Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Norwich v Blackburn

5 minutes ago, Tired said:

Vrancic is so bloody good

Worth saying for a third time

1 minute ago, Tired said:

Worth saying for a third time

Madison Schmadison. We've got Super Mario.

That's why we needed that second. Blackburn scoring like that (with their only shot of the game so far) was always a possibility. Look how much it has sucked the atmosphere out at 2-1. If that had been a equaliser it could have changed the game. As it is hopefully we can shrug it off

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Need to cut out the habit of conceding just after scoring.

Done that several times this season.

Strengthening the defence should be the first priority for next season.

If we are to play in the Premier League we have a huge problem next season. 

So much of our attacking prowess comes from the attacking full-backs. This leaves us exposed which has seen us concede a fair amount of goals this season, as a team which has been dominant in terms of possession. In the Premier League we are unlikely to be on top in many games like we have been this season. Our fullbacks may invariably need to spend most of their time defending.

Firstly, are Lewis and Aarons solid enough defensively.

Secondly, if they are defending most of the time, will this mean we will struggle to score goals?

1 minute ago, Jools said:

Done that several times this season.

Strengthening the defence should be the first priority for next season.

Feels like a concentration issue as much as anything. Also our vulnerability to shots from just outside the box suggests it might be more our midfield than defence. IMO an upgrade on Trybull/Tettey is key.

Saw the best and worst of Vrancic there. Superb strike but too slow to close down their goal. Ideally there's a defensive mid next to him as he's so bloody good! 

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

So much of our attacking prowess comes from the attacking full-backs. This leaves us exposed which has seen us concede a fair amount of goals this season, as a team which has been dominant in terms of possession. In the Premier League we are unlikely to be on top in many games like we have been this season. Our fullbacks may invariably need to spend most of their time defending.

Secondly, if they are defending most of the time, will this mean we will struggle to score goals?

This is where a solid defensive midfielder comes in. Someone who can drop deep when we have the ball, split the central defenders and give cover if the fullbacks bomb on.

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

New goalkeeper and defensive midfielder would be my priorities. I'd also get in a new centre back as I think we need some fresh blood to lead the defense better; I also think Farke doesn't rate Hanley due to his poor distribution.

OTBC

Just now, king canary said:

This is where a solid defensive midfielder comes in. Someone who can drop deep when we have the ball, split the central defenders and give cover if the fullbacks bomb on.

BJ used to do this very well

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

BJ used to do this very well

Can't say that is how I remember him but hey ho.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

IMO an upgrade on Trybull/Tettey is key.

Aye - a quality DM is imperative.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Can't say that is how I remember him but hey ho.

Before he was converted into a wide target man in that wonderful season where he added goals to his game, he was playing in a traditional defensive midfield role. I was always a massive critic of BJ, but one of the things he did do well was to be aware enough to drop deep and cover whilst other players surged forward

Crowd seem a little apprehensive as well. We have enough quality to thump this lot. 

7 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

New goalkeeper and defensive midfielder would be my priorities. I'd also get in a new centre back as I think we need some fresh blood to lead the defense better; I also think Farke doesn't rate Hanley due to his poor distribution.

OTBC

I cant think he'd have made him captain if he didnt rate him?

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Crowd seem a little apprehensive as well. We have enough quality to thump this lot. 

Im reminded of what Bielsa said about creating chances vs scoring goals.

We've had a number of shots on goal this first half which could easily have gone in. We could be 4 or 5 up for the sake of a few inches. As it is, another sucker punch spoils the party. Need to start putting these away or we will rue it

• Like 1

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Can't get into the side though. 4th choice.

Surely that is just the policy of not changing a winning team and allowing a youngster to keep his place whilst doing well.

Godfrey has promise, but in terms of current ability Im sure Hanley and Klose are ahead of him in Farke's eyes.

I think Farke rates Leitner and Vrancic above McLean, but he has kept his place as he hasnt done anything to deserve to be dropped