JayNCFC

Playoffs - I'm Excited

After last night, I am very much looking forward to the playoffs, let's be honest, we didn't want to get sucked into it because it is going to be a tough old ask to go up out of those four.

Leeds will be playing championship football next season, out of the other three, take your pick.

I am looking forward to some cracking football.

I hope Middlesbrough go up to be honest.

Leeds, West Brom and Villa are all 'big clubs', with decent players and managers and will have a decent chance of staying up. I think M'brough and Sheff Utd will struggle.

I agree though - it'll be great fun to watch!

1 minute ago, Beetley Yellow said:

I’m hoping for a Leeds v Villa PO Final...., after today it’ll be carnage 😁

With Villa winning it of course...

It's the hope that gets you.

Don't personally see them getting to the final.

6 minutes ago, JayNCFC said:

With Villa winning it of course...

It's the hope that gets you.

Don't personally see them getting to the final.

Oh absolutely, a goal mouth scrap in the 8th minute of injury time with Kodjia making it 3-2 to Villa....., with Bamford down feigning injury in the centre circle. Oh it’s nice to dream :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Beetley Yellow
Autocorrect is annoying
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

I hope Middlesbrough go up to be honest.

Me too. Ironically, the majority of the locals don't want to, as it will mean Pulis stays on and they think it will be embarrassing.

• Like 1

We have to be backing the team that finishes in 6th spot - they must be the weakest of the four.

15 minutes ago, unique said:

We have to be backing the team that finishes in 6th spot - they must be the weakest of the four.

Middlesborough for me then Bristol, but didn't Leeds not really spend much this season and just go the manager to improve them. They would surely need a lot of players then,

I want to see Leeds back still. They have been the 3rd best team this season and as a nearby resident, it would be great to have them up there to enjoy the ride with. Failing that, Boro or Derby would be a decent away day for me again

Pulis has never been relegated from the Prem has he? So definitely don’t want it to be Boro that go up.

Lampard has been weak tactically and have had a fair slice of luck, with some quality strikes getting them out of trouble. Plus the media love in would go into hyper drive if he reaches the PL which would be another distraction for them and keep us quietly getting on with business.

I can't see anyone other than Villa. Since Grealish has come back, they have looked arguably the best team in the league. They are in brilliant form.

I have a hunch we will see a Villa v Derby final. 

Derby Vs Leeds could be a tasty semi final, with the whole spy-gate drama.

3 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Pulis has never been relegated from the Prem has he? So definitely don’t want it to be Boro that go up.

Lampard has been weak tactically and have had a fair slice of luck, with some quality strikes getting them out of trouble. Plus the media love in would go into hyper drive if he reaches the PL which would be another distraction for them and keep us quietly getting on with business.

True but they also have Harry Wilson and Mason Mount, who I would love to get in on loan next season!

So glad we can sit back, hopefully as champions, and enjoy the chaos

Villa v West Brom will be a cracking semi final.......the grounds are 3.9mile apart, almost as close as Villa and Brum (3.6m)

Villa's parachute money has run out after this season so will see this as their best chance

Leeds v Boro - no love lost there either, if it is them

All four a big clubs (for the Championship) and would not look out of place in the PL

Keeping it as those games means you don't have two sets of fans using the same lines down to Wembly for the final either.

Be great for us to sit back and enjoy the spectacle of these four as they rip into each other..............................with the games being a bit 'tasty' as well.

40 minutes ago, Bill said:

Villa v West Brom will be a cracking semi final.......the grounds are 3.9mile apart, almost as close as Villa and Brum (3.6m)

Villa's parachute money has run out after this season so will see this as their best chance

Leeds v Boro - no love lost there either, if it is them

All four a big clubs (for the Championship) and would not look out of place in the PL

Keeping it as those games means you don't have two sets of fans using the same lines down to Wembly for the final either.

Be great for us to sit back and enjoy the spectacle of these four as they rip into each other..............................with the games being a bit 'tasty' as well.

Leeds vs Derby would be even better after the whole Spygate thing!

5 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I want to see Leeds back still. They have been the 3rd best team this season and as a nearby resident, it would be great to have them up there to enjoy the ride with. Failing that, Boro or Derby would be a decent away day for me again

Looking at the bigger picture it’d suit us if it’s anyone but them. They’re the ‘ biggest ‘ team in the Play Offs and would be splashing out if they got promoted. 

Besides most of their fans are scumbags

I'd be happy with anyone but Boro or Villa. The others would struggle in the PL. Pulis's Middlesbrough playing in the PL would be a crime against nature, Villa would probably do okay. Leeds would collapse into themselves under the weight of their own expectation and choke. They're also only good for 60 minutes in patches, PL teams would work them out pretty quickly. 

WBA remind me too much of us in 2015, a good squad borderline between the PL and Championship on the slow downslope under an inexperienced manager, Derby are a less clinical and much less hard working version of us full of loan players so you'd imagine they'd finish well below us, Bristol are a tidy championship side that would get annihilated in that league. 

It's gonna be fun to watch. If it came down to Villa v Boro I'd be cheering on Villa but it's nice to be in this position. I remember in 2011 I was desperate for Reading to beat Swansea because I was sure Swansea would be good in the league above, they were but it turned out it didn't matter in the end. Same will be true this time as well I'm sure but it would be nice to have some cannon fodder up there. Won't be Sheff Utd imo like us I think they'll be pretty comfortable. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

Controversial, but, I would like to see WBA win them. I want villa to feel the force of FFP, derby have tried to spend their way out for the last 5 years, Leeds is Leeds, Boro are boring. West brom have not sorted out the issues which saw them circling the plug hole for the seasons before they got relegated so I would imagine would struggle next year more than any of the other realistic candidates (I think brizzle are out of it) so should make it easier for us to stay up...

2 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Leeds vs Derby would be even better after the whole Spygate thing!

Be especially good if it turned out like their following fixture from '75:

Quite a few posters voting for a weak club who along with Sheffield would occupy the relegation places instead of us.

I don't see it that way, those mugs can fight it out amongst themselves - we'll be near the top !

11 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Controversial, but, I would like to see WBA win them. I want villa to feel the force of FFP, derby have tried to spend their way out for the last 5 years, Leeds is Leeds, Boro are boring. West brom have not sorted out the issues which saw them circling the plug hole for the seasons before they got relegated so I would imagine would struggle next year more than any of the other realistic candidates (I think brizzle are out of it) so should make it easier for us to stay up...

Once again, Derby have NOT overspent this season, they have significantly  cut back. One reason why Rowett jumped ship.

Everyone's saying Villa will do it, given their current form, and I do agree to some extent, but like Leeds, West Brom have been there or thereabouts all season.  I can see the Baggies grinding out a win v Villa over 2 legs and they have good strikers in Gayle and Rodriguez.  Villa have injuries with Kodija and Abraham out (though Abraham will probably return for the playoffs).  By the way, what about Abraham as a loan striker for us next season...?

I think Leeds will pick themselves up v Derby, Boro or Bristol City, I think Derby will just about get 6th place (although they play West Brom on the last day, which could end up as the play off final!).

So, on balance, Leeds v West Brom in the final and West Brom edging it on the day.

Just glad it won't be us. Whoever wins the Play Offs will be delighted not only to be in the Prem but having a Wembley Final. Frank Lampard's DC would be the pundits favourite as they prattle on about what a brilliant job he has done.

No disrespect to Lampard as he was a top player but in management he has done nothing yet so I wish they would wait and see what happens.

18 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Just glad it won't be us. Whoever wins the Play Offs will be delighted not only to be in the Prem but having a Wembley Final. Frank Lampard's DC would be the pundits favourite as they prattle on about what a brilliant job he has done.

No disrespect to Lampard as he was a top player but in management he has done nothing yet so I wish they would wait and see what happens.

It was the same yesterday, Sky commentator described the Leeds and Villa as 'real' premier league teams...

It was the same yesterday, Sky commentator described the Leeds and Villa as 'real' premier league teams...

This is the stupidity. Leeds haven't been in the Prem since the last Millenium (trying to make it sound as bad as I can). And we have several times.

Although I was delighted that they did say we were "returning" to the PL.

So I guess they are saying teams like Bournemouth shouldn't be  there.

50 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I was thinking about this the other day.

I too have been rather annoyed by the constant obsession within the media over "Frank Lampard's Derby". The love-in with him seems far from over. But I wondered whether Frank and the DC team would rather not have that highlighted on a regular basis and instead be allowed to just get on with their jobs a bit more quietly and out of the spotlight? It's never going to happen, though, as he's always been a media darling and will probably continue to be

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Once again, Derby have NOT overspent this season, they have significantly  cut back. One reason why Rowett jumped ship.

They did feel the need to sell their ground to their owner for £80m which suggests to me they may have been slightly worried about ffp.