ricardo

502 Gateway ate my Report

Sorry folks, I posted my report at 11pm last night but it got eaten by the 502 Gateway problem and is lost somewhere in the ether.

Suffice to say it was a wonderful night of raw emotion. We have only ever clinched promotion in a home match once before. In 1960 I stood in the old Barclay stand with my dear old dad. Last night i was at the other end of the ground with my son. Neat bookends to a lifetime of supporting our beloved club. At the end I didn't want to leave the ground and watching the players on their lap of honour I couldn't help but think of what a wonderful roller coaster ride its been, so many ups and downs, despair and elation in fairly equal measure. What a time to have been alive and experienced it all, I am indeed blessed.

What a night, what a team and what a very special club we support. 

On the ball City, never mind the danger.

Hopefully more to come next year if I'm still in the land of the living😀

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

Well, I couldn't even like your post Ricardo - shonky bloody site! Thanks very much for all your reports this season which, as you say, has been truly wonderful!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Sorry folks, I posted my report at 11pm last night but it got eaten by the 502 Gateway problem and is lost somewhere in the ether.

Suffice to say it was a wonderful night of raw emotion. We have only ever clinched promotion in a home match once before. In 1960 I stood in the old Barclay stand with my dear old dad. Last night i was at the other end of the ground with my son. Neat bookends to a lifetime of supporting our beloved club. At the end I didn't want to leave the ground and watching the players on their lap of honour I couldn't help but think of what a wonderful roller coaster ride its been, so many ups and downs, despair and elation in fairly equal measure. What a time to have been alive and experienced it all, I am indeed blessed.

What a night, what a team and what a very special club we support. 

On the ball City, never mind the danger.

Hopefully more to come next year if I'm still in the land of the living😀

Sums it up perfectly Ricardo.

Could be worse though, I hear Leeds fans are blaming 502 for scuppering their promotion hopes......

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Sums it all up great Ricardo.

Those two goals though.......the second one was as beautiful a strike as you could ever see. 

A thing of beauty LDC. There were a few in tears at the end and I'm not ashamed to admit that I was one of them.

This promotion was unexpected, we hoped as always but I doubt anyone saw it coming. I hope I'm not being greedy by wanting the Championship as well.👍

Not greedy at all IMO, we’ve rightfully been at the top long enough to warrant it. Hopefully a draw dirty LU v AV today will allow for a diplomatic draw at Villa Park next weekend.

1 minute ago, Beetley Yellow said:

Not greedy at all IMO, we’ve rightfully been at the top long enough to warrant it. Hopefully a draw dirty LU v AV today will allow for a diplomatic draw at Villa Park next weekend.

It is pretty much settled that Villa will Play WBA or Leeds (I don't see WBA getting third TBH) in the Semis, I am sure they don't give a damn which, The only thing left to settle in the play offs is 6th, 'boro or Derby, Bristol looking unlikely now. It's all very interesting, for the first time since we were i it, I'm going watch the Playoffs.

10 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

Well, I couldn't even like your post Ricardo - shonky bloody site! Thanks very much for all your reports this season which, as you say, has been truly wonderful!

I'll second that - thanks for the reports this season Ricardo - they are always the best account of the game that I read!

• Like 1

Yes Ricardo - echo all the sentiments regarding the great work you do. I get to see precious little on the tele here in Australia, so highlights shows are all I get to see and read only sterile accounts from a journo who doesn't really care about our club. We have been on a fair bit recently though, so that's been great.

Your match reports are infused with so much emotion and love for this club. They are by far the best account I could read. Love them all.

Will be able to watch way more of my beloved Canaries next year in the Prem. Cannot wait.

• Like 1

Thanks for the report as ever Ricardo!!! I was jumping for joy with a tear in my eye too!

This has been one of the greatest seasons I have witnessed since I started off in the middle of the eighties. Nobody even gave us an outside chance at the beginning of the season!

Your reports have been a must read for me...

Ricardo's posts are an excellent place to respond. Despite him droning on about how he saw Len Flack play pre war, his contribution is great .  Thanks Ricardo and if you want to know why I referenced Len Flack he is a distant relative , or was, have a look at Canary Citizens.

A wonderful wonderful night. Webber is right , NOBODY said this was coming - you can bump all the threads you like. This side has played some of the best football I have seen in my years at Carrow Road, which started in 1972. It has been a leap into the unknown, none of us knew any of these players , or how good they were . Even the players have been surprised by the manner of their success. Those of us at Millwall last season are still pinching ourselves.

The stutter added to the relief of winning, and seeing it across the line at home was all the more special. In truth I honestly believe we have been the victim of indifferent  refereeing, and should have gone up earlier. But if anyone wants to bump the thread where I said it would be done against Blackburn , please feel free.

This message board serves as a great place for therapeutic moaning and I will use it ever thus . The ignore button has made it even better. I sat at the End of Season dinner last night,  drinking in the emotions - these players are a special bunch and genuinely believe they are the best team in the league. I concur and  I hope they bring back the trophy .

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Great reports throughout the season

One question How do you keep so many notes are you in the Media section because where I sit I am up and down like a yo yo

Amazing how many want to get a beer and food during the game or use the toilets.

Amazing how many want to get a beer and food during the game or use the toilets.

Too right Daly. People pay enough money to watch. Have a pint or two before and after but I have never found the necessity to have one at half time. If you can't go a couple of hours without a pint or some chips. It is the same as people who leave before the end. Why?

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Too right Daly. People pay enough money to watch. Have a pint or two before and after but I have never found the necessity to have one at half time. If you can't go a couple of hours without a pint or some chips. It is the same as people who leave before the end. Why?

Seconded. Amazing how many people are prepared to stump up silly prices for a quick chug of 330ml of generic lager.

Maybe it's like a course of antibiotic to them and they need to be 'topped up' regularly or something disastrous might happen.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Mrs R refils my miniature prior to every match. A halftime livener is a must at my time of life.🍷🚴‍♂️

Mrs R refils my miniature prior to every match. A halftime livener is a must at my time of life.

What is your preferred tipple in the hip flask? I fill mine with Spiced Rum for out on the golf course.

Edited by keelansgrandad

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Mrs R refils my miniature prior to every match. A halftime livener is a must at my time of life.

What is your preferred tipple in the hip flask? I fill mine with Spiced Rum for out on the golf course.

Usually Jamesons.🍾

• Like 1