Bradwell canary

Daniel and Liverpool connections?

I am hopeful that Daniel has a great relationship with his fellow countryman at Liverpool.

just thinking how good this could be with loan players. There must be some wonderful youngsters there, who may not be ready

for Liverpool’s first team, but could get useful PL experience with us. 

A good goalkeeper for a start could be useful, as I’m so concerned if TK will be as good as we will need. As he could be far more overworked than this year.

i don’t know of many young players there who could benefit from a loan here, but my guess is that many of you will.

if so, and suggestions?

Connections all over the place then. We are awash with connections.

Actually BC I would prefer for us to explore the German market again as it has been wonderful for us.

To admit that we will need Liverpool youngsters to give us a chance next season is an admission of defeat. Them and us again really?

We might surprise next season,we might not.

I personally feel that the present squad is capable enough to be given a chance without being replaced by newcomers, although another striker would be useful.

We would still have the January window to stock up, although avoiding the"Fate worse than death" McNally route would be essential.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Besides we are promised a sensible amount of frugality next season and loans cost a lot nowadays even though they are a temporary fix.

One or two loans, that's all, rather we scouted some of our own. Not interested in developing other Clubs' talent, besides we could surprise a few. If we are relegated, so be it, we'll still have recovered financially and have plenty of assets to move on, plus we would be well placed to 'go again' at the top of the Championship. 

• Like 1

It seemingly didnt allow to jump to the front of the queue with Harry Wilson last summer...but if Liverpool want to send him out on loan to a premier league club next season maybe he could come this way?!?

I don't believe that Daniel and klopp have any kin did a relationship as klopp had left before Daniel arrived, however, I do remember reading that vrancic had a very good relationship having been the best friend of klopp's son and I think he lived with them for a bit as a youth...

Edited by cornish sam
  • Like 1

The only loans I think would want are if we can get a promising young striker to act as cover.

Strikers tend to be the most expensive players and with figures of £20m being talked about for the best young players in the Champ it would make sense to borrow this for yer one if we can.

I've said if before and I'll say it again: Harry Wilson on loan would be one of the best signings we could make, if we can pull it off. Low-cost and high-quality, if only for a season. 

We all love Hernandez but we certainly need another winger, and one who would be an upgrade in the starting XI if possible, and then we could use Hernandez as an impact sub more than a starter. Wilson would be a great option.

I think I'm right in saying we can only have 2 loans.  For me, they would be Tammy Abraham and Reece James.

15 minutes ago, Woodman said:

I think I'm right in saying we can only have 2 loans.  For me, they would be Tammy Abraham and Reece James.

It's two loans from English clubs, so hypothetically, we could bring in more from overseas (not that we should). Also, it's one per club, so we couldn't get both Abraham and James as they're both from Chelsea.

I think we'd be lucky to get a young striker on loan, because clubs would only loan out a youngster if they're guaranteed playing time, and everyone knows that Pukki is going to be first choice. For that reason, I doubt we'd get Abraham, even though I'd really like him.

8 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It's two loans from English clubs, so hypothetically, we could bring in more from overseas (not that we should).

Webber's described it before as "try before you buy". An overseas loan buffers against paying for a player who might struggle to adapt to the Premiership in his first season (ala RVW) and getting stuck with someone who is ineffectual in the Championship. I believe Spurs said Son didn't want to come, and they had to persuade him to try a short loan first.

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

Webber's described it before as "try before you buy". An overseas loan buffers against paying for a player who might struggle to adapt to the Premiership in his first season (ala RVW) and getting stuck with someone who is ineffectual in the Championship. I believe Spurs said Son didn't want to come, and they had to persuade him to try a short loan first.

Lovely in theory, but clubs don’t tend to let their players go out on loan so the buying club can see if they like them or not. Not a great deal for the selling club really. 

Son was never on loan at Tottenham, he signed a 5 year permanent deal straight away. 

We've a squad of 16 or so players capable and busting for a go next year.   We are looking at other options....   Why help improve other teams players when we have enough of our own already!!!!

No loans I hope. 

• Like 1