TIL 1010

Beyond Ridiculous.

As I said before, John - he’s basically Princess Diana in a football shirt. Something very unlikeable about him...

Just now, Alex Moss said:

As I said before, John - he’s basically Princess Diana in a football shirt. Something very unlikeable about him...

Except people actually liked Diana...

2 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Except people actually liked Diana...

Yes, I didn’t mean that to be the unlikeable part, Bob 😉

I’m convinced they have the same hairdresser though.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

It's so embarrassing to see someone do that.  It makes me wonder whether they can punish him retrospectively ?

I hope they rescind El-Ghazi's red and he comes back to haunt Leeds in a play off game.

Ha! God Leeds are an embarrassment!

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Yes, I didn’t mean that to be the unlikeable part, Bob 😉

I’m convinced they have the same hairdresser though.

Well his actions were like a candle in the wind..

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

It's so embarrassing to see someone do that.  It makes me wonder whether they can punish him retrospectively ?

I would’ve thought it comes under the same category as Gayle getting a two match ban for diving to win a penalty, i.e. successful deception of a match official.

Just now, Northluck C said:

I would’ve thought it comes under the same category as Gayle getting a two match ban for diving to win a penalty, i.e. successful deception of a match official.

Absolutely this, if they don't punish him it'll be an obscene miscarriage of justice.

Unless you're a Leeds fan, in which case if they do punish him it'll be an obscene miscarriage of justice.

Reminded me of Rivaldo's hideous cheating in the World Cup (2002?) – which, I believe, also got him a two-game ban.

Dean Smith did say he respected Bielsa but not Bamford.

This is a blight on the game. The will to win is good but I cannot accept that the end justifies the means in this unsavoury episode. As in life, punishments are iniquitous and something needs to be done by the FA.

How footballers are that thick that  they think they can get away with this sort of thing when there are so many cameras around, I don't know.  Bamford is on course for ruining his career with the way he behaves, yesterday he committed two offences - wrestling with the Villa player from behind which was worthy of a yellow, then going down like he did another yellow. Justice would be rescinding El Ghazi's red and giving it to Bamford so he misses the games El Ghazi would have done.

• Like 1

On a similar note, Maddison needs to be careful. Getting a poor reputation. Was poor play to dive to get MN sent off yesterday and has shown he hasn’t learned from his earlier dive in the season

• Like 2