Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Canary Bond holders

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Totally uncalled for Nutty but then again just my opinion if that is allowed.

It won't happen again👍

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It won't happen again👍

Is that an apology? 😘

Some of the “palling up” on here is hilarious. Still nitpicking for some sort of justification that they “were thinking of the club” when they decided that the Farkelution was a busted flush. 

Tbh, some of those that didn’t buy in at the time might have been better served doing so. That way they wouldn’t have been picking around the “whoops” aisle in Morrisons today for their weekly shop. 😆😉

15 hours ago, Greavsy said:

According to the article, the offer reached target with 740 contributors. 

If we have 24000 season ticket holders (without removing those underage to partake in the bond) that's only 3.08% of the (Season ticket) fan base who successfully applied before  it was closed. 

Agreed it was open to all, and a good reward for those who were quick footed to apply just a shame that more season ticket holders were unable to partake, and the offer was limited.  

It closed so quick. I remember looking at it and thinking it was worth the punt, but before I could release the reddies the target had been reached. Hence another type launch now would in my opinion go some way to fund another project, what ever that may be.

I believe we cap the ST numbers at 22,000 approx. Scope for more?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Some of the “palling up” on here is hilarious. Still nitpicking for some sort of justification that they “were thinking of the club” when they decided that the Farkelution was a busted flush. 

Tbh, some of those that didn’t buy in at the time might have been better served doing so. That way they wouldn’t have been picking around the “whoops” aisle in Morrisons today for their weekly shop. 😆😉

I can think of an officer from a prominent supporters group who thought that the Farkelution was a busted flush and threw in their season ticket but as they are palled up with certain individuals not really a surprise why they have not been selected for the poster bashing.

16 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Not sure that's true. It's just a figment of people's imaginations where owners are at the helm when money's pi$$ed up the wall but others are at the helm when it's spent wisely.

This is why bumping old threads is ALWAYS a good idea....

One of the interesting points that have come out of the interviews this week is that the owners have highlighted how much more the current management team have sought to get them invovled more in the activities of the club. Hosting players families on match days, seeing the non-football training (pastoral care) for the academy players and general activities of the management team.

The owners have always said that they did want to get involved in the day to day football activities of the club and previous regimes mayhave taken advantage of that. Webber has almost dragged the owners into that part od NCFC.

Maybe Webber feels that you can run things by being transparent and by doing so you do not waste future opportunities.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I can think of an officer from a prominent supporters group who thought that the Farkelution was a busted flush and threw in their season ticket but as they are palled up with certain individuals not really a surprise why they have not been selected for the poster bashing.

You ok, hun? 

Nibble...😆😂

2 hours ago, East Rider said:

It closed so quick. I remember looking at it and thinking it was worth the punt, but before I could release the reddies the target had been reached. Hence another type launch now would in my opinion go some way to fund another project, what ever that may be.

I believe we cap the ST numbers at 22,000 approx. Scope for more?

Exactly the situation I was in. Got the paperwork and before I could apply it was closed. 

Guess life, work etc got in the way this time abut we can't al, sit at home, on the net every day.  Hopefully another opportunity  will be forthcoming to support the club. 

17 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Is that an apology? 😘

Eddie ? Just making sure you're ok?  😉 

You've not replied (apologised) today. 

10 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

One of the interesting points that have come out of the interviews this week is that the owners have highlighted how much more the current management team have sought to get them invovled more in the activities of the club. Hosting players families on match days, seeing the non-football training (pastoral care) for the academy players and general activities of the management team.

The owners have always said that they did want to get involved in the day to day football activities of the club and previous regimes mayhave taken advantage of that. Webber has almost dragged the owners into that part od NCFC.

Maybe Webber feels that you can run things by being transparent and by doing so you do not waste future opportunities.

This is true. And despite owning the club for over 20 years Delia still gets excited about such things.

Ups and downs are part of football. Without promotion and relegation what would be the ultimate point?

I'm just thankful for their tenure as owners where the club has taken set backs head on and come back fighting. They've never run the club to get the plaudits or brickbats. They've always been there for the club in good times or bad. That's what good owners do.

Edited by nutty nigel

8 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Eddie ? Just making sure you're ok?  😉 

You've not replied (apologised) today. 

You being selective again NN?

Still waiting.......ready when you are. 😉

So it appears the cheque is in the post.:classic_biggrin:

A bit surprised that the 3% club credit can be used to buy tickets...good though.