Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

God, I felt sorry for Worthy.

Did you just see Nigel Worthington''s interview on Anglia TV this Sunday afternoon, after the match highlights?. God, I felt for the man, he remained calm, but I belive his bottom lip was quivering a bit when the talk moved on to Huckerby, His stated desire to sign this player was obivious and so easy to see, and I still don''t belive he''s totaly given up on it, way to go Nigel, you''re a b***dy hero mate. And thats me talking here, you are proving me wrong every day, and I love you for it!.

i did have so much faith in worthy, that he would stand up to the board and their constant whingeing about no money, but then he has got in mckenzie, is this club really going to sign huckerby AND mckenzie after for months going on about no money?

trust me first wiz, no one would be more delighted than me, but i think with the purchase of the usual second best fodder we ncfc fans have been used to for so long, our beautiful love affair with the great hucks is over, i know nig will be upset, of course he is, he can see all his dreams floating off into the sunset and the money men getting excited about the new stand, etc etc

unfortunately, i now live on the south coast, so cannot see the local tv, so cannot comment on what worthy said, but i can only imagine the man is absolutely gutted. We all are.

[quote user="Gibbo"]And your point here?[/quote]

The point is, has anything changed?  I remain to be convinced.

Doncaster bleating again today in the EEN.  Read it and weep . . .

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[quote user="Gibbo"]And your point here?[/quote]

The point is, has anything changed?  I remain to be convinced.

Doncaster bleating again today in the EEN.  Read it and weep . . .

[/quote]

He got Huckerby...

He got sacked...

And nobody was bleating about Doncaster then.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]The legendary 1st Wizard must hold the record on this message boared for having old posts resurrected.[/quote]

I must be bored to spell board as "boared". Is that what a boar does to a sow?

People forget how much Worthy actually did for the club - just a shame he wasn''t backed once we were relegated and paid the cost.

Lets hope Roeder can bring us success too...

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]People forget how much Worthy actually did for the club - just a shame he wasn''t backed once we were relegated and paid the cost. Lets hope Roeder can bring us success too...[/quote]

Agreed, Worthington delivered the best times for the club since Mike Walker, and he did pay the price for the Boards failure to make enough money available for the year we were in the Prem as well as the year after.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]People forget how much Worthy actually did for the club - just a shame he wasn''t backed once we were relegated and paid the cost. Lets hope Roeder can bring us success too...[/quote]

Agreed, Worthington delivered the best times for the club since Mike Walker, and he did pay the price for the Boards failure to make enough money available for the year we were in the Prem as well as the year after.

[/quote]I agree with both. However it is also easy to forget how out of his depth he was in the premiership. Some, many of his decisions, formations and tactics were naive. We can all harp on about the boards not making funds available. We only know what we saw. He did sign players for that prem season. mostly bad signings not good enough or in some cases not committed enough. We had Aston for half a season. He did well but could have done better if allowed. Not one away win all season. Always the formation away ultra defensive, ultra cautious. Game plan away never to win. When the time came to win away when we had to we didn''t know how or what to do. Worthington is the past. The one thing we can all thank him for. Huckerby. What a signing. And what fun to watch him play. Given licence especially in the promotion season just to do his thing. no restriction, no secondary duties, no strict positioning, just play, that’s what Worthy gave Hucks and us.Thanks Nige and an even bigger thanks Darren.

[quote user="2nd Wizard"]I just saw those four ''luvlies'' on Britains got Talent.  Must admit I was board stiff[;)]
[/quote]

So did I 2nd Wiz....i''m in love!!! Although Amanda Holden looks rough with all that botox in her face!

Sorry Mods i know this isnt about football, but its better than reading 1st wiz''s old posts!!!!!