Sign in to follow this  
Rivvo

Farke’s ice bucket challenge

Not really an ice bucket challenge but did anyone get any footage of the water bucket being emptied over his head in the celebrations on Saturday, think Leitner and Hernández were the naughty boys?

Leitner it was I think.

Strange footage too of him running at Tettey who was dancing and waving a flag and doing a scissor challenge chopping at Alex's legs from behind him (Tettey fell but oddly got up and made no reaction to it). It was odd and seemed to my eyes anyway quite weird and out of place. Others on Twitter felt the same.

Os. Also remember Bentley soaking Rednapp after a Spurs game in jest.

He was never picked again afterwards!

3 hours ago, sonyc said:

Leitner it was I think.

Strange footage too of him running at Tettey who was dancing and waving a flag and doing a scissor challenge chopping at Alex's legs from behind him (Tettey fell but oddly got up and made no reaction to it). It was odd and seemed to my eyes anyway quite weird and out of place. Others on Twitter felt the same.

Yes but you don't know if that's some kind of running joke/prank they have in training.

7 hours ago, Rivvo said:

Any footage of it anywhere you’ve seen Sonyc?

I saw some stills on Twitter, pretty sure it was the Pink Un account

7 hours ago, Rivvo said:

Any footage of it anywhere you’ve seen Sonyc?

Sorry Rivvo. I've looked on Twitter but there were so many videos posted. But there were concerned replies about it (two footed lunge) and of course it could have been their little joke K Lo. Yet, it was weird in that Alex just ignored it and didn't even look at Mo. It was the one thing that stuck in my mind as being out of context somehow. Perhaps just jubilation and high emotions. It was the run of 20/30 yards from behind him and intention that was just really odd.

I bet someone will have seen on here.

Edited by sonyc

Really sony? I thought it was pretty funny and clearly just a bit of banter. Leitner slid infront of Tettey to trip him over, he didn’t go straight through him.. so two footed lunge is quite an exaggeration imo. I’m surprised others saw it like that to?! Perhaps you had a different angle to what I saw but the tackle was a safe distance infront of Tettey.

I’ve definitely had been on the receiving end of such stupidity and done a few times when footy training etc and can only imagine it’s far more common place amongst professional footballers. Not to mention 27k fans watching and everyone on a massive buzz as well!

Did you see Hernandez and Lewis play fighting too? Or Hanley pinning Passlack to the ground? Clearly just friendly messing about all round! 

Photos don’t want to work on my phone, but here’s the photos put up by the club’s twitter account; 

I think Tettey’s face serves as plenty enough proof here!

Here’s one that would’ve justified some more debate..

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Really sony? I thought it was pretty funny and clearly just a bit of banter. Leitner slid infront of Tettey to trip him over, he didn’t go straight through him.. so two footed lunge is quite an exaggeration imo. I’m surprised others saw it like that to?! Perhaps you had a different angle to what I saw but the tackle was a safe distance infront of Tettey.

I’ve definitely had been on the receiving end of such stupidity and done a few times when footy training etc and can only imagine it’s far more common place amongst professional footballers. Not to mention 27k fans watching and everyone on a massive buzz as well!

Did you see Hernandez and Lewis play fighting too? Or Hanley pinning Passlack to the ground? Clearly just friendly messing about all round! 

I really hope so Hank. I think some players were just so excited and some didn't know what to do with themselves. The link I saw was definitely from behind and Alex didn't see it coming. But I'm sure this kind of thing happens at the training ground.

Those photos look better than the video and the angle from which it was taken! Thanks for posting. 

The Leitner challenge is something they've done before - I think it was done to him (by Stiepermann?) after he scored earlier this season.  It's definitely a weird way of celebrating!

Leitner/Tettey 20  yards or so from me, thought it was really dangerous if that is a normal training prank.

Not necessarily on here but lots of talk on Facebook and from people that thought Leitner seemed more subdued and not interested in the celebrations. I didn’t see that at all, seemed as happy as anyone and as mentioned had some banter with Tettey and, along with Hernandez soaked Farke (who took it well, though he had to as Sky were watching!)

24 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Not necessarily on here but lots of talk on Facebook and from people that thought Leitner seemed more subdued and not interested in the celebrations. I didn’t see that at all, seemed as happy as anyone and as mentioned had some banter with Tettey and, along with Hernandez soaked Farke (who took it well, though he had to as Sky were watching!)

I agree - people seem to be making out that Leitner isn't happy for some reason.

1 minute ago, Woodman said:

I agree - people seem to be making out that Leitner isn't happy for some reason.

Stems from the hoarding kicking incident which obviously means he hates Norwich, his team mates and all staff. I think he’ll be a big part of the team next season

Someone said to me that Tettey did it to him earlier on, but can’t say I saw anything myself

13 hours ago, Rivvo said:

Not really an ice bucket challenge but did anyone get any footage of the water bucket being emptied over his head in the celebrations on Saturday, think Leitner and Hernández were the naughty boys?

They showed it on yesterday evening’s Anglia News which must have been the Sky footage someone mentioned in this thread. Totally soaked.

At least he remembered to leave his Farke Parka in the dugout

2 hours ago, Woodman said:

The Leitner challenge is something they've done before - I think it was done to him (by Stiepermann?) after he scored earlier this season.  It's definitely a weird way of celebrating!

I remember both Steipermann and Godfrey dragging him to the ground after goals at Ipswich and against Millwall. Clearly friendly banter.

I didn't think anything of it live, certainly Tettey didn't react as if it was anything out of the ordinary. Perhaps it's something they do in training to each other?

I was more concerned by Kenny's sliding tackle on one of the little kids (his own?) - fortunately he timed it to perfection!

On 30/04/2019 at 00:01, sonyc said:

Leitner it was I think.

He wants to make sure he starts away at villa on Sunday 😂, only light hearted banter

Saw it at the time and thought it was hilarious, as did Tettey. It wasn't two footed or even a scissor tackle, he just ran at him from behind and tripped him up by sliding in front of his as he moved forward. Didn't you guys have playgrounds at high school?