Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Jordan Rhodes price tag?

Just been thinking how much Rhodes may be priced at.

We all saw the recent article where discussions will follow 2-3 weeks after the end of the season. Sheff Wednesday noting they have 7 strikers and he is nearer the bottom of that list.

I think we need 2 additional strikers and then morris, idah and srbeny to play for that fourth option, with the players left out to go out on loan.

We need a Pukki style forward, no question. But would Rhodes be that third option for a plan B? I just wonder how much he really is priced at. Yes his wages are the big debate but I wonder where his head is. It could be his last chance at the prem., he would maybe be third choice, or should he go on loan again in the championship, maybe play more and maybe have a club who are able to afford his wages pay them.

While I think Rhodes could potentially want a move here, can we offer him wages that will tempt him? Wednesday will want about £5 million for him, can't see it happening, especially at 29 years old he's just not really the sort of purchase I can imagine us making.

It was noticeable that in the few minutes rhodes has had on the pitch in various matches he has always been there to either score or at least have a very good chance of scoring - so that suggests to me he would be useful in the squad next season. Some of the chances he has missed were probably down to not getting enough game time, but cup games he proved very handy last season and would be next season too.  Worth spending a bit on imo.

• Like 1

I can see that possibly being the only way he will be here Leeds canary.

We know the European market could bring us great value so he is up against our very good scouting network.

He may have a place on the bench here, but he will be in the premier League, he will have a chance.

Sheff wednesday will probably take a lower fee as wages are so high.

I would expect him to be offered lower wages here. So it becomes does he want/love to play for NCFC but know he will be a squad player. Or does he look for another team in the champ who may offer him first team football, who may offer him similar wages to us or even more? Teams such as,bDerby, forest or any of the other big teams in the championship who fail during the play offs

Would be surprised if Wednesday want 5m for a high earner who's not been in their plans, and has one year left to run on their contract.

If we want him, and he wants to come here, it will happen. Weds won’t hold out for too much as they will want him off their books anyway so it will probably be a nominal fee really

I don’t see much point in pushing for this transfer, he’s not got enough in his hold up play to serve us in the prem IMO. Can’t see us spending a few million and high wages on someone who will likely be a plan C at best next season - he is also passed his peak now. Unfortunate as he seems to genuinely love it here!

I would imagine a fee might be around £1 to 1.5m given the length of contract. But even if wide of the mark, more importantly, would we wish to spend 5% and more of our PL budget on Jordan?

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

It was noticeable that in the few minutes rhodes has had on the pitch in various matches he has always been there to either score or at least have a very good chance of scoring - so that suggests to me he would be useful in the squad next season. Some of the chances he has missed were probably down to not getting enough game time, but cup games he proved very handy last season and would be next season too.  Worth spending a bit on imo.

Agree he has looked pretty sharp in the very few minutes playing time he’s had this season but you have to wonder why, at his age, he hasn’t managed to establish himself at a Premier league club ?

The reason is probably that he’s comfortably good enough for Championship level but not Premier. Similar story with Robert Earnshaw and Dwight Gayle.

Harsh fact of life but I think the money could be better spent elsewhere.