Not sure I agree entirely with the OP and to be clear, Daniel Farke's English is far better than my German, so I'm very pleased he completes his interviews in our native tongue.

The other bit regarding Wilder, I can see to a degree where you are coming from and if Wilder was our manager with that no nonsense style, I suspect a large part of our support would love it. He is passionate about Sheffield United and apart from that rant regarding us, he has been generous in his praise. After all he knows when he sees a good team.

Given a choice? Daniel Farke for my team every day of the week. 

OTBC

Wilder has done a fantastic job up there and they've played some excellent football this year and deserve their promotion along with ours. I like Farke's interviews and if you prefer the straight talking type, just listen to Webber. I wouldn't swap Farke for anyone else even though I was having doubts earlier in the season. Likewise, Sheffield Utd wouldn't swap Wilder for anyone, that's how it should be after the season we've both had.

Can't wait for his puce-coloured rant on MOTD as he suggests Man City's unprofessionally late team bus led to them battering his lads 8-0.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This on the Guardian is good about Wilder. You can see why Sheff U fans absolutely love him. Having an excellent manager, who played for your club, is from your home city and supported your club must be a bit of a dream. 

Basically imagine how Norwich fans would have felt about Lambert just after he secured Norwich promotion to the Prem but was from Cringleford and not Glasgow. 

Sheff U, Norwich and Leeds have made this one of the most enjoyable seasons to watch in the Championship for years. Certainly far better than Wolves who were basically a top 10 Premier League side slumming it for a season and negative Cardiff last season. 

I wouldn’t rather have Wilder than Farke but that is because Farke is ours and Wilder isn’t. They have both achieved minor miracles against adversity, and you can’t over look what Bielsa has done at Leeds also, considering they didn’t really add to their squad and sold their best attacker from last season in January. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/29/chris-wilder-passion-sheffield-united-premier-league

• Like 2

11 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

No joke jk147 just my honest appraisal of Farke v Wilder in some areas. Of course now we've been promoted Farke is the new Messiah and can do NOTHING wrong in eyes of Yellows. How many were voicing serious misgivings in early September I wonder?

Equally, should we get off to a less than auspicious start in August, I wonder how long it will be before 'the worm turns'. Just a thought.  

Nothing wrong with expressing opinion and criticism yellowrider. I think you knew what you were doing, however, by choosing this week out of all the weeks to post this.

Fact is Farke has been giving interviews as City coach for nearly two years. Why not criticise his interview style say in September last year. You would have probably more people agree than attack you? Why not compare Wilder and Farke styles say after their 2-2 draw ealier this year and bang on then about how great Wilder is compared  to Farke. Even whilst we were drawing all those games a week or two back while Wilder was winning them?!

No. You chose the week of Norwich City's confirmed promotion to the premier league. On purpose me thinks. Now you have the reaction you were looking for...

3 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I recall back in summer of 2005 and from then on I was one of the first to call for the boy Worthy to be dismissed much to the furious annoyance of majority of posters. 

Big Vince!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I didn't deliberately chose the post promotion week to post this Chris. Unlike some on here I haven't posted tens of thousands of posts as (believe it or not) I have a life to lead

I'm up for comparing lives YR. Let's see what you've got...

Fair play to Sheffield United. Their manager has the club in his veins (or should that be arteries) and you cannot knock his five promotions. And fair play to their style which I do believe is exciting to watch.

But it is for them to laud their players and management and for us to laud ours. NCFC and Norfolk is a totally different place to Sheffield and comparisons are fine but in the end don't alter the facts. Both clubs have had brilliant seasons and the home fans and I would wager many away fans have much admiration for both clubs.

Personally I couldn't give a kangaroo's jockstrap for any other club and although I sometimes have a little urination at Ipswich, I wish them nearly as much luck as us.

We all know the feeling of belonging and while I don't have the same feelings on matchday living in Cornwall and watching Ifollow as you guys who roll up to get the best view in the house (even if the Scampi is dire), having been to my first league match in 1960, I don't feel any different about the club now as I did then.

So well played to both clubs and good luck to the four in the play offs but I am delighted with my club and don't compare them to any other.

Yup, agree with that, Keelansgrandad - what works for us and what works for them is different, we’re both (and should be) happy with what we have.  The rest of it is guff.

On 29/04/2019 at 13:42, It's Character Forming said:

Wow OP, that's a really strange post, if you're not purely a troll you certainly sound a lot like one !

So basically you're saying...

1. You don't like Farke's interview style. OK, I think he comes across very clearly and eloquently, especially as he's not a native English speaker.  each to his own.

2.  Sheffield Utd's style is not as bad as many say it is.  Well, most of us would agree, and it's not surprising that they've actually played some decent football given they have qualified for automatic promotion.  But so what ?

3.  He's willing to make substitutions earlier and change the squad around more than Farke.  Ok, but given Farke's side is now top after 45 games, he's not done so badly, the fact that another manager is willing to make substitutes earlier... so what ?

Also the fact we have been so good at winning points late in games suggest more often than not he gets it right.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Can't wait for his puce-coloured rant on MOTD as he suggests Man City's unprofessionally late team bus led to them battering his lads 8-0.

Yep, his style will be a la Warnock: the world's against his plucky Blades, big teams getting all the 50-50 decisions, VAR not helping his team etc.  I'm sure we'll also have our own moments when we feel aggrieved at decisions, but I suspect Farke will manage the media in a very different way to Wilder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Well I'll be leaving home for work at 03.55 tomorrow morning if that helps? 

I'm sure that sets you apart!

Are you a milkman? A binman?

Or maybe Faron Young?

On 29/04/2019 at 13:32, yellowrider120 said:

Easy cop out Circle. Just wave your hand and dismiss without putting forward your own case. 

I'm still waiting. Over to you. 

Yellow, no cop out, since there was nothing of true substance to engage with in the beginning. You’re attempting to create debate centered on the preference of Farke or Wilder. This is obvious to most as a non-starter of a conversation since the choice is astronomically obvious. Yes, other posters have responded, but if you read their replies closely and listen for their nuances, you actually hear them saying, “Really Yellow? Really?” So, they respond simply to be kind and we’re all excited to talk about how amazing of a season NCFC are having through the lens of Farke.

In truth, what you have actually done is nothing more than hijacked the nature of intellectual debate and disguised it as pontifical drivel. In so doing you have shown yourself to be a high-grade troll.

To help you better understand my point, I’ll use a simile. You have the choice between a B7 Alpina and an Audi A6. Need I say more? This is how obviously pointless your post is. But alas, because you seem so invested in your topics, I will. You see, Yellow, both cars will get you to your destination. Both cars, when in working order, have all the basic qualifications to be identified as a ‘car’, but is there really a debate to be had regarding which one you would prefer to drive?

No? Not seeing it yet? Okay, maybe you’re a watch guy. So, would you be more excited to receive a Tag Heuer watch for your birthday (pardon me if you’re a Jehovah’s Witness) or Patek Philippe?

I could go on and I’m sure others who read this are understanding my point. If, on the other hand you’re still not seeing it, then I would have to say you’re probably the kind of guy who pi55es into the wind and can’t figure out why his pants are wet.

So there really isn’t an “over to you” ending here; more of an ‘over and out’.

Good luck.....

On 30/04/2019 at 19:20, nutty nigel said:

I'm sure that sets you apart!

Are you a milkman? A binman?

Or maybe Faron Young?

I think it's fair to say Farke & Wilder's love hasn't broken down...😎

• Like 2

On 30/04/2019 at 12:24, keelansgrandad said:

Their manager has the club in his veins (or should that be arteries)

Definitely veins. It’s the greasy chip buttie that’s filling up his arteries 

I actually like Wilder. 

I know we got the win there, but there’s an acceptable level of time-wasting line and I think we maybe crossed the line that day. I wouldn’t feel particular happy or proud to see us to win like that every time we won. 

Wilder’s reaction was also OTT but he was obviously still fuming at the time. Since then he’s always been interesting to listen to in interviews and I thought he was very humble in the 2-2 draw at CR earlier in the season where I actually thought they had outplayed us for the majority of the game. Clearly no longer has any axe to grind so why should we?

That said there is absolutely no way I’d change him for Farke. Ever. Your comment on his interviews just strikes me as someone who is too lazy to try and understand what he’s saying past his accent... he’s humoured and generally always straight talking.

And your other points are just meh, yes wilder deserves enormous praise but he doesn’t deserve it from us? We have our own manager who’s doing an even better job with a more attractive style of football (I do like how Sheff Utd play though).

Regardless, even if you had some legitimate points, the timing of this post is just weird and I don’t really understand why you feel the need to post it! We’ve literally just got promoted and on the cusp of beating Wilder to the league title!

This post is like giving your wife a list of things you prefer about your mate’s wife during your honeymoon. 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Haha 2

On 29/04/2019 at 19:35, yellowrider120 said:

What does 'one' the league mean then Nutty? Do please join the debate on the original post.   

Probably means the same as “tow the party line” presumably a different stance to ‘toe the party line’?

I would never normally pick up spelling mistakes from other posters but I think you’re  Big Vince in disguise as you’ve used the terms ‘boy’ And ‘The Cook’!

i'm just happy that Norwich fans have embraced their first foreign manager as opposed to moaning about it in racist rhyme, which is what I feared when he was first brought in. All these old farts on Canary Call "You can't trust a German" rubbish