Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Buendia

He was limping around after the game, knee strapped up. Not sure if I've missed anything, but was anything said after the game? Really need him available for Villa!

12 hours ago, AJ said:

He was limping around after the game, knee strapped up. Not sure if I've missed anything, but was anything said after the game? Really need him available for Villa!

There was talk of him needing ice on his knees - apparently he was pretty battle-scarred - the Blackburn cloggers were up to their usual tricks.

Buendia is always going get clogged because he is so quick that he always gets something between the ball and the opponent causing mistimed challenges and fouls - he literally puts his body on the line to make sure we get the ball back.   An absolute star. 

• Like 1

He is a very unusual player for his type, you tend to associate these skilful little flair players to only spring into life when the ball appears near their feet, but Buendía is very much the exception to the rule. What an unbelievable grafter!

Edited by Alex Moss

On the Sky coverage of the Blackburn match, a caption popped up showing Buendía's performance in various categories. Apparently he ranks 1st in tackles made for Norwich this season – quite some achievement for a supposed 'flair' attacking player.

Messi doesn't get stuck in like that... just sayin' 😉

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AJ said:

I'd rather he missed Villa and we finish second than we take any risks and he misses pre-season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

On the Sky coverage of the Blackburn match, a caption popped up showing Buendía's performance in various categories. Apparently he ranks 1st in tackles made for Norwich this season – quite some achievement for a supposed 'flair' attacking player.

Messi doesn't get stuck in like that... just sayin' 😉

I am pretty sure we talked about this before mate! Probs in the pub... Buendia, when I heard that stat, had made something like 86 tackles and the closest to him had made something like 58. Quite amazing really. What a special little player he is!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I am pretty sure we talked about this before mate! Probs in the pub... Buendia, when I heard that stat, had made something like 86 tackles and the closest to him had made something like 58. Quite amazing really. What a special little player he is!

If we discussed it in the pub, the chances of me recalling it are practically zero.

• Haha 1

He's a little warrior. Love the fact that as well as all that ability he works so hard and gets stuck in. Great player.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s one of the good things about the PL - decent players aren’t kicked about quite so much as in the Champs.

Although Hucks was the most fouled player in the Premiership when Norwich was last there.

Edited by Norfolk Dumpling