Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Norwich v Blackburn

15 hours ago, kirku said:

Not a red card (unfortunately) and don't even know what pen you're on about - if it was that handball call then you're way off

Are you on drugs? That was a stonewall penalty all day long, it could not have been more blatant.

As for deliberately chopping down Pukki, because of the intention, then for me it really should be a red, but each to their own.

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Are you on drugs? That was a stonewall penalty all day long, it could not have been more blatant.

As for deliberately chopping down Pukki, because of the intention, then for me it really should be a red, but each to their own.

Yep, in the cold light of day, emotional bias gone and a clearer view, definite penalty (he even moves his hand) and a definite red card.

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Thought the yellow was right, but frustrating because it was very similar to the Forest red vs Sheff U last week. We've not been getting the benefit of the 50/50 decisions recently. Could have been given either way.

Defo a pen.

Agree KIO. Similar to Benayounes red for forest. That was harsh. Could have been red but see the refs point. Pukki still had a lot of ground to cover to get into a goal scoring position. 

Definitely a pen all day long though.

It was even the same referee who gave the Forest red last week, which was frustrating. Pukki had taken a great first touch, no one was catching him for me so should’ve been a red. I suppose it’s the distance to goal that’s saved the defender.

Yep, Pukki had left the first defending almost standing, no way the ‘covering’ defender would have caught him, imho.

Anyone else notice Cristoph Zimmermann at the end celebrations ?  He seemed to be on his own, apart from other players. When he first arrived he said in an interview " “My parents and brother are in Germany, and my girlfriend also has a good job so she will stay in Germany. So I’m going to be here on my own. But if it’s this way, it’s way easier than I expected because when you’re on your own and have no one to talk to, it’s hard. But I do not feel this way. Everyone is trying to help me and trying to make the best of it, so that’s good.” Is this still the situation with him ? 

6 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Intention doesn't come in to it, it was a yellow.

Having read a few match reports and not seen any mention of this "stonewall pen", I'll stick with my initial reaction.

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Anyone else notice Cristoph Zimmermann at the end celebrations ?  He seemed to be on his own, apart from other players. When he first arrived he said in an interview " “My parents and brother are in Germany, and my girlfriend also has a good job so she will stay in Germany. So I’m going to be here on my own. But if it’s this way, it’s way easier than I expected because when you’re on your own and have no one to talk to, it’s hard. But I do not feel this way. Everyone is trying to help me and trying to make the best of it, so that’s good.” Is this still the situation with him ? 

I thought Zimmermann's interview immediately post match was impressive. No wonder this player has elevated himself, his attitude and clarity were proper leadership quality. He is Farke on the pitch as should be the case. 

I understand the rule requires a goalscoring opportunity. I would say Pukki would have had a goalscoring opportunity. I think  a leg race to the goal is all the other Blackburn player had.

Ref again was poor and the standard is unbelievably bad.