Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Felix Passlack

I would presume he’ll be on his way back to Dortmund soon, but personally I wouldn’t mind seeing him sign as cover at right back (and further forward should needs must). His game time has been completely shut off by the emergence of Aarons and so he’s not really had much chance to shine. But, when I watched him at Bournemouth earlier this season, I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch, he really shone. He struck me as a player that certainly has the quality and style to play in the Premier League should he be needed, or get his foot in the door. I’m sure I will get many disagree, but hey ho, it’s a forum and that’s what it’s all about! Jurgen Klopp was an apparent fan, and he still has plenty of time on his side. Yes or no?

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I would presume he’ll be on his way back to Dortmund soon, but personally I wouldn’t mind seeing him sign as cover at right back (and further forward should needs must). His game time has been completely shut off by the emergence of Aarons and so he’s not really had much chance to shine. But, when I watched him at Bournemouth earlier this season, I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch, he really shone. He struck me as a player that certainly has the quality and style to play in the Premier League should he be needed, or get his foot in the door. I’m sure I will get many disagree, but hey ho, it’s a forum and that’s what it’s all about! Jurgen Klopp was an apparent fan, and he still has plenty of time on his side. Yes or no?

Very much stay, he’s a talent and was a little unlucky to just how quick Aaron’s developed. Should these Spurs rumours be right and they make a daft offer for Aaron’s then he’s the ideal replacement having been here all season and knows the club area and players.

Hope we keep him here either on loan or buy him.

Totally agree, Indy. Having just watched the celebrations however, he looks like a player that might already know his fate, he was celebrating with the best of them so maybe it’s a promising sign?

Didn't Mo Leitner sign for us under similar circumstances? Came on loan didn't play much at first then signed and in the squad.

Edited by wcorkcanary

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

If you are looking for a good reason to keep Passlack here in Norwich.....😜

image.png.dee9c98a7fd9346e4d699c06edb42588.png

I’ve run out of ‘likes’, John, but that thread the other day cracked me up mate 👍

And wcorkcanary - a very good point indeed! You could tell from the celebrations that Ivo was delighted for NCFC but at the the same time I couldn’t help but feel he knew this was his final time on the Carrow Rd pitch. And he’s been a great servant for us, and will always have my utmost respect for his happy cheery attitude to all things yellow and green - top man! 👍🏆

5 minutes ago, Molly Windley said:

Too short at 5`6" to play right back, I think he could possibly play right mid but we have not seen enough of him to judge.

And what would you say about 8’6’’ Aarons performances at RB this season, Molly?

If he's good enough he's tall enough. Phil Lahm was one of the best fullbacks in recent history and he was about that height.

Can't really see it myself but I suppose it could happen, I didn't see us signing Mo Leitner on a full contract either.

We've used 3 different right backs over him this season. Surely if he was actually good enough at this level let alone Premier League he'd have made something of an impact?

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Very much stay, he’s a talent and was a little unlucky to just how quick Aaron’s developed. Should these Spurs rumours be right and they make a daft offer for Aaron’s then he’s the ideal replacement having been here all season and knows the club area and players.

Hope we keep him here either on loan or buy him.

Hope thats not the case, is this more mischievous paper talk or is there something more that someone knows?

Both Pinto and Marshall played very early on in the season though, a lot could have changed since then. Not to mention the league we'll be playing in is very different.

It's hard to judge but I would think he was next in line to play right back as he did make more appearances on the bench than Ivo. Passlack has also played in a number of development and cup games which would indicate that. Maybe.

Weren't there some ITKs on here saying that we kept him here against Dortmund's will over the second half of last season? If that was true I wonder if they'd even want to sell him to us.

Edited by KeiranShikari

41 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Hope thats not the case, is this more mischievous paper talk or is there something more that someone knows?

Think it is background noise to Aarons negotiating a new contract with Norwich. I can’t see a ‘big 6’ team moving for Aarons yet. 

Wan-Bissaka is going to be the right back of choice for clubs at the top of the Premier League. Once he is sold then there might be some who consider Aarons, but he won’t have done enough yet to convince them to part with the huge sum of money that will be needed to get him out of Norwich. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Think it is background noise to Aarons negotiating a new contract with Norwich. I can’t see a ‘big 6’ team moving for Aarons yet. 

Wan-Bissaka is going to be the right back of choice for clubs at the top of the Premier League. Once he is sold then there might be some who consider Aarons, but he won’t have done enough yet to convince them to part with the huge sum of money that will be needed to get him out of Norwich. 

👍

He looks smaller than 5.6 sure he didn't have Miss Pouts high heels on.

On his way out I think

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

And what would you say about 8’6’’ Aarons performances at RB this season, Molly?

I would say, if he's that tall, how come we haven't conceded less from set-pieces?

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

I would say that Aarons who is 5`10" was excellent at right back and makes up for his slight lack of height by being very adept at levering opposition players away from crosses. He has been targeted on occassions by tall centre forwards pulling away to the back post but has overall coped very well with that tactic.

Passlack is supposed to be very highly rated, although haven't really seen enough of him personally to judge. In the games I saw him play, he looked composed and very quick going forward, but a bit lightweight defensively. Certainly don't think he's quite at the level Aaron's has somehow managed to reach this season! With regards to signing him up, he wouldn't be here if Farke didn't see something in him I'm sure

Regarding Passlack's defensive ability and his size, it's worth noting that he isn't a natural right back. He was the captain of Germany Under-17s and scored seven goals in 20 caps as a winger, and that's where he played for Dortmund's youth teams, but on arrival in the senior squad they seemed determined to turn him into an attacking right back. He's still only 20 so surely there's a lot more to come from him, regardless of where he ends up- in terms of both club and position.

2 hours ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

I would say, if he's that tall, how come we haven't conceded less from set-pieces?

Exactly, it’s a flaming disgrace Slim!

2 hours ago, Molly Windley said:

I would say that Aarons who is 5`10" was excellent at right back and makes up for his slight lack of height by being very adept at levering opposition players away from crosses. He has been targeted on occassions by tall centre forwards pulling away to the back post but has overall coped very well with that tactic.

Are you sure he’s 5’10’’, Molly? Happy to be corrected, but I was stood near him earlier this season and he looked tiny compared to me - I’m bang on 6’. I think he’s a similar height to Felix, but I could well be wrong. Regardless, I think Max’s strengths have been his positioning, work rate, technical ability with his feet, and reading of the game rather his aerial defensive duties. It’s the central defenders that I always associate with height and regard this as very important to being successful in such a position, the right and left backs not so much.

*lots of men typing at a screen talking to other men about how a few centimetres matter. (sniggers) 

Edited by spencer 1970