he is going to personally deliver from on the pitch at the Wes/Russ testimonial.

I expect he will be on the balcony of the City Hall next Monday to receive congratulations for his sterling work this season.

well done Paul, couldn't have asked for better😀.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I expect he will be on the balcony of the City Hall next Monday to receive congratulations for his sterling work this season.

well done Paul, couldn't have asked for better😀.

You are not often wrong Ricardo (o). However ,the one part of his mission that he failed to complete was taking points off Sheffield Utd the other week. I also understand how difficult it must have been for him to get a team , no matter how poor they are , to perform as miserably as they have since his arrival, he stuck at it, so well in fact that even he could not get them 'going again' for the SU game.

Them doing us a favour would have been the Cherry on the Icing on the Cake. Sadly he could not get a decent performance out of them.  Maybe he was nervous about being outed as an Agent. Nonetheless, good work Paul, but no Cigar.

6 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I was wondering whether the Binners would offer formal congratulations ? Nope . Instead they congratulate Sheff Utd and Scumbert says Sheff U are the best team they have played all season. Lacking in class doesn’t even come close does it? What a grubby scabby little club. Delighted with 10k season tickets and now they have a “young” team because all of the old rubbish lambert signed to keep them up proved to be useless. 

• Like 1

I think many on here are being very uncharitable towards our impoverished neighbours - rather tha extending the hand of friendship and help.

With the latter in mind perhaps we could organise some sort of collection for them on Monday

A sort of pillow case collection should do it - a couple could walk round the pitch side taking donations *

* no shirt buttons or foreign coins, thank you

42 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I was wondering whether the Binners would offer formal congratulations ? Nope . Instead they congratulate Sheff Utd and Scumbert says Sheff U are the best team they have played all season. Lacking in class doesn’t even come close does it? What a grubby scabby little club. Delighted with 10k season tickets and now they have a “young” team because all of the old rubbish lambert signed to keep them up proved to be useless. 

Hahahahaha. A quick squizz on TWTD tells me Lambert's BS has permeated the ticket office too.

Apparently 10427 season ticket holders is great because they have attracted 1200 new ST holders - ignoring the fact that approx 800 haven't renewed.

They might as well offer buy 1 get two free - it's the only way they'll fill that mausoleum - until our U23s turn up...