Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Three Free Transfers....

Love Stiepermann messing about behind Zimmerman. Squad is so together and lead so well. Bring on the PL

What comes across to me is that they're all so happy to be part of this team/club/city. You can really see the value of having players here who want to play for the club, rather than people like Marshall, Pritchard or Howson. No disrespect to any of those players - they're all quite talented - but SW and DF were right to send them packing as soon as they mentioned that they wanted to leave. 

• Like 1

Top guys and it really does drive home just how key it is to get the right players in.

Was so pleased to see Zimbo get acknowledged in the top 3 and having seen the way he’s performed this season and what it means to him. I remember reading some on here criticising us getting him in from the 4th division in Germany, what a leader he has been.

• Like 1

I have watched them all season and you just see them as footballers. Equals all trying to get the better of the opposition. And they did most of the time.

But then I see the YouTube videos of Aarons and Cantwell celebrating after Saturday and I now see they are just kids! I have older Grandchidren. But what bloody marvellous and talented kids they are and there is so much satisfaction in seeing the praise and adulation they are getting - and they are ours!

I think this promotion, although we have seen it coming for weeks has probably been as good as 72.

• Like 3

Adding to the other great comments on this thread is that they all simply come across as decent, humble and pleasant lads, the sort of blokes you could quite happily go out for a pint with. Good luck to them next season, hopefully their good form will see them well.

Amen to al the comments above.

All three had been 'cast off' with Krul probably feted as to be a 'McGovern' figure - experienced bench warmer

Pukki probably wanting 'another go', knowing what he could do if given the right chance

But typifying most were the words of Zimmerman. A player who at 24 in the 4th tier of German football was already planning for life after football. A couple of years of a PL contract will sort that out !

What the whole squad has emphasised is just how important it is to be motivated and totally committed. Russell Martin would never feature in an all time City X1 but that doesn't stop us from recognising how he applied himself and took his chance with both hands.

The squad that came down last time lacked that commitment - or certain individuals did. As it was obvious many did not really want to be here, and seemed to have the attitude of 'so what' I can get another contract easily elsewhere.

And despite the guff about formations, playing two on top, how many yards have each throw travelled it comes down to how keen to you are to win. Which is frequently spoke of as 'they wanted it more than us'.

And that has been the case for us over so many games this season. An absolute desire to win, and to never give up that desire.....no matter how many minutes into added time it is 😯

So all I can say is what a season it has been (and it's not over) what a squad and what a farkin brilliant club - from Delia's mum to the youngest ball boy.

Now lets get hold of that trophy ... for all the above and especially for all of the gits on here, each and everyone of of you 😍

Zimmermann looked like he'd been in floods of tears. What a story - 4th tier of german football to captaining a team to the Premier League. You can tell how much he appreciates the club, but the same was true of Krul who has been there and seen it all - he was in a difficult spot and now he feels like he is part of something special.

That's the thing that's been most evident all season, and what sets this one apart from all that's gone before. Every single player in the squad walks out on to that pitch with a sense of pride. They genuinely care about the club, and will lay it all on the line every game for their team-mates. 

This team is special.

Brilliant videos, and very enlightening, cheers Eddie : ). Listening to Christoph, what a wonderfully humble man (as they all are from what I can see). He’s one of my favourite signings in the Farke era. Really pleased to see him living the dream. Stiepi was cracking me up in the background of the Zimbo interview... ‘He’s lying!’. And listening to Krul, it made me think that there really could be a lot more to come from him - I suspect that he’s not even hit his prime yet, and it will be interesting to see if he can force his way back into the Dutch international setup next season, this would not surprise me remotely.

Christoph is not just a top and still improving defender. He's also a top person and ambassador for our beloved Canaries. It's no surprise to see him as captain because I'm sure he has full respect of everyone at our club. And, as you can see during games, other clubs too. I can't speak highly enough of him and what he brings to the community surrounding our fantastic football club.

• Like 7

The German mentality, to work hard, that use to be the English mentality, is back at Carrow Road 👍

We don't need many additions to the current squad -- A trio of quality defenders who yearn to train hard will suffice.

Three hard working defenders to replace which of our existing ones Jools, you don’t mean our non-German Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis do you? 

• Like 1

Whatever transfers occur must NOT disrupt the amazing team spirit. The gestalt :classic_cool: This is a hard won & precious commodity.

In this topic I am unanimous.

Edited by ron obvious
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Christoph is not just a top and still improving defender. He's also a top person and ambassador for our beloved Canaries. It's no surprise to see him as captain because I'm sure he has full respect of everyone at our club. And, as you can see during games, other clubs too. I can't speak highly enough of him and what he brings to the community surrounding our fantastic football club.

Those interviews were very interesting, most especially Christoph's who comes across so well. It is very clear how much it means to him to be playing for us but we are very fortunate to have someone like him playing for us. 

• Like 1

I know he wasn’t free but seeing what it meant to Leitner was also telling.

At one point he was sat on the edge of the box just staring in to the Barclay.

I’d heard from a good source that he was deemed a ‘problem’ before he joined us and was risking heading out of the game, maybe another who is thankful we took a punt on him.

8 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I know he wasn’t free but seeing what it meant to Leitner was also telling.

At one point he was sat on the edge of the box just staring in to the Barclay.

I’d heard from a good source that he was deemed a ‘problem’ before he joined us and was risking heading out of the game, maybe another who is thankful we took a punt on him.

Indeed, he was a 'problem', officially. That's why his career nosedived.

I live in Italy and I've got a mate who follows Lazio, and when we signed Leitner on loan I asked what went wrong for Leitner during his time there, bearing in mind that Lazio bought him, gave him two substitute appearances in six months, and then sold him back to Germany. I was told that at Lazio, he was only interesting in partying, which explains why he went from making 50-odd appearances for Dortmund by the age of 20 to ending up unwanted by Augsburg four years later. It looks like he's back on track, and at 26, he still has a long career ahead of him.

18 hours ago, Surfer said:

Three hard working defenders to replace which of our existing ones Jools, you don’t mean our non-German Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis do you? 

😲

We've got Pinto, Franke, Husband & possibly Passlack on their way out of the club and Hanley could prove to be about as much use as t*ts on a swordfish back in the Premier -- He struggles to make a p*ss-poor Scotland squad, ffs.

That leaves Zimmermann, Klose, Godfrey, Lewis & Aarons 👍 + Heise & Raggett who we really know f*ck all about 🤔

Do you really think that'll be enough defensively when we've shipped goals all season in the 2nd Division?

If your answer is yes, then I can assume you're as clueless about football as you are on the EU and politics.

Edited by Jools

I see that your habit of not actually answering questions about football is the same as your non-answers on EU and politics. 

2 hours ago, Jools said:

😲

We've got Pinto, Franke, Husband & possibly Passlack on their way out of the club and Hanley could prove to be about as much use as t*ts on a swordfish back in the Premier -- He struggles to make a p*ss-poor Scotland squad, ffs.

That leaves Zimmermann, Klose, Godfrey, Lewis & Aarons 👍 + Heise & Raggett who we really know f*ck all about 🤔

Do you really think that'll be enough defensively when we've shipped goals all season in the 2nd Division?

If your answer is yes, then I can assume you're as clueless about football as you are on the EU and politics.

I do hope you’re exactly right about our defense. Because after the way you slaughtered John earlier, I would hate for your current thoughts to be resurrected in future and completely ridiculed in such a way that make you look like a ****ing **** 👍

Edited by Alex Moss

An old aged team past its usefulness to a decent number of Germans, some very young home grown academy guys, then a sprinkle of Finland, Holland, Scotland, Cuba, Argentina...but then add the special ingredients..DF and SW, two hard working, humble guys who believe in team and club spirit and togetherness and join them with a loan arranger who knows and loves the club from top to bottom, and a major share holding couple who in their 3rd decade continue to uphold the beliefs and characteristics of what NCFC are all about...a local, family, community and social club that continue to fly in the face of modern day big time charlies and conglomerates yet manage to make the yellow and green a hugely bigger symbol than perhaps its roots would suggest is possible.

Im sure there are many other staff at the club that also gel into what i describe above but yea...what you see and hear from those 3 guys are what we have and where we are with City at this moment in time. The success thats come along this season has been incredible but for me its something else that this club has thats more special to me..that togetherness and spirit...and it started to form last season, well before things started to get exciting on the pitch. Its a special, magical moment in time for City, maybe it wont last forever of course, but while its here, live it to the full i say.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Surfer said:

I see that your habit of not actually answering questions about football is the same as your non-answers on EU and politics. 

Okay, Serfdom, let's have another look at your original question to my post where I stated the following:- "The German mentality, to work hard, that use to be the English mentality, is back at Carrow Road 👍 We don't need many ADDITIONS to the current squad -- A trio of quality defenders who yearn to train hard will suffice."

In your reply to the above you asked "Three hard working defenders to replace which of our existing ones Jools, you don’t mean our non-German Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis do you?"

A silly question in more ways than one because it suggests I was saying Aarons, Godfrey & Lewis are not hardworking or good enough, when the fact they are - thanks to our excellent German coaching system - is already a given, and then you went on to claim I favour German defenders over British defenders and that the British defenders should be replaced when I clearly stated any new signings would obviously be ADDITIONS to the squad.  

Now, allow me to ask you a question - I'll keep it simple especially for you -- Do you think we should sign any defenders for next season?