Sign in to follow this  
SudanOne

Too late?

Is it too late for NCFC to mount a playoff push?

With or without Worthless does anyone see it possible that (being only 9 points off) we could still make it into the playoffs, be form team etc etc

I ask out of desperation of course, and because for me this is the only season we stand a chance of getting back into the prem.

A managerial upheaval looks like the only possible catalyst for change and it''s impossible to see the current team playing with any desire from now.

It’s one thing to be fighting tooth and nail to avoid relegation, it’s another (and entirely depressing) thing entirely to watch your team resign themselves miserably and slide towards their own demise.

Long and short... Nige has done all he was ever capable of; let''s (1 year too late) see him out the door and move on. Quickly.

Yes - we have too many defeats to be able to close that gap now.  Mathematically possible but simply a step too far now.

OTBC 

9 points is quite an achievable amount when you consider how many points are still to play for.  With Worthy at the helm though I just cannot see it happening.  I had the misfortune to be at Derby and I can''t recall seeing anything that gave me the slightest hope that things will improve under his "leadership".

No!With a new manager anything is possible, we need new ideas and a return to playing good football. If stale old worthy stays then we are up s!*t creek without a paddle!

I''d like to think its possible, but i think we should get out of this relegation battle before we start dreaming of wembley

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Yes - we have too many defeats to be able to close that gap now.  Mathematically possible but simply a step too far now.

OTBC 

[/quote]

We are not even half way into the season yet, and even with our pathetic form we are still only 9pts from 6th place.  The idea that this is too big a gap to make up is laughable - even with 10 games to go sides can make up that kind of gap, let alone with 24 games remaining. Anyone who thinks it is impossible with 72pts still to play is too pessimistic for words!!!!

Don''t see why we can''t look at Palace last year however it would involve a 1000%  improvement in team performances because going on as we are and we will be relegated.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

OTBC 

[/quote]

We are not even half way into the season yet, and even with our pathetic form we are still only 9pts from 6th place.  The idea that this is too big a gap to make up is laughable - even with 10 games to go sides can make up that kind of gap, let alone with 24 games remaining. Anyone who thinks it is impossible with 72pts still to play is too pessimistic for words!!!!

[/quote]

Hi Branston

It does seem ultra pessimistic but in 10 years only 1 teams has made the play offs with 15 defeats - the majority have 12-13.  We already have 11 and I find it inconceivable that the team will go the next 24 games unbeaten or losing a max of 4 when current form is one defeat every other game. 

From dire to championship winning form in a week or so without a managerial change simply does not happen. Sunderlands surge up the table was well under way by now and Palace already had an immediate improvement in November but only after appointing a new manager, something that is not on the cards here for several weeks at the earliest.  

Of course it is possibile but lightening does not strike twice and im my view whilst there is everything to play for - you rightly point out 72 points is a hell of a lot - there is nothing from the board, manager or players to suggest they are anywhere near able to produce such a transformation in the next couple of weeks. 

My opinion was a judgement based on form and historical facts - not just a pessimistic punt...  I will happily eat Niges old trainers if he can prove me wrong...

OTBC