pete

In good hands its questionable

Apparently for the second time in last 10 years City were on the brink of administration in the summer of 2018.  The first being in 2009 when relegated to Div 1, Maddison sale meant administration was avoided.  Now with PL money perhaps won't fear administration for a couple of seasons.  How did the Board allow the club to get into this parlous financial state. In last 10 years we have had 4 seasons of PL money and 3 of parachute payments.  Webber has stated "money has been p****ed up the wall, can they be trusted not to do the same again?  Webber will not be here forever and The Delia financial management structure will again take us to the brink unless lessons previously unlearnt are learned.

We have a second messiah to save the club who has worked miracles on a shoestring. Need to ensure he is not as profligate as a Hughton or a Neil.  I am sure Danniel will be prudent Webber will expect nothing less.  Its after the eventual relegation which hopefully will be more than one season and the resultant fire sale of our starlets when we will be back in the Champs under the ineffective management of a Roeder type that the finances will ebb away.  And we look into the abyss of administration is mooted again.  Delia et all surely cannot find another messiah to come to our rescue in 3 or 4 years time.

Its about time the club learned to manage and budget finances in a prudent manner.  Can we expect this it is unlikely based on previous experience maybe time to get a proper financial brain on the Board the Leicester kind of guy.

Farke and Webber will go onto better things and leave these clowns to blow the money on what they see as magic beans.  No worries next season but what happens next!    

A man with an axe to grind.

It's only football for goodness sake.

It seems to consume him entirely.

Nonsense logic, btw.

If you really want to talk about the terrible state of a football clubs finances then Norwich City is not the club to pick, there are so many other clubs that are in a poor financial state, our debt has always been manageable and managed. If the OP has not already done so, listen to the interview with Stuart Webber, if you cannot hear a very clear message Pete that lessons have ben learned, our finances will be properly managed and that we will only be buying players that fit into the ethos of the club then I am not sure what else anybody can say to you.........

Keith and now Pete have re-surfaced.

Hmmm.....The best season and one of the most remarkable ones must have it's downsides.

Thank you for raising how questionable it is. 

A world can be experienced as a half glass full or a half glass empty. Which approach you take (it IS a choice) determines how content you are in life. So that's my question back at you. 

The idea we were really close to administration in the summer just doesn't add up in any way shape or form and I'm baffled as to how it has gotten so much traction.

You've got to feel sorry for those posters who for weeks have been hoping we'd fall away from the top two so they could come and post how their prophesies of doom were right.   Now they cant do that they're going through every interview looking for any comment or quote they can twist. 

In the words of the immortal Mr T, I pity the fools! 

There are many resources and people to speak to Pete who can help you with your issues.

Lifeline, Samaritains, even your local GP. Please get some help mate. You clearly need it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

The idea we were really close to administration in the summer just doesn't add up in any way shape or form and I'm baffled as to how it has gotten so much traction.

Classic media exageration. But - if it hadn't been for the sale of Pritchard, Jacob and Maddison I think it would be fair to say we would have been in pretty deep do doos.   But we did sell them so we were never realistically close to administration, but it was a serious position to be in having such financial commitments with so many expensive wages and without the means to sustain them. 

Best thing we ever did was sell our best players.....who'd have thought it.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, capricorn1 said:

You've got to feel sorry for those posters who for weeks have been hoping we'd fall away from the top two so they could come and post how their prophesies of doom were right.   Now they cant do that they're going through every interview looking for any comment or quote they can twist. 

They'll probably enjoy next season though after games against the top 6.  However as long as we do the biz against the other 15, they'll still look stupid.

22 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

They'll probably enjoy next season though after games against the top 6.  However as long as we do the biz against the other 15, they'll still look stupid.

To be perfectly frank, by the time the Premiership starts next season,  no one will even know what supporters of crappy teams like ipswich think about us.

We will be hosting the best teams in the country and unfortunately for the terminally afflicted like them, there will be no time for us to show them compassion or commiseration.  This lack of attention will of course irk them, but that is the affect of success like ours and failures like theirs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete said:

Apparently ... next!    

Dear Esther,

You’re a fat idiot and your show’s a disgrace.

Yours sincerely,

Henry Root, Esq.

Easy to say all that, except generally the expectations of fans is to spend lots of money or you're 'lacking ambition'. Clubs that are financially prudent are a very rare breed and the number of clubs in the Championship that exist on the brink of financial disaster is huge. 

By and large, I think Webber has sold the fans on the prudent approach this season with some phenomenal bargains. Hopefully fans will keep their expectations in check in the Premier League next season, although I'm hopeful we have the quality to survive without going mad on spending. 

2 hours ago, pete said:

Apparently for the second time in last 10 years City were on the brink of administration in the summer of 2018.  The first being in 2009 when relegated to Div 1, Maddison sale meant administration was avoided.  Now with PL money perhaps won't fear administration for a couple of seasons.  How did the Board allow the club to get into this parlous financial state. In last 10 years we have had 4 seasons of PL money and 3 of parachute payments.  Webber has stated "money has been p****ed up the wall, can they be trusted not to do the same again?  Webber will not be here forever and The Delia financial management structure will again take us to the brink unless lessons previously unlearnt are learned.

We have a second messiah to save the club who has worked miracles on a shoestring. Need to ensure he is not as profligate as a Hughton or a Neil.  I am sure Danniel will be prudent Webber will expect nothing less.  Its after the eventual relegation which hopefully will be more than one season and the resultant fire sale of our starlets when we will be back in the Champs under the ineffective management of a Roeder type that the finances will ebb away.  And we look into the abyss of administration is mooted again.  Delia et all surely cannot find another messiah to come to our rescue in 3 or 4 years time.

Its about time the club learned to manage and budget finances in a prudent manner.  Can we expect this it is unlikely based on previous experience maybe time to get a proper financial brain on the Board the Leicester kind of guy.

Farke and Webber will go onto better things and leave these clowns to blow the money on what they see as magic beans.  No worries next season but what happens next!    

Shít me, this is literally a copy-and-paste of the thread you started yesterday with a different title, isn't it?!

I think it's probably about time you gave up with football and spent your spare time staggering up and down Gentleman's Walk wearing a sandwich board saying "THE END IS NIGH".

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, capricorn1 said:

Agreed... Pete obviously didn't listen to the interviews.... Delia clearly stated they won't be making the same mistakes as last time and anyway, we don't have the money to waste it!      Idiot post!

next season, we already have enough, mid table at least.    4 astute additions and we'll be going places....

Edited by ged in the onion bag

17 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Shít me, this is literally a copy-and-paste of the thread you started yesterday with a different title, isn't it?!

I think it's probably about time you gave up with football and spent your spare time staggering up and down Gentleman's Walk wearing a sandwich board saying "THE END IS NIGH".

........or dancing with his puppets

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Webber gave an interview on the sky coverage after the game, which Ive just caught up with, where he indicated we were in really serious **** when hetook over, I suspect this has picked up and embroidered by the media.

47 minutes ago, BigFish said:

........or dancing with his puppets

Puppet Man is more entertaining.

Keith Scott is about as entertaining as bleeding haemorrhoids.

51 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Webber gave an interview on the sky coverage after the game, which Ive just caught up with, where he indicated we were in really serious **** when hetook over, I suspect this has picked up and embroidered by the media.

I'd always assumed we had to start cutting or we could get into serious financial issues but we got ahead of the curve (hence the £60m odd raised in transfer fees in the last couple of seasons). 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Webber likes to get that sort of stuff out there. AS cynic might suggest that its a useful bit of self publicity as it makes the job he's done look even better. He doesn't actually need to do it (or make the little digs at the fans he occasionally  has a tendancy to do) because he has done a fantastic job and I think all the fans see that but he's never shy of saying what a shambles everything was before he came in and sorted it all out for us. I take it with a pinch of salt (I don't believe we had a "toxic" dressing room nor did he or Farke ever get "dogs abuse"0 although in reality what he was saying was we needed to sell Maddison to make ends meet (which I think we all knew) and fund the transfer strategy and if you read Ball's article in the Times today they got nervous when Maddison got injured at Hillsborough because they thought they might not be able to sell him in the summer.