Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

Villa - 5th Place and Nothing to Play For

Can't make 4th and only 2 wins and a ludicrous goal difference swing would give Derby the chance to move above them now.

Surely they are going to rest their key players against us what with the play offs right around the corner. Today's bizarre draw couldn't have been a better result for us and our title ambitions, let's go and take that trophy boys.

💛💚 🏆 💛💚

Not ideal to have to go to Villa Park to get something.....but we couldnt be going there in more favorable circumstances.

You'd imagine they'll rest a few ..and the ones who are playing will surely have an eye on the playoffs and not be 100% commited.

.....a diplomatic draw maybe?...but its no given that Sheff Utd will win at Stoke who will have no such conflicts with team selection

Let's get one of the last remaining hoodoo's out of the way.  Let's win with style playing full on farkeball.

Pretty sure they’ll rest McGinn, who picked up his 14th booking of the season today, meaning he’s one away from 3 game ban and missing the entirety of the playoffs. Kodjia went off injured, Abraham is already out (at one point today they had Jedinak up front) so they won’t be at full strength.

All good news so far. Whatever anybody says, the players deserve to go up as champions.

I don’t think any NCFC fan deserves to suffer listening to Wilder if they were to pip us at the post.

Edited by unique

I think they will rest some but I don't think it will matter. Sheffield have given us a good chase and half the time, our points total would have been good enough to be Champions.

And lets not forget that we are unbeaten in 13 and a draw is the least we might expect. Pressure off etc and maybe Villa Reserves to play ought to do it.

I remember a match as a 14 year old when we played Villa after gaining promotion. 

Heaven forbid. 

• Haha 1

McGinn will miss the game, Dean Smith has confirmed this today. I have a feeling that Grealish will start, but they’d be foolish to risk playing a full side when they’ve got so much at stake in upcoming games. Regardless, we’re the best team in the league so it’s down to us and our performance 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Norwich R Us said:

Krul to step up?

If we're winning by a couple near the end it would be nice to give it to Jamal Lewis as he’s the only outfield player not to score this season.

If we get two on the other hand...

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

Important that we win the Title, would give the lads a big boost and complete the season for them.

They’ve got nothing to play for but I’ve got a horrible feeling that Villa will beat us and Sheffield Utd will beat Stoke who also have nothing to play for. If this does happen then we’ll miss out on the title on goal difference, which will be very sad.

Hopefully they will rest some players ready for the playoffs though - McGinn is on the brink of a 3 match ban, Abraham is set to come back from injury against us but is a key player and they’ll probably want to make sure he’s available for the playoffs 

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Yes, that 1-4 Carrow Rd reverse in 1975 wasn't one of our better nights

fair play to them, they never stopped singing either that night

If they are sensible they would rest key players and play for a draw knowing we would be happy with a draw too. However, if they do play some fringe players I'm sure they will be keen to play well. Not an easy game to approach by any means but if their performance against Leeds is anything to go by we will get the point we need.

Wow..cant believe all the wishful thinkers and dreamers in this topic. You guys really think Villa will be wanting to rest key players, playing it safe etc etc? ...i hear this so many times in such situations and it hardly ever happens. Be realistic and just think for a moment of their situation....On a long unbeaten run, every bit as impressive as ours, have momentum and confidence, assured of the place in the place offs...with the last match of the Champs season...and at home...and whos coming calling?...the league leaders...promoted...wanting a point to be Champions. If thats not incentive to play your strongest side, keep the run going, beat the potential division champions, feather in the cap to worry even more the other 3 play off sides who already worry that Villa will be the team to beat, then i dont know what is.

Also injuries happen, no matter how you play, good or bad, hard or soft. So i see nothing next Sunday other than City facing an up for it Villa side doing their utmost to beat us. Getting that point will be tough indeed, if we succeed, then great, if we dont, then Sheff. Utd have the chance to edge us by goal difference only. But as Daniel rightly said, that point would be the icing, but we already have the cake, and its the cake that matters.

Jeez, all the flouncing before we got over the line, now more softcox fretting over Villa, give it a rest, we're top for a reason, unbeaten since forever, with a parade to look forward to. 

If we come 2nd so be it, how many people would have settled for 2nd back in August? We're up, nothing can change that, cheer on the boys and have faith that DF will have them ready for whatever Villa bring on Sunday. 

• Like 2

couldn't give a rats about a meaningless title tbh. play our best 11 against theirs. come what may - we will be in the EPL next season regardless.

4 hours ago, Essjayess said:

Wow..cant believe all the wishful thinkers and dreamers in this topic. You guys really think Villa will be wanting to rest key players, playing it safe etc etc? ...i hear this so many times in such situations and it hardly ever happens. Be realistic and just think for a moment of their situation....On a long unbeaten run, every bit as impressive as ours, have momentum and confidence, assured of the place in the place offs...with the last match of the Champs season...and at home...and whos coming calling?...the league leaders...promoted...wanting a point to be Champions. If thats not incentive to play your strongest side, keep the run going, beat the potential division champions, feather in the cap to worry even more the other 3 play off sides who already worry that Villa will be the team to beat, then i dont know what is.

Also injuries happen, no matter how you play, good or bad, hard or soft. So i see nothing next Sunday other than City facing an up for it Villa side doing their utmost to beat us. Getting that point will be tough indeed, if we succeed, then great, if we dont, then Sheff. Utd have the chance to edge us by goal difference only. But as Daniel rightly said, that point would be the icing, but we already have the cake, and its the cake that matters.

Injuries are less likely to happen if somebodies off the pitch rather than on it....I would have said that's a proven fact

Most teams about to go into the play offs don’t rest players as momentum is so important. Slip up in the first leg of the semi and you have lost your chance. 

I think Villa will put out a strong team, although a slight eye on the next game i.e McGinn’s yellow card situation. 

Given that the Norwich players seems to have been on a two night bender after the Blackburn game I can’t see Norwich having that much of an advantage going into the match. 

Villa will eager for a moral boosting win and certainly won’t be holding back. 

We deserve the title while Shef U deserve to be promoted but don't deserve to be champions imo... Over the whole season we have been the best team! I think the lads will have enough left in the tank to get a result against Vill, who will have one eye on the play offs

Edited by ROBFLECK
  • Like 1

Stoke were meant to be on the beach against us but turned in a decent performance. It might not matter how we get on a Villa Park.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Yes, that 1-4 Carrow Rd reverse in 1975 wasn't one of our better nights

There was a massive crowd that night, I remember being totally crushed in the South Stand, feet didn't touch the ground