Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Canary Bond holders

Not forgetting the generous PUP who donated one of his privileges, the hospitality package for boxing day v Forest. That added £200 to the last presentation pot for our DS boys and girls. What an ending that game had!

29 minutes ago, king canary said:

So if you invested £500 you get that back, plus 5% interest (£25) and a 25% bonus (£125) and £15 club credit?

So £650 in cash and £15 to spend on merch? Not to be sniffed at and I think from a club point of view paying it back now while they can clearly afford to makes a ton of sense.

Absolutely, it was a great opportunity to help the club and get a good return, the way it has unfolded is extraordinary and its a win win win. I would have gone for it without the 25% bonus to help the club, it was still a decent investment.

What a ride it's been, it wasn't without anxiety that I put in what to me was a big commitment, but have been rewarded many times over in a wonderful season and now a windfall too.  The bond scheme definitely helped me feel more part of the club too, living as I do a fair way away - and it must be the same for everyone who took out a bond. 

There was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth by some at the way the club was going about things, but all in all, it has brought the whole club together - and this bond definitely helped that for those that invested.

Funny how it's gone so quiet from those people convinced we were on a road to League 1........maybe they follow the wrong club.....

• Like 2

According to the article, the offer reached target with 740 contributors. 

If we have 24000 season ticket holders (without removing those underage to partake in the bond) that's only 3.08% of the (Season ticket) fan base who successfully applied before  it was closed. 

Agreed it was open to all, and a good reward for those who were quick footed to apply just a shame that more season ticket holders were unable to partake, and the offer was limited.  

24 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

According to the article, the offer reached target with 740 contributors. 

If we have 24000 season ticket holders (without removing those underage to partake in the bond) that's only 3.08% of the (Season ticket) fan base who successfully applied before  it was closed. 

Agreed it was open to all, and a good reward for those who were quick footed to apply just a shame that more season ticket holders were unable to partake, and the offer was limited.  

Early bird catches the wriggly.

It was only limited in so far as they had a set amount of cash that they needed to raise for the work at the academy.

Edited by Van wink

Do we have 24000 season ticket holders?

Edited by Van wink

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Early bird catches the wriggly.

It was only limited in so far as they had a set amount of cash that they needed to raise for the work at the academy.

Agreed Winky, and was an unexpectedly high / fast turn around to reach declared target. 

Shame there was no scope to extend in this situation. 

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Do we have 24000 season ticket holders?

Its got to be around that figure. but was a guesstimate 

I was limited because it had to be paid back. Even if we hadn't gone up or went down. Glad we've got sensible people at the helm...

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I was limited because it had to be paid back. Even if we hadn't gone up or went down. Glad we've got sensible people at the helm...

Were they the same sensible people that according to Webber pi$$ed the Premier money up the wall and let the lunatics run the asylum at Colney which were his words again ? 😜

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Were they the same sensible people that according to Webber pi$$ed the Premier money up the wall and let the lunatics run the asylum at Colney which were his words again ? 😜

And 'whose baby he called ugly' I saw in the press. comment made me laugh, and summed it up very well. 

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not sure that's true. It's just a figment of people's imaginations where owners are at the helm when money's pi$$ed up the wall but others are at the helm when it's spent wisely.

This is why bumping old threads is ALWAYS a good idea....

Isn't there a thread somewhere about headhunting? Getting St Andrews Hall back involved against the current set up...

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not sure that's true. It's just a figment of people's imaginations where owners are at the helm when money's pi$$ed up the wall but others are at the helm when it's spent wisely.

This is why bumping old threads is ALWAYS a good idea....

Ah so you are saying Webber did not say those things then or is history being rewritten ? That St Andrews Hall mention in your other post was somebody picking my brains and not instigated by me just so you get it straight.

Webber did say those things about the way the club had been run by others. However if he meant that was the owners then his current CV is down to those same owners.

TBH I think he's cleverer than that..

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Webber did say those things about the way the club had been run by others. However if he meant that was the owners then his current CV is down to those same owners.

That's a VERY selective interpretation. 

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not only is he clever he is a genius i was seeing somewhere yesterday. By others you must mean McNally and Moxey and that chap who was in charge at Colney.

Edited by TIL 1010

This is so predictable but is no signpost for future adoration because I remember when McNally was all hailed. So Webber will only enjoy this until results turn.

What's indisputable is that time and time again this club has been safe in the hands of our owners.

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This is so predictable but is no signpost for future adoration because I remember when McNally was all hailed. So Webber will only enjoy this until results turn.

What's indisputable is that time and time again this club has been safe in the hands of our owners.

But these owners are only responsible for the good times NN ? Is that what you mean, as that is what you are saying. 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But these owners are only responsible for the good times NN ? Is that what you mean, as that is what you are saying. 

It's quite clearly not what I was saying.

So when the money was 'Pi$$ed up the wall' and they 'let the lunatics run the asylum at Colney', they were still the owners, but they are not included in that statement ? 

However they are to be praised for the promotion, the good recruitment, the bond initiative (The original theme of this thread). 

Don't get me wrong i'm not bashing the owners, and I wouldn't change them, but you cannot be selective in your view. 

• Like 1

If that's what you believe. My opinion has already been posted.

As for the bond initiative, it was nepo Tom after Webber set aside the cup money for that purpose.

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If that's what you believe. My opinion has already been posted.

As for the bond initiative, it was nepo Tom after Webber set aside the cup money for that purpose.

And they were still the owners for that too! 

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Greavsy. **** off and troll someone else. There's a good lad...

Sorry NN, public forum, (not yours, as you (like others before you) have treated it. May I suggest the ignore button. 

Read back, you replied to my message, not the other way around so not sure how that makes me the troll. 

Just because someone doesn't agree with your view, and discusses it doesn't make them a troll, but to quote you from so many times before 'Look out you could be next!' 😉  

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Sorry NN, public forum, (not yours, as you (like others before you) have treated it. May I suggest the ignore button. 

Read back, you replied to my message, not the other way around so not sure how that makes me the troll. 

Just because someone doesn't agree with your view, and discusses it doesn't make them a troll, but to quote you from so many times before 'Look out you could be next!' 😉  

👍

29 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Greavsy. **** off and troll someone else. There's a good lad...

Totally uncalled for Nutty but then again just my opinion if that is allowed.

• Thanks 1