Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

Leeds 😂😂😂😂

"Bloody lucky Norwich, getting to face a depleted Villa team" to quote a Leeds fan "and we were the root cause!" he added.  Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again.

A draw prevents villa finishing anything but 5th, so they may well rest key players.

30 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

BAN BAMFORD!!! CHEATING LITTLE....

Just seen the replays. Oh dear Bamford, even the Oscar judges would deem it OTT.

Never thought i would say it but at least one man in Leeds showed a lot of class today and that was Jack Duckworth, i mean Bielsa.

As for posters saying never seen anything like it before allowing the equaliser i seem to remember a similar situation years ago at Arsenal v Sheff Utd at Highbury and a throw in leading to a goal. All rather sketchy but i am sure somebody will recall it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Icecream Snow said:

I can't believe Sky are waxing lyrically about Bielsa's "integrity and honesty" for giving them an equalizer, especially after Spygate.

To be fair - he did do the right thing and that pleasantly surprised me.

I wonder what would have happened if they were still in the shout with automatics though...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Never thought i would say it but at least one man in Leeds showed a lot of class today and that was Jack Duckworth, i mean Bielsa.

As for posters saying never seen anything like it before allowing the equaliser i seem to remember a similar situation years ago at Arsenal v Sheff Utd at Highbury and a throw in leading to a goal. All rather sketchy but i am sure somebody will recall it.

Wasn't there something similar involving Robbie Fowler in a Liverpool game or am thinking of something completely different

6 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

To be fair - he did do the right thing and that pleasantly surprised me.

I wonder what would have happened if they were still in the shout with automatics though...

Exactly, the game was essentially a friendly in how meaningful the result was. They had zero chance of catching Sheff Utd, so what did he have to lose?

10 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I can't believe Sky are waxing lyrically about Bielsa's "integrity and honesty" for giving them an equalizer, especially after Spygate.

It wouldn't have happened if anything had been riding on the game.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That match was "replayed" after Arsenal recognised that Kanu should have returned the ball to Blades keeper after he had cleared out for a throw to allow treatment to injured player.  Kanu set up Overmars to score what would have been a winner.  Arsenal board agreed to a rematch before the first match ended - if Wenger had done a "Bielsa" it may have saved a lot of expense.  Instead Arsenal won the replay easily.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Remember Leroy Fer scoring one of those goals which go against the 'unwritten rules'. Ref just ruled it out though.

Wasn't it Swansea? Whilst Fer shouldn't have done it, I don't agree with the ref ruling it out, as I don't think it's against any rules.

There was nearly a similar thing in our game against Cardiff a few years ago when Fer put the ball in when everyone else had stopped. In that instance the ref disallowed it for having not blown his whistle for the throw in (a technicality) but it would’ve probably been a let them walk a goal in situation had ours stood.

It's bad enough to dive like that in the first place. It isn't like he made the most out of something, it was genuinely nothing.

What makes it so low though - is that he did it in the aftermath of one of the most unsportsmanlike goals I have ever seen.

Draw is a perfect result as it cements Villa to their current league position, regardless of the result against us. As in football if there is a result that suits both sides, it ususlly happens, a draw at Villa Park seems likely...

• Like 1

Dive or not, El Ghazi still swung his elbow out, can’t see it being rescinded as the intent was there, doesn’t really matter how much of a **** Bamford was being in starting it and then play acting... although I hope he gets a ban too the absolute briefcase.

• Confused 2

All of these sort of problems stem from the Ref. He has, I believe, to make the decision to stop the game if he feels a player is injured. As far as I am concerned, if he doesn't blow to stop the game you should play on, it's not up to players or managers as to when the game should be halted.

15 minutes ago, kick it off said:

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2019/04/28/still-believe-were-better-than-norwich-and-sheffield-united-former-leeds-star/418213/

Jesus ****ing Christ. They've lots more games in 2019 than we have all season.

Deluded

They play a 100 mile an our game but only have the skill level for 85.

Fitness and strength only take you so far.

At best I would call them competent but inefficient.

6 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Wasn't there something similar involving Robbie Fowler in a Liverpool game or am thinking of something completely different

Fowler went over a keeper, ref gives a pen. Fowler tells ref it isn’t a pen but it’s been awarded, I think he deliberately missed. 

6 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I was grasping for who he reminded me of Til, thanks for that . 👍

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Fowler went over a keeper, ref gives a pen. Fowler tells ref it isn’t a pen but it’s been awarded, I think he deliberately missed. 

Yes that was it. Thanks