Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

NCFC Guardian Article - Patience, Scouting and the System

" Last summer the task was not necessarily to bring together the best collection of individuals, but gather the right players. Those that did not fit with Farke’s playing needs were shipped out, as were those who were potentially disruptive, including one who wasn’t shy of telling people outside the club that Farke was out of his depth. "

I'm guessing Nelson Oliviera ?

It said last summer. So sales at the start of this season. I'm guessing Naismith because he has friends in the media, has been around so would think he knows it all and was very suddenly shipped out to clubs paying little towards his wages and has barely been mentioned. Might not be, but looking at the other departures I can't see anyone obvious, Watkins maybe, but I know so little about him I can't speculate. Oliveira's issue was workrate and wanting to be the main man in a system and culture that's all about hard work and the team as a collective. If he was talking about Farke in the media last season he wouldn't have played, it would have been jerome and then Srbeny all year regardless of form, farke wouldn't have it.

I saw that quote and wondered too, having listened to the Owain Tudor- Jones podcast where he speaks to Russ Martin I wonder if it was the catalyst for his departure. 

Russ is always called a “model professional” (and got a mention in Webber’s post-match interviews) so it seems unlikely to me.